I just returned from a vacation to York and Edinburgh (some trip notes to come soon).
I remember seeing buskers on my last trip in 2010 to Edinburgh. I don't remember seeing people straight begging (sitting on sidewalk with cardboard sign). I saw one in York and 4-5 in Edinburgh.
Most of the Edinburgh folk who were straight begging also had dogs with them. One dog held a cap in his teeth. The others just slept.
I was really uncomfortable with the dog holding the cap. Yes, it attracted me to want to donate. I did not like how thin the dog was (complete skin-and-bones, no, but definitely on very thin side). I ended up walking on, not sure what to do, and uncomfortable with both the moving on and maybe putting in coin. If I had put in some coins, I really wondered if more food would be given the dog.
If someone is singing/playing instrument .. do you donate? how do you decide the yes/no? and if yes, then how much?
People sitting on the sidewalk with signs begging for funds .. do you donate? how do you decide the yes/no? and if yes, then how much?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 라이브바카라☭（╱」BOB248。CoM「╱）☭슈퍼카지노【슈퍼바카라】
- 2 생중계바카라☭（╱」BOB248。CoM「╱）☭슈퍼카지노【슈퍼바카라】
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 5 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 6 CDG much improved
- 7 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 8 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 9 http://www.toptryloburn.com/vita-laze/
- 10 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 11 Ronda Wine/biking
- 12 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 13 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 14 Italy bus or train
- 15 Ireland itinerary help please
- 16 May get together in Paris
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 19 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 20 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 21 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 22 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 23 Canal du Midi
- 24 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 25 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales