My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Strasbourg France for summer of 2016. We plan on renting an apartment for 10 weeks and then taking about five mini trips during that time. We plan to go to Amsterdam, Italy, Germany, and two other cities in France. My question is how much should we expect to spend in that time? We have a kitchen in our apartment so we plan to cook for ourselves when we can. Assuming we want to eat out 4-5 times per week and also do touristy things, how much should we expect to spend per person or week? Is $5000 doable (not including the Strasbourg apartment or airfare).
Also, neither of us has ever been out of the country. Do you think this type of self planned trip would just be too much for young first-time travelers? Thanks so much for all of your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 2 tickets for Wimbledon
- 3 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 4 retruning to US with souveniers
- 5 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 6 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 7 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 8 Italy in January?
- 9 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 10 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 11 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 12 Iceland rental camper company
- 13 BELLSOUTH Password Reset CONTACT ☎1: 800:681:7208 BELLSOUTH Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 14 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 15 Iceland car rental agencies
- 16 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 17 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 18 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 19 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 20 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 10 days in London in early December
- 23 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 24 Berlin to ?
- 25 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France