I will be going for a 4 week solo Europe trip (female in mid 20s) and planning to spend a week in Switzerland in June. My Itinerary had my base in Switzerland as Montreux, Wengen and then moving on to Lucerne. Problem is - I am on a budget!! And it seems like there are no hostels or cheap accommodations in this area. Can anyone please help me? Below is my current itinerary and I am looking to spend less than $100 US Dollars a night in both Montreux and Lucerne. Is this even feasible? I am perfectly fine with B&Bs or youth hostels, I just need a place to sleep. Youth hostel in Montreux is sold out for my dates. I am willing to spend on a good accommodation in Wengen. If I cannot find a budget accommodation, then I have to change my base to Geneva (for Montreux) and to Zurich (for Lucerne) .
Day 1: Leave from Paris to Geneva, non-stop train takes 4 hours. Depart for Montreux right away and explore the city, hotel in Montreux
Day 2: Explore Montreux and a trip to Chillion and Vevey vineyards, hotel in montreux
Day 3: Take the golden pass train from Montreux to Interlaken and then get to Wengen, stay in Wengen
Day 4: Mannlichen to Kleinee Schidegg (KS) hike and go up to Jungfrau, stay in wengen
Day 5: Hike to Murren and Schilthorn or decide to spend time in Gimmelwald if the weather is bad, stay in wengen
Day 6: Get to Lucerne via golden pass train and spend the day exploring the lake, hotel in Lucerne
Day 7: More time in Lucerne and Weggis (option is Mt Pilatus via the lake steamers and cogwheels), hotel in Lucerne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT Tec*h care 24/7??
- 2 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 3 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 6 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Italy Car Scam
- 9 God Save the Queen?
- 10 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 11 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 12 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 13 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 14 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 15 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Paris to Italy
- 18 9 Days in Spain
- 19 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 20 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 23 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 24 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 25 Iceland