We are planning about 4 days in Burgundy in June on the way from Provence to Alsace. We will take the train from Avignon to Lyon, and we're planning something like: 1 night in Lyon, 1-2 nights in Beaune, and 1-2 nights in Dijon.
From Beaune and Dijon, is it possible to explore the surrounding area without a car? It appears that there are regular trains to many of the smaller towns, and I know biking the canals is an option as well.
Will we be foolishly limiting ourselves by not renting a car, or is it possible to do some wine tasting and exploring of interesting villages and sights without one?
Thanks in advance.
Burgundy without a car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam to Brussels train connection question
- 2 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 3 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 4 men's shoes spain
- 5 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 6 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 7 Unique Venice Activity
- 8 Traveling in France by train
- 9 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 10 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 11 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 12 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 13 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 14 London visit
- 15 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 16 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 17 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 18 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 19 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 20 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 21 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 22 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 23 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 24 Camper Rental in Iceland
- 25 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?