My wife and myself have been going back and forth on how to do this trip. The following itinerary would have us renting a car when we leave Budapest and returning the car to Budapest at the end of the trip. It saves us $430 to fly into and out of Budapest as opposed to flying into Budapest and out of Prague. We have 10 days excluding our arrival day and our departure day. I am going to research this, but I wanted some feedback on how easy it would be to find lodging in Vienna and Prague with parking. I would define us as superficial travelers and do not stay in a place as long as others on the travel sites.
Arrv Budapest 3 nights
Road trip starts –
See three towns along the Danube bend
Next stop Melk in Austria
Next stop Vienna
Cesky Krumlov (Czech republic)
Then back to Budapest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ludwig Castles
- 2 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 3 Escorted Tours
- 4 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 5 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 6 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 7 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 8 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 9 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 10 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 11 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 12 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 13 2 Months in Sicily
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 What tips can you give about packing?
- 16 Le Marche, Italy
- 17 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 18 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 19 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 20 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 21 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 22 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 23 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 24 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 25 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?