We are planning about 4 days in Burgundy in June on the way from Provence to Alsace. We will take the train from Avignon to Lyon, and we're planning something like: 1 night in Lyon, 1-2 nights in Beaune, and 1-2 nights in Dijon.
From Beaune and Dijon, is it possible to explore the surrounding area without a car? It appears that there are regular trains to many of the smaller towns, and I know biking the canals is an option as well.
Will we be foolishly limiting ourselves by not renting a car, or is it possible to do some wine tasting and exploring of interesting villages and sights without one?
Thanks in advance.
Burgundy without a car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spontaneous trip to Eastern Europe
- 2 Euro Quiz #44 - Museum Pourri
- 3 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 4 Pickup rental car in Germany and drop off in Switzerland
- 5 Home Base in Belgium
- 6 Michelin, Fodors, Rough Guide, or ???-What's your favorite travel guide?
- 7 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 8 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 9 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 10 Pleased help! Does Venice have a ZTL?
- 11 Age for booking a hotel?
- 12 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 13 Is this realistic... advice?
- 14 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 15 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 16 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 17 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 18 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 21 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 22 mallorca
- 23 Train to Harry Potter Studio---Tips?
- 24 Switzerland Trip with Family
- 25 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland