It's been a bit since I've posted but the cold weather looming has got me daydreaming of an excursion. I apologize if this topic is redundant but I seek genuine advice.
I have been planning a 5-8 week backpacking trip and while I have some broad strokes of my plans I feel as though I need to start aiming for a budget so I can see how soon I can project to be commencing my travels.
Length: The length of the trip for purposes of this thread is 6 weeks. It may be a little shorter or longer all said in done by I think 6 weeks is a great gauge to start.
Where: Spain > France > Italy. Very loose but definitely need to hit Madrid, Sevilla, Granada, Burgundy (Day in Dijon), Venice and somewhere in southern Italy (Sicily/Calabria)
[Flight: Probably fly into Madrid and out of a big airport in Italy (i.e. Milan) this is coming from Boston or Philadelphia (whichever is cheaper)]
Accommodations: Mostly hostels. I'm 24 and love to just get around to places, meet new people and live as freely on a budget as possible. When I lived in Europe, essentially all of my trips' lodging involved hostels. I'll probably spend a night or two in a moderate level of hotel just for kicks
Other details: Trip will involve mostly bigger city visits for 3-4 days with small town day trips sprinkled in, a couple of vineyard trips (Hoping for Burgundy and Piemonte) Don't plan on spending very much of souvenirs and am deciding between train passes (Eurail has a discount for the 3 country pass) and discount air like RyanAir. Eating would be on the lower end with a couple of splurge meals per week since I am a bit of foodie and wine geek. Some of the trip would be broken into doing outdoor activities with little cost and perhaps a bit of camping since I'm an outdoors guy
So with this is in mind what type of budget do you think I should target for. I'm counting around 900 for flights (Looking to leave around mid-February/Early- March). If anyone knows a good resource for planning a budget like this that would be very helpful.
Thank you all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 라이브카지노∫＼「⊣ ＡＢＳ２３６.CｏM ⊣」＼∫슈퍼카지노
- 2 5분키노☛✗【 KIA709。ZZ。AM 】✗☚5분키노5분키노
- 3 생중계카지노노→æ／／[ ＡＢＳ２３６.CｏM ]／／æ←슈퍼카지노
- 4 윈라스베이거스☛✖【 KIA709。ZZ。AM 】✖☚윈라스베이거스윈라스베이거스
- 5 생중계카지노∫＼「⊣ ＡＢＳ２３６.CｏM ⊣」＼∫슈퍼카지노
- 6 와와카지노노→æ／／[ ＡＢＳ２３６.CｏM ]／／æ←슈퍼카지노
- 7 와와카지노∫＼「⊣ ＡＢＳ２３６.CｏM ⊣」＼∫슈퍼카지노
- 8 경륜분석☛✕【 KIA709。ZZ。AM 】✕☚경륜분석경륜분석
- 9 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 10 Perugia
- 11 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 12 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 13 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 14 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 15 Areas in Milan
- 16 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 17 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 18 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 19 Ireland itinerary help please
- 20 No Periods in British Written English!
- 21 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 22 CDG much improved
- 23 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 24 St Denis Cathedral
- 25 A few days in Naples - what a great city