I posted on here a few days ago asking advice on the best SIM to buy for use in Spain (country of arrival), France, Italy and the UK, during a six week trip in July/August. I mistakenly mainly asked fellow Aussie travellers for their experience but in hindsight realised it is always best to ask locals as you guys are the ones who use the services all the time - and travel within the continent.
I have now realised that buying local is the way to go, rather than pre purchase something here, or using my provider on roaming from home, in Australia.
I have done some research and found some cheap options. orange.es for example seems to offer 1000 texts, calls at 0.01 Euro, and 1GB data, for around 12 Euro, valid for 30 days. Ideally I would like to use the one SIM, to save the hassle of having to find a shop as soon as I arrive in each new country, but can anyone advise on how much more expensive it will be to take the Spanish SIM abroad?
Can someone also please advise on how easy a service such as Orange is to use, how reliable and is it simple to top up once I either use all the credit, or when 30 days have passed?
Many thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 현금바둑이 =홈_피:【"ttx983.com"】추천인:지퍼
- 2 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 3 London advice
- 4 London 7 Day Paper Travelcard clarification
- 5 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 6 Eating in Italy with food allergies
- 7 Another Question re Scotland
- 8 Train up the Jungfrau
- 9 Charming areas to explore in London
- 10 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 11 Kitchenette in hotel room?
- 12 Valencia, Spain
- 13 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 14 Visit to Engand
- 15 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 16 Place to stay
- 17 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 18 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 19 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 20 Driver"s License & Language
- 21 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 22 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 23 credit and debit cards
- 24 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 25 May get together in Paris
Buying a SIM in Spain and using it in Italy, France and the UK also