I will be going for a 4 week solo Europe trip (female in mid 20s) and planning to spend a week in Switzerland in June. My Itinerary had my base in Switzerland as Montreux, Wengen and then moving on to Lucerne. Problem is - I am on a budget!! And it seems like there are no hostels or cheap accommodations in this area. Can anyone please help me? Below is my current itinerary and I am looking to spend less than $100 US Dollars a night in both Montreux and Lucerne. Is this even feasible? I am perfectly fine with B&Bs or youth hostels, I just need a place to sleep. Youth hostel in Montreux is sold out for my dates. I am willing to spend on a good accommodation in Wengen. If I cannot find a budget accommodation, then I have to change my base to Geneva (for Montreux) and to Zurich (for Lucerne) .
Day 1: Leave from Paris to Geneva, non-stop train takes 4 hours. Depart for Montreux right away and explore the city, hotel in Montreux
Day 2: Explore Montreux and a trip to Chillion and Vevey vineyards, hotel in montreux
Day 3: Take the golden pass train from Montreux to Interlaken and then get to Wengen, stay in Wengen
Day 4: Mannlichen to Kleinee Schidegg (KS) hike and go up to Jungfrau, stay in wengen
Day 5: Hike to Murren and Schilthorn or decide to spend time in Gimmelwald if the weather is bad, stay in wengen
Day 6: Get to Lucerne via golden pass train and spend the day exploring the lake, hotel in Lucerne
Day 7: More time in Lucerne and Weggis (option is Mt Pilatus via the lake steamers and cogwheels), hotel in Lucerne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 PANDA@ ANTIVIRUS Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 3 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 4 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 5 Scotland
- 6 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 7 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 8 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 9 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 10 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 11 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 12 Maximizing Norway time
- 13 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 14 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 15 Studying art in English in venice
- 16 Berlin to ?
- 17 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 18 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 19 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 20 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 21 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 25 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa