My wife and myself have been going back and forth on how to do this trip. The following itinerary would have us renting a car when we leave Budapest and returning the car to Budapest at the end of the trip. It saves us $430 to fly into and out of Budapest as opposed to flying into Budapest and out of Prague. We have 10 days excluding our arrival day and our departure day. I am going to research this, but I wanted some feedback on how easy it would be to find lodging in Vienna and Prague with parking. I would define us as superficial travelers and do not stay in a place as long as others on the travel sites.
Arrv Budapest 3 nights
Road trip starts –
See three towns along the Danube bend
Next stop Melk in Austria
Next stop Vienna
Cesky Krumlov (Czech republic)
Then back to Budapest
Budapest Vienna Prague
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Chip" Credit Cards in Italy
- 2 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 3 rail pass
- 4 anticipating Italian autostrada traffic in July to catch ferry
- 5 Switzerland Trip with Family
- 6 Dolce Far Niente....the sweetness of doing nothing (well almost) in Paris
- 7 Napoli Centrale: Luggage/Storage Lockers?
- 8 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 9 A guide to Madrid
- 10 UK and Belgium 20 days with 2 kids ( 6 years old and 7 years old girls)
- 11 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 12 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 13 What to see between Budapest and Salzburg
- 14 Renting an apt.
- 15 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 16 English Stately Homes and Castle
- 17 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 18 Comments on Iceland Itinerary Please
- 19 WiFi on trains
- 20 4 weeks by rail starting Rome
- 21 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 22 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 23 Germany for 3 weeks
- 24 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 25 Bayeux to Mt. St Micheal - Any interesting stops along the way?