We are planning about 4 days in Burgundy in June on the way from Provence to Alsace. We will take the train from Avignon to Lyon, and we're planning something like: 1 night in Lyon, 1-2 nights in Beaune, and 1-2 nights in Dijon.
From Beaune and Dijon, is it possible to explore the surrounding area without a car? It appears that there are regular trains to many of the smaller towns, and I know biking the canals is an option as well.
Will we be foolishly limiting ourselves by not renting a car, or is it possible to do some wine tasting and exploring of interesting villages and sights without one?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 2 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 3 Venice Film Fest
- 4 Vuerling airlines
- 5 Europe itinerary
- 6 France for a month in 2017
- 7 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 8 All of Spain or something else..?
- 9 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 10 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 11 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 12 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 13 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 14 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 15 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 16 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 17 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 18 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 19 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 20 evening of song and dance
- 21 Naples or Genoa
- 22 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 23 SIM card
- 24 Our time in Rome
- 25 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?