Ciao da Oregon, USA,
We are planning a trip to Rome, Venice, Florence and Sorrento in Sept/Oct 2010. I'm trying to work on our budget. I've read in a few places that a *BUDGET* meal in Venice will cost 40 euros!!!! Is that right? If so, we are going to be eating soup in our apartment, lol. Or bread, cheese, meat and vino. Which is fine.
If true about Venice, how do Rome, Florence and Sorrento rate against that? Should we also expect meals to be that expensive?
I don't think we care that it is the most wonderful, full-course meal....just trying to get a grip on what a typical *budget* meal might cost overall. We'll throw in a few high-end dinners as treats, but need to go as inexpensively as possible for the majority of our meals. Breakfast is provided at our accommodations.
On a similar note...and I'm sorry if this sounds ignorant... when we do go into a regular restaurant, do we have the option of only ordering the appetizer, etc.? Or do you have to order the entire full-course meal? Is it rude for two people to split a meal? I don't want to come across as one of THOSE *tourists* and offend anyone.
Thanks so much; this board has been extremely helpful. I'm actually creating booklets for each of my trips' parties containing the tips and info that I've gained from all of you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 2 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 3 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 4 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 5 Walking GPS?
- 6 One Way... trust or bust?
- 7 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 8 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 9 Cost of Van from CDG
- 10 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 11 Croatian islands
- 12 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 13 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 14 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 15 Fake police scam in Budapest
- 16 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 17 After Mass, on a Sunday, in Rome
- 18 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 19 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 20 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 21 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 22 July 2-5, 2012 Int'l Philosphy Conference at Assos, Turkey (near Troy)
- 23 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 24 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 25 When to Arrive At The Airport
Ciao da Oregon, USA,