My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Strasbourg France for summer of 2016. We plan on renting an apartment for 10 weeks and then taking about five mini trips during that time. We plan to go to Amsterdam, Italy, Germany, and two other cities in France. My question is how much should we expect to spend in that time? We have a kitchen in our apartment so we plan to cook for ourselves when we can. Assuming we want to eat out 4-5 times per week and also do touristy things, how much should we expect to spend per person or week? Is $5000 doable (not including the Strasbourg apartment or airfare).
Also, neither of us has ever been out of the country. Do you think this type of self planned trip would just be too much for young first-time travelers? Thanks so much for all of your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 2 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 5 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 6 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 7 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 8 Zurich to Milan trip
- 9 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 10 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 11 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 12 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 13 Spanish Medical Providers
- 14 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 15 San Sebastián
- 16 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 19 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 20 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 21 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 22 Planning A trip
- 23 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 24 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 25 Ireland with 2 young kids