We are planning to take a Rick Steve trip that ends in Bled, Slovenia. We want to then spend a week in Rome, Italy. I need some advice on mode of travel from Ljubljana to Rome. Flying was too expensive. The train from in Slovenia was not direct to Venice to connect to Rome. It seemed, time wise that there is a direct bus from Ljubljana to the train station in Venice. Anyone with any experience with using a bus to Venice and then a train to Rome?
Bus or train travel from Ljubljana, Slovenia
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 2 Belgium/Holland OR Paris/Strasbourg/Lucern
- 3 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 4 Euro Train
- 5 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 6 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 7 First time traveler to Ireland
- 8 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 9 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 10 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 11 Prague - must see
- 12 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 13 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 14 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 15 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 16 Getting to Gatwick and home again
- 17 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 18 Advises for trip to Russia
- 19 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 20 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 21 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 22 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 23 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 24 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 25 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?