We are planning about 4 days in Burgundy in June on the way from Provence to Alsace. We will take the train from Avignon to Lyon, and we're planning something like: 1 night in Lyon, 1-2 nights in Beaune, and 1-2 nights in Dijon.
From Beaune and Dijon, is it possible to explore the surrounding area without a car? It appears that there are regular trains to many of the smaller towns, and I know biking the canals is an option as well.
Will we be foolishly limiting ourselves by not renting a car, or is it possible to do some wine tasting and exploring of interesting villages and sights without one?
Thanks in advance.
Burgundy without a car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 2 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 3 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 4 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 5 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 6 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 7 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 8 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 9 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 10 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 11 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 12 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 13 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 14 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 15 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 16 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 17 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 18 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 19 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 20 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 21 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 22 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 23 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 24 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 25 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!