Ciao da Oregon, USA,
We are planning a trip to Rome, Venice, Florence and Sorrento in Sept/Oct 2010. I'm trying to work on our budget. I've read in a few places that a *BUDGET* meal in Venice will cost 40 euros!!!! Is that right? If so, we are going to be eating soup in our apartment, lol. Or bread, cheese, meat and vino. Which is fine.
If true about Venice, how do Rome, Florence and Sorrento rate against that? Should we also expect meals to be that expensive?
I don't think we care that it is the most wonderful, full-course meal....just trying to get a grip on what a typical *budget* meal might cost overall. We'll throw in a few high-end dinners as treats, but need to go as inexpensively as possible for the majority of our meals. Breakfast is provided at our accommodations.
On a similar note...and I'm sorry if this sounds ignorant... when we do go into a regular restaurant, do we have the option of only ordering the appetizer, etc.? Or do you have to order the entire full-course meal? Is it rude for two people to split a meal? I don't want to come across as one of THOSE *tourists* and offend anyone.
Thanks so much; this board has been extremely helpful. I'm actually creating booklets for each of my trips' parties containing the tips and info that I've gained from all of you!
Budgeting for meals in Italy
Ciao da Oregon, USA,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Breakfast in Tuscany - any options other than pastry & coffee?
- 2 London and Paris Feb 2015
- 3 Paris on Palm Sunday and Easter
- 4 What do you think of this itinerary?
- 5 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 6 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 7 Baden Wurttembeg for 2 weeks or 1 week?
- 8 Aerofloat-safe or not?
- 9 buying souviners and art
- 10 New Chip and Pin Card from American Airlines
- 11 Tax refund in France
- 12 4 week itinerary for German - France - Italy ...too much?
- 13 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 14 Hotel Royal St Honore - Paris in August
- 15 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 16 Two days in Dublin
- 17 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 18 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 19 Norway in June with parents.
- 20 Luxury romantic hotel to stay in Sardinia?
- 21 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 22 Positano in high season???
- 23 Cinque Terre and Côte d'Azur
- 24 Iceland trip...need some feedback please!
- 25 London Half-Term City Break