I'm traveling to Europe for the first time next month! My wife and I don't have a lot of time left to prepare for the trip, so I need some advice from those in the know. Our first destination is Vienna, then on to Budapest. After our stay in Budapest, we are making our way to Venice. We'd like to do this leg in two days with a night stay-over along the way. However, I'm having no luck finding a good train route, and I'm not sure of any great towns or cities in which we can spend the night. We'd prefer not to go through Vienna again from Budapest, since we'll be heading back there to fly out. If possible, we'd like to take the most scenic route (obviously). Since it will really be two train rides, which of the two is the more scenic? Perhaps we can bump up to first class on that leg.
So, please help us find our way! Additionally, we could also use suggestions on the best route from Venice to Vienna. We'd most likely do that leg in one day.
Any advice about our travels would be quite welcome,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 2 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 3 First Time Europe Trip
- 4 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 5 Any suggestions yacht charter services?
- 6 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 7 Luxury Apartment Rentals in Rome
- 8 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 9 Crewed yacht charter: Mediterranean
- 10 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 11 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 12 Lon term Car Hire Guide for Italy
- 13 Loans 15,000 kr. and you have them about 45. minutes
- 14 It would appear that there are a considerable amount
- 15 Day River trips from Porto
- 16 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 17 London with kids
- 18 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 19 Istanbul - FOOD!
- 20 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 21 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 22 Honeymoon - Spain & Greece
- 23 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 24 Public Transport information App/Website
- 25 Spain, Madrid, 2 nights w/car