A friend and I (both American) are thinking of flying into St. Petersburg and buying a car to drive down to Moscow, south through Volgograd and then along the Caspian Sea into Azerbaijan. Eventually we would like to go through Georgia into Turkey. We are thinking of selling the car there in Turkey, or paying to ferry it across to Bulgaria/Albania, and continue driving up through the Balkans. A couple questions:
1. How difficult would it be to purchase a car in St. Petersburg?
2. If we do somehow manage to buy a car, would it be possible to sell it in Turkey?
3. Anyone know of a ferry route from Turkey to Albania?
4. How about selling the car in the Balkans--more or less difficult than in Turkey?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 2 Safety in Rome
- 3 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 4 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 5 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 6 Europe First Timers
- 7 Greek Village
- 8 Crete Holiday
- 9 Athens Help
- 10 One free day in Barcelona
- 11 Apartment Montreux area
- 12 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 17 base in brussels
- 18 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 19 Rome or Venice first
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 22 Berlin
- 23 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 24 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 25 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam