A friend and I (both American) are thinking of flying into St. Petersburg and buying a car to drive down to Moscow, south through Volgograd and then along the Caspian Sea into Azerbaijan. Eventually we would like to go through Georgia into Turkey. We are thinking of selling the car there in Turkey, or paying to ferry it across to Bulgaria/Albania, and continue driving up through the Balkans. A couple questions:
1. How difficult would it be to purchase a car in St. Petersburg?
2. If we do somehow manage to buy a car, would it be possible to sell it in Turkey?
3. Anyone know of a ferry route from Turkey to Albania?
4. How about selling the car in the Balkans--more or less difficult than in Turkey?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 3 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 4 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 5 Italy in a week
- 6 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 7 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 8 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 9 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 10 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 11 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 12 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 13 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 14 My special places in Europe
- 15 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 18 Weather in Budapest in late September
- 19 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 20 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 21 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 22 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 23 Travelling with Vueling?
- 24 Night Bus?
- 25 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train