We are planning to take a Rick Steve trip that ends in Bled, Slovenia. We want to then spend a week in Rome, Italy. I need some advice on mode of travel from Ljubljana to Rome. Flying was too expensive. The train from in Slovenia was not direct to Venice to connect to Rome. It seemed, time wise that there is a direct bus from Ljubljana to the train station in Venice. Anyone with any experience with using a bus to Venice and then a train to Rome?
Bus or train travel from Ljubljana, Slovenia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 2 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 3 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 4 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 5 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 6 I Got Tear Gassed In Pristina
- 7 Rocamaxour
- 8 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 9 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 10 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 11 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 12 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 13 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 14 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 15 Travel from Budapest to Rovinj, Croatia
- 16 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 17 France in 2003
- 18 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 19 Maratea
- 20 2 different itineraries
- 21 Insight coach tours of Italy & France
- 22 10 Day trip and want to see Rome - Florence - Cinque Terre - Venice
- 23 Home Base in Belgium
- 24 Now for the Venice hotel
- 25 Loco Spain Train Questions