I just returned from a vacation to York and Edinburgh (some trip notes to come soon).
I remember seeing buskers on my last trip in 2010 to Edinburgh. I don't remember seeing people straight begging (sitting on sidewalk with cardboard sign). I saw one in York and 4-5 in Edinburgh.
Most of the Edinburgh folk who were straight begging also had dogs with them. One dog held a cap in his teeth. The others just slept.
I was really uncomfortable with the dog holding the cap. Yes, it attracted me to want to donate. I did not like how thin the dog was (complete skin-and-bones, no, but definitely on very thin side). I ended up walking on, not sure what to do, and uncomfortable with both the moving on and maybe putting in coin. If I had put in some coins, I really wondered if more food would be given the dog.
If someone is singing/playing instrument .. do you donate? how do you decide the yes/no? and if yes, then how much?
People sitting on the sidewalk with signs begging for funds .. do you donate? how do you decide the yes/no? and if yes, then how much?
Buskers and beggars .. donate? if yes, how much?
- 1 15 days in Central Europe
- 2 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 3 Safety on a Night Train from Amsterdam to Den Haag?
- 4 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 5 London Evening Activity
- 6 London at Xmas
- 7 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 8 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 9 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 10 Musée Marmottan - anything there?
- 11 Paris Recommendations
- 12 Europe Winter in 16 days
- 13 Suggestions for France Italy
- 14 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?
- 15 Which tour company would be best?
- 16 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 17 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 18 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 19 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 20 France by rail or car?
- 21 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 22 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 23 Tool for comparing train cost with and without Eurail
- 24 Anyone used Rive Gauche Rive Droit, or worked with William Royer?
- 25 Do I Need A Visa for London?