Ciao da Oregon, USA,
We are planning a trip to Rome, Venice, Florence and Sorrento in Sept/Oct 2010. I'm trying to work on our budget. I've read in a few places that a *BUDGET* meal in Venice will cost 40 euros!!!! Is that right? If so, we are going to be eating soup in our apartment, lol. Or bread, cheese, meat and vino. Which is fine.
If true about Venice, how do Rome, Florence and Sorrento rate against that? Should we also expect meals to be that expensive?
I don't think we care that it is the most wonderful, full-course meal....just trying to get a grip on what a typical *budget* meal might cost overall. We'll throw in a few high-end dinners as treats, but need to go as inexpensively as possible for the majority of our meals. Breakfast is provided at our accommodations.
On a similar note...and I'm sorry if this sounds ignorant... when we do go into a regular restaurant, do we have the option of only ordering the appetizer, etc.? Or do you have to order the entire full-course meal? Is it rude for two people to split a meal? I don't want to come across as one of THOSE *tourists* and offend anyone.
Thanks so much; this board has been extremely helpful. I'm actually creating booklets for each of my trips' parties containing the tips and info that I've gained from all of you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 2 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 5 Italy Car Scam
- 6 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 7 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Driving through Paris
- 10 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Road trip with our dog
- 13 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 14 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 15 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 18 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 19 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 20 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 21 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 22 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 23 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 24 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 25 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
Ciao da Oregon, USA,