My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Strasbourg France for summer of 2016. We plan on renting an apartment for 10 weeks and then taking about five mini trips during that time. We plan to go to Amsterdam, Italy, Germany, and two other cities in France. My question is how much should we expect to spend in that time? We have a kitchen in our apartment so we plan to cook for ourselves when we can. Assuming we want to eat out 4-5 times per week and also do touristy things, how much should we expect to spend per person or week? Is $5000 doable (not including the Strasbourg apartment or airfare).
Also, neither of us has ever been out of the country. Do you think this type of self planned trip would just be too much for young first-time travelers? Thanks so much for all of your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 So much to do, so little time!
- 2 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 3 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 4 French restaurants
- 5 Driving in Italy?
- 6 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 7 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 8 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 9 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 10 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 11 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 12 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 13 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 14 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 15 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 16 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 17 Shoes in Scotland
- 18 Engadine Valley help
- 19 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 20 Naples, Italy
- 21 Ireland in April
- 22 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 23 Tuscany 6 nights
- 24 Ireland travel passport question
- 25 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?