We are planning about 4 days in Burgundy in June on the way from Provence to Alsace. We will take the train from Avignon to Lyon, and we're planning something like: 1 night in Lyon, 1-2 nights in Beaune, and 1-2 nights in Dijon.
From Beaune and Dijon, is it possible to explore the surrounding area without a car? It appears that there are regular trains to many of the smaller towns, and I know biking the canals is an option as well.
Will we be foolishly limiting ourselves by not renting a car, or is it possible to do some wine tasting and exploring of interesting villages and sights without one?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 2 Paris with Layover in Munich. Can we leave the airport?
- 3 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 4 Andalucia in December
- 5 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?
- 6 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 7 Will you skip Vienna for other city?
- 8 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 9 Vienna or Budapest?
- 10 Rome to Florence Road Trip, Vineyard Recommendations
- 11 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 12 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 13 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 14 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 15 Budapest Hotels
- 16 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 17 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 18 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 19 London's Must Sights!
- 20 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 21 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 22 First Time Solo Travel info
- 23 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 24 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 25 Lake Garda, Where to stay