I will be going for a 4 week solo Europe trip (female in mid 20s) and planning to spend a week in Switzerland in June. My Itinerary had my base in Switzerland as Montreux, Wengen and then moving on to Lucerne. Problem is - I am on a budget!! And it seems like there are no hostels or cheap accommodations in this area. Can anyone please help me? Below is my current itinerary and I am looking to spend less than $100 US Dollars a night in both Montreux and Lucerne. Is this even feasible? I am perfectly fine with B&Bs or youth hostels, I just need a place to sleep. Youth hostel in Montreux is sold out for my dates. I am willing to spend on a good accommodation in Wengen. If I cannot find a budget accommodation, then I have to change my base to Geneva (for Montreux) and to Zurich (for Lucerne) .
Day 1: Leave from Paris to Geneva, non-stop train takes 4 hours. Depart for Montreux right away and explore the city, hotel in Montreux
Day 2: Explore Montreux and a trip to Chillion and Vevey vineyards, hotel in montreux
Day 3: Take the golden pass train from Montreux to Interlaken and then get to Wengen, stay in Wengen
Day 4: Mannlichen to Kleinee Schidegg (KS) hike and go up to Jungfrau, stay in wengen
Day 5: Hike to Murren and Schilthorn or decide to spend time in Gimmelwald if the weather is bad, stay in wengen
Day 6: Get to Lucerne via golden pass train and spend the day exploring the lake, hotel in Lucerne
Day 7: More time in Lucerne and Weggis (option is Mt Pilatus via the lake steamers and cogwheels), hotel in Lucerne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 2 Murren to Prague
- 3 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 4 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 5 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 6 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 7 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 8 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 9 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 10 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 11 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 12 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 13 Le Marche Research Help
- 14 Firt time VISA applicant
- 15 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 16 Need Information about French Alps
- 17 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 18 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 19 France Itinerary Advice
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 22 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 23 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 24 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 25 DECORATED FARMHOUSES OF HÄLSINGLAND IN SWEDEN