I will be going for a 4 week solo Europe trip (female in mid 20s) and planning to spend a week in Switzerland in June. My Itinerary had my base in Switzerland as Montreux, Wengen and then moving on to Lucerne. Problem is - I am on a budget!! And it seems like there are no hostels or cheap accommodations in this area. Can anyone please help me? Below is my current itinerary and I am looking to spend less than $100 US Dollars a night in both Montreux and Lucerne. Is this even feasible? I am perfectly fine with B&Bs or youth hostels, I just need a place to sleep. Youth hostel in Montreux is sold out for my dates. I am willing to spend on a good accommodation in Wengen. If I cannot find a budget accommodation, then I have to change my base to Geneva (for Montreux) and to Zurich (for Lucerne) .
Day 1: Leave from Paris to Geneva, non-stop train takes 4 hours. Depart for Montreux right away and explore the city, hotel in Montreux
Day 2: Explore Montreux and a trip to Chillion and Vevey vineyards, hotel in montreux
Day 3: Take the golden pass train from Montreux to Interlaken and then get to Wengen, stay in Wengen
Day 4: Mannlichen to Kleinee Schidegg (KS) hike and go up to Jungfrau, stay in wengen
Day 5: Hike to Murren and Schilthorn or decide to spend time in Gimmelwald if the weather is bad, stay in wengen
Day 6: Get to Lucerne via golden pass train and spend the day exploring the lake, hotel in Lucerne
Day 7: More time in Lucerne and Weggis (option is Mt Pilatus via the lake steamers and cogwheels), hotel in Lucerne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 2 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 3 Married couple first time to Europe, 4 cities over 2 weeks, questions.
- 4 Which city order makes most sense?
- 5 Tuscany car rental and accommodations
- 6 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 7 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 8 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 9 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 10 Valencia, Spain
- 11 Restaurants in Spain
- 12 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 13 Best Scenic Route -Vienna to St Wolfgang
- 14 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 15 credit and debit cards
- 16 Transportation Question Italy
- 17 Help with basic itinerary
- 18 Short Trip to Paris
- 19 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 20 Greece and Italy Combo
- 21 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 22 Final Four
- 23 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 24 Where are the Mods?
- 25 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area