I am trying to decide if I should buy my train tickets ahead of time on trenitalia or wait and buy them at a TI when in Italy. I will be in Italy in August, so it will be crowded on trains, I'm assuming. I am looking at tickets for Venice- Florence and then Florence -Rome. The pros of buying ahead are convenience as I don't have to find a TI and buy tickets when I have limited time, can pick seats, will be assured of getting a reservation, etc. Cons are I have to choose an exact time for travel.
If I buy a base fare ahead of time, is it easy to change the time of my ticket if I want to? How do I do this? At a TI or at train station? Or is it easier to just buy a ticketless ticket at trenitalia while in Italy? Reason: I will have a better idea of when I want to leave each city when I am in the city. For example, I only have 1.5 days in Venice, so I may want to leave for Florence later in the day instead of earlier.
I've also thought about buying the mini fares (40 percent savings), but not sure I want to be locked into a specific departures time. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 önl!ne BELLSOUTH Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681 :7208 Bellsouth 24*7
- 2 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 3 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 4 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 TIM in FCO - update
- 7 Scotland - We're Here!
- 8 Train / Calabria
- 9 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 10 16 days in France and Italy
- 11 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 12 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 13 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 14 Itinery help Crete
- 15 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 16 Lisbon - a few tips
- 17 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 18 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 19 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 20 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 21 Avoid Europcar!
- 22 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 23 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 24 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 25 European Vacation 2017
Buy train ticket for travel in Italy online or wait and buy one at a TI?