We are planning about 4 days in Burgundy in June on the way from Provence to Alsace. We will take the train from Avignon to Lyon, and we're planning something like: 1 night in Lyon, 1-2 nights in Beaune, and 1-2 nights in Dijon.
From Beaune and Dijon, is it possible to explore the surrounding area without a car? It appears that there are regular trains to many of the smaller towns, and I know biking the canals is an option as well.
Will we be foolishly limiting ourselves by not renting a car, or is it possible to do some wine tasting and exploring of interesting villages and sights without one?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions Algarve beachfront hotel?
- 2 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 3 Barcelona, 4 nights which neighborhood?
- 4 Help me find a Villa in Val D'Orcia this Summer!
- 5 Looking for a lists of outside markets in Paris
- 6 Southern Spain - itinerary suggestions?
- 7 Montenegro in Sept/Oct
- 8 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 9 London: favorite recent exhibits?
- 10 Coastal Causeway Route- Northern Ireland
- 11 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 12 Sunday Markets in Paris
- 13 Favorite European cemeteries?
- 14 On line site to buy football tickets Lazio vs Milan 1 November 2015
- 15 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 16 How to get from any stop on BE to any place in France
- 17 Bus ticket to Siena
- 18 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 19 La Tavola Marche
- 20 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 21 Le Marche: Cartoceto, Fano...
- 22 House/villa in Italy or France
- 23 Italy for New Year's
- 24 Spanish Christmas season traditions
- 25 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014