We are planning about 4 days in Burgundy in June on the way from Provence to Alsace. We will take the train from Avignon to Lyon, and we're planning something like: 1 night in Lyon, 1-2 nights in Beaune, and 1-2 nights in Dijon.
From Beaune and Dijon, is it possible to explore the surrounding area without a car? It appears that there are regular trains to many of the smaller towns, and I know biking the canals is an option as well.
Will we be foolishly limiting ourselves by not renting a car, or is it possible to do some wine tasting and exploring of interesting villages and sights without one?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 2 Prague old town
- 3 Car rental between countries
- 4 26 days in Italy
- 5 Holland Itinerary
- 6 tablet
- 7 Train Ticket Help
- 8 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 9 Puglia Itinerary - too many choices
- 10 Mennagio to Switzerland - 3 days....
- 11 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 12 Whirlwind trip!
- 13 Barcelona completely overrated
- 14 recommended hospitals in Athens Greece
- 15 Need Help with Itinerary – First Time in Portugal (2 Weeks)
- 16 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 17 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 18 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 19 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 20 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 21 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 22 England and Wales by public transport
- 23 Rhine River Cruise
- 24 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 25 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017