My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Strasbourg France for summer of 2016. We plan on renting an apartment for 10 weeks and then taking about five mini trips during that time. We plan to go to Amsterdam, Italy, Germany, and two other cities in France. My question is how much should we expect to spend in that time? We have a kitchen in our apartment so we plan to cook for ourselves when we can. Assuming we want to eat out 4-5 times per week and also do touristy things, how much should we expect to spend per person or week? Is $5000 doable (not including the Strasbourg apartment or airfare).
Also, neither of us has ever been out of the country. Do you think this type of self planned trip would just be too much for young first-time travelers? Thanks so much for all of your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Itinerary - 4.5 days
- 2 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 3 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 4 Turin Hotels - Current Offerings
- 5 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 6 Madeira-anyone been recently?
- 7 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 8 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 9 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 10 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 11 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 12 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 13 First Trip to Ireland
- 14 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 15 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 16 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 17 Laokasti Villa in Oia
- 18 Athens multi site pass
- 19 London best location
- 20 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 21 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 22 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 23 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 24 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 25 Best GBP 250 Per Night London Hotel