We are planning about 4 days in Burgundy in June on the way from Provence to Alsace. We will take the train from Avignon to Lyon, and we're planning something like: 1 night in Lyon, 1-2 nights in Beaune, and 1-2 nights in Dijon.
From Beaune and Dijon, is it possible to explore the surrounding area without a car? It appears that there are regular trains to many of the smaller towns, and I know biking the canals is an option as well.
Will we be foolishly limiting ourselves by not renting a car, or is it possible to do some wine tasting and exploring of interesting villages and sights without one?
Thanks in advance.
Burgundy without a car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 2 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 3 New !travel handbags, an update please!
- 4 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 5 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 6 Best St. Petersburg day trips? Need your advice!
- 7 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 8 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 9 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions
- 10 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 11 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 12 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 13 Traveling to Bordeaux
- 14 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 15 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 16 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 17 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 18 Purse week?
- 19 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 20 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 21 St Christophers Paris
- 22 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 23 Fashion week Sept 23-Oct 1....our dates for Paris Sept 22-28
- 24 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 25 Spain to France Itenerary Question: Plane or Train