I posted on here a few days ago asking advice on the best SIM to buy for use in Spain (country of arrival), France, Italy and the UK, during a six week trip in July/August. I mistakenly mainly asked fellow Aussie travellers for their experience but in hindsight realised it is always best to ask locals as you guys are the ones who use the services all the time - and travel within the continent.
I have now realised that buying local is the way to go, rather than pre purchase something here, or using my provider on roaming from home, in Australia.
I have done some research and found some cheap options. orange.es for example seems to offer 1000 texts, calls at 0.01 Euro, and 1GB data, for around 12 Euro, valid for 30 days. Ideally I would like to use the one SIM, to save the hassle of having to find a shop as soon as I arrive in each new country, but can anyone advise on how much more expensive it will be to take the Spanish SIM abroad?
Can someone also please advise on how easy a service such as Orange is to use, how reliable and is it simple to top up once I either use all the credit, or when 30 days have passed?
Many thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 2 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 3 Scotland - We're Here!
- 4 Train / Calabria
- 5 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 6 16 days in France and Italy
- 7 TIM in FCO - update
- 8 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 9 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 10 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 11 Itinery help Crete
- 12 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 13 Lisbon - a few tips
- 14 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 15 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 16 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 17 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 18 Avoid Europcar!
- 19 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 20 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 21 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 22 European Vacation 2017
- 23 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 24 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 25 Need help in completing trip details
Buying a SIM in Spain and using it in Italy, France and the UK also