We are planning about 4 days in Burgundy in June on the way from Provence to Alsace. We will take the train from Avignon to Lyon, and we're planning something like: 1 night in Lyon, 1-2 nights in Beaune, and 1-2 nights in Dijon.
From Beaune and Dijon, is it possible to explore the surrounding area without a car? It appears that there are regular trains to many of the smaller towns, and I know biking the canals is an option as well.
Will we be foolishly limiting ourselves by not renting a car, or is it possible to do some wine tasting and exploring of interesting villages and sights without one?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We're here!
- 2 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 3 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 7 Another tipping question: concierges
- 8 6-7 Days in France
- 9 International Flight Question
- 10 5 Days in Switzerland
- 11 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 12 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 15 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 16 Bremerhaven and environs
- 17 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 18 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 19 Spain in July
- 20 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 21 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 22 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 23 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 24 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 25 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help