My wife and myself have been going back and forth on how to do this trip. The following itinerary would have us renting a car when we leave Budapest and returning the car to Budapest at the end of the trip. It saves us $430 to fly into and out of Budapest as opposed to flying into Budapest and out of Prague. We have 10 days excluding our arrival day and our departure day. I am going to research this, but I wanted some feedback on how easy it would be to find lodging in Vienna and Prague with parking. I would define us as superficial travelers and do not stay in a place as long as others on the travel sites.
Arrv Budapest 3 nights
Road trip starts –
See three towns along the Danube bend
Next stop Melk in Austria
Next stop Vienna
Cesky Krumlov (Czech republic)
Then back to Budapest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 2 Lon term Car Hire Guide for Italy
- 3 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 4 Honeymoon - Spain & Greece
- 5 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 6 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 7 Public Transport information App/Website
- 8 London with kids
- 9 First Time Europe Trip
- 10 Spain, Madrid, 2 nights w/car
- 11 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 12 Luxury Apartment Rentals in Rome
- 13 Tenerife - Best attractions
- 14 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 15 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 16 Istanbul - FOOD!
- 17 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 18 Reading Recommendations Spain
- 19 Loans 15,000 kr. and you have them about 45. minutes
- 20 Croatia travel ideas
- 21 Vintage trip report: Greenland, 1995
- 22 River Boat Cruise
- 23 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 24 Hotel advice
- 25 Southern Spain or Sicily in early to mid March