Ciao da Oregon, USA,
We are planning a trip to Rome, Venice, Florence and Sorrento in Sept/Oct 2010. I'm trying to work on our budget. I've read in a few places that a *BUDGET* meal in Venice will cost 40 euros!!!! Is that right? If so, we are going to be eating soup in our apartment, lol. Or bread, cheese, meat and vino. Which is fine.
If true about Venice, how do Rome, Florence and Sorrento rate against that? Should we also expect meals to be that expensive?
I don't think we care that it is the most wonderful, full-course meal....just trying to get a grip on what a typical *budget* meal might cost overall. We'll throw in a few high-end dinners as treats, but need to go as inexpensively as possible for the majority of our meals. Breakfast is provided at our accommodations.
On a similar note...and I'm sorry if this sounds ignorant... when we do go into a regular restaurant, do we have the option of only ordering the appetizer, etc.? Or do you have to order the entire full-course meal? Is it rude for two people to split a meal? I don't want to come across as one of THOSE *tourists* and offend anyone.
Thanks so much; this board has been extremely helpful. I'm actually creating booklets for each of my trips' parties containing the tips and info that I've gained from all of you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 2 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 3 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 4 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 5 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 6 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 7 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 8 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 9 Italy in January?
- 10 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 11 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 12 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 13 Happy birthday ATM
- 14 Trouble Getting from Tours to Orly
- 15 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 16 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 17 2 days in Lugano area
- 18 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 19 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 20 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 21 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 24 Berlin to ?
- 25 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
Ciao da Oregon, USA,