I'm traveling to Europe for the first time next month! My wife and I don't have a lot of time left to prepare for the trip, so I need some advice from those in the know. Our first destination is Vienna, then on to Budapest. After our stay in Budapest, we are making our way to Venice. We'd like to do this leg in two days with a night stay-over along the way. However, I'm having no luck finding a good train route, and I'm not sure of any great towns or cities in which we can spend the night. We'd prefer not to go through Vienna again from Budapest, since we'll be heading back there to fly out. If possible, we'd like to take the most scenic route (obviously). Since it will really be two train rides, which of the two is the more scenic? Perhaps we can bump up to first class on that leg.
So, please help us find our way! Additionally, we could also use suggestions on the best route from Venice to Vienna. We'd most likely do that leg in one day.
Any advice about our travels would be quite welcome,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Underground between kings Cross and Waterloo Main Line Station
- 2 Where will Britain go?
- 3 Burkinis banned at French beaches
- 4 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 5 Barcelona completely overrated
- 6 Budapest on a budget
- 7 Vizeat -- Anybody tried it?
- 8 Where to stay in London
- 9 Small foodie tours in Bologna
- 10 suggestions needed: Seville--> Cadiz/Conil/...
- 11 Private Guide for Anhambra in Granada
- 12 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 13 Europe Destination with kids?
- 14 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 15 Puglia; hate to leave it but how to get back to Toronto
- 16 Medieval festival of Pierrefonds
- 17 3 weeks in France, solo and without a car: please advise!
- 18 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 19 Need help - Interlaken OR Zermatt / St.Martiz to spend time
- 20 Day trips on Irish Rail from Dublin?
- 21 4 days to explore, Vienna, Munich, or Berlin?
- 22 Italy Itinerary - Puglia, Rome and ?
- 23 Switzerland Trip with Toddler in October
- 24 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 25 Which order should I travel