We are planning to take a Rick Steve trip that ends in Bled, Slovenia. We want to then spend a week in Rome, Italy. I need some advice on mode of travel from Ljubljana to Rome. Flying was too expensive. The train from in Slovenia was not direct to Venice to connect to Rome. It seemed, time wise that there is a direct bus from Ljubljana to the train station in Venice. Anyone with any experience with using a bus to Venice and then a train to Rome?
Bus or train travel from Ljubljana, Slovenia
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 2 Dresden Train Station
- 3 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 4 Italian Lakes gardens
- 5 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 6 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 7 Chambermaid tipping
- 8 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 9 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 10 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 11 London for Christmas
- 12 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 13 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 14 More help with housing in Puglia
- 15 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 16 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 17 Hotel in belligio, lake Como
- 18 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 19 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 20 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 21 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 River cruises
- 23 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 24 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 25 Week in Interlaken at end of February