I have some free airline passes and want to use them before they expire! So, I have been researching Bulgaria via Yahoo! Travel and Fodor’s and have some questions. Mostly, I am looking for opinions. (1) Is Bansko more of a sightseeing/architecture-based town or is it mainly a mountain resort with nature-oriented highlights? From a sightseeing and architectural perspective, do you think (2) Nesebâr, (3) Rousse, (4) Sozopol, (5) Tryavna and/or (6) Varna are among Bulgaria’s more beautiful and popular destinations? I think I am sold on the idea of visiting Koprivshtitsa, Plovdiv and Veliko Tarnovo, but these 6 places mentioned I am still unsure about. Lastly, (7) of all the destinations I have listed in this email, which place(s) are closest to Rila Monastery and how many kilometers are we talking about?
Bulgarian Travel: I Need Opinions and Input
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 2 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 3 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 4 Estonia Amber
- 5 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 6 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 7 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 8 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 9 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 10 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 11 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 12 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 13 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 14 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 15 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 16 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 17 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 18 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 19 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 20 9 days in turkey
- 21 Burg Eltz
- 22 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 23 Germany-berlin marathon
- 24 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 25 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions