My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Strasbourg France for summer of 2016. We plan on renting an apartment for 10 weeks and then taking about five mini trips during that time. We plan to go to Amsterdam, Italy, Germany, and two other cities in France. My question is how much should we expect to spend in that time? We have a kitchen in our apartment so we plan to cook for ourselves when we can. Assuming we want to eat out 4-5 times per week and also do touristy things, how much should we expect to spend per person or week? Is $5000 doable (not including the Strasbourg apartment or airfare).
Also, neither of us has ever been out of the country. Do you think this type of self planned trip would just be too much for young first-time travelers? Thanks so much for all of your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 2 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 3 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 4 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 5 Praiano
- 6 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 9 Ireland itinerary help please
- 10 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 11 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 12 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 13 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 14 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 15 Canal du Midi
- 16 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 17 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 18 Mini trip report - a week in London
- 19 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 20 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 21 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 22 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 23 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 24 Driving from Rennes to Geneva
- 25 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London