We are planning about 4 days in Burgundy in June on the way from Provence to Alsace. We will take the train from Avignon to Lyon, and we're planning something like: 1 night in Lyon, 1-2 nights in Beaune, and 1-2 nights in Dijon.
From Beaune and Dijon, is it possible to explore the surrounding area without a car? It appears that there are regular trains to many of the smaller towns, and I know biking the canals is an option as well.
Will we be foolishly limiting ourselves by not renting a car, or is it possible to do some wine tasting and exploring of interesting villages and sights without one?
Thanks in advance.
Burgundy without a car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 2 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 3 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 4 A drive in Europe
- 5 Romantic Venice Resturants with View
- 6 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 7 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 8 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 9 Hotel in Venice
- 10 Day trip on the Rhine
- 11 Avignon to London?
- 12 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 13 Swiss rail passes
- 14 Day trips
- 15 Europe in 21 days
- 16 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 17 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 18 Day trip from London to Paris
- 19 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 20 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 21 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 22 How to change college, after obtaining French visa?
- 23 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 24 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 25 nearby cities to london