The city of Budapest was on our short list for quite a while, and it did not disappoint us.
DD1, a teenager, came back with an idea of taking her friends to Budapest for a few days - I believe it is a big compliment coming from her! DD2 loved Thermal baths, Great Synagogue (she kept asking, how come we do not have such a beautiful synagogue near us?), and ... ballet.: we got lucky and saw an amazing performance of "Swan Lake" at Opera house.
Here a promised report of our visit to Budapest.
Thank you for reading!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 2 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 3 Trip to London with side trip to Wales/daytrip?
- 4 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 5 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 6 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 7 Cost of Van from CDG
- 8 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 9 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 10 German Train travel
- 11 Barcelona on budget
- 12 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 13 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 14 Cheese Tours in Italy
- 15 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 16 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 17 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 18 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 19 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 20 New Dublin Museum
- 21 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 22 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 23 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 24 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 25 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
Budapest: who knew that kids are big fan of baths and ballet?!