Ciao da Oregon, USA,
We are planning a trip to Rome, Venice, Florence and Sorrento in Sept/Oct 2010. I'm trying to work on our budget. I've read in a few places that a *BUDGET* meal in Venice will cost 40 euros!!!! Is that right? If so, we are going to be eating soup in our apartment, lol. Or bread, cheese, meat and vino. Which is fine.
If true about Venice, how do Rome, Florence and Sorrento rate against that? Should we also expect meals to be that expensive?
I don't think we care that it is the most wonderful, full-course meal....just trying to get a grip on what a typical *budget* meal might cost overall. We'll throw in a few high-end dinners as treats, but need to go as inexpensively as possible for the majority of our meals. Breakfast is provided at our accommodations.
On a similar note...and I'm sorry if this sounds ignorant... when we do go into a regular restaurant, do we have the option of only ordering the appetizer, etc.? Or do you have to order the entire full-course meal? Is it rude for two people to split a meal? I don't want to come across as one of THOSE *tourists* and offend anyone.
Thanks so much; this board has been extremely helpful. I'm actually creating booklets for each of my trips' parties containing the tips and info that I've gained from all of you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 2 Italy for New Year's
- 3 What am I doing wrong?
- 4 17 Days Honeymoon in Italy and France
- 5 First Time in France--Paris and Burgundy
- 6 Germany at Christmas
- 7 where do you look when you're trying to book a villa last minute?
- 8 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 9 Any Glasgow Experts?
- 10 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 11 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 12 Southern Spain - itinerary suggestions?
- 13 British Airways, anyone?
- 14 Hotel Lorelei et Londres, Sorrento. Whatever happened to it?
- 15 Portugal Itinerary - any advice?
- 16 Mirrors?
- 17 Scotland to Northern Ireland and then back to Scotland. Tips?
- 18 SIM card in Dublin Airport
- 19 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 20 Questions about Flamenco in Madrid
- 21 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 22 watching Comcast Xfinity on my computer in Sicily
- 23 Leaving for Tuscany in 3 weeks!
- 24 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 25 2 weeks in France next May
Ciao da Oregon, USA,