I'm traveling to Europe for the first time next month! My wife and I don't have a lot of time left to prepare for the trip, so I need some advice from those in the know. Our first destination is Vienna, then on to Budapest. After our stay in Budapest, we are making our way to Venice. We'd like to do this leg in two days with a night stay-over along the way. However, I'm having no luck finding a good train route, and I'm not sure of any great towns or cities in which we can spend the night. We'd prefer not to go through Vienna again from Budapest, since we'll be heading back there to fly out. If possible, we'd like to take the most scenic route (obviously). Since it will really be two train rides, which of the two is the more scenic? Perhaps we can bump up to first class on that leg.
So, please help us find our way! Additionally, we could also use suggestions on the best route from Venice to Vienna. We'd most likely do that leg in one day.
Any advice about our travels would be quite welcome,
Budapest to Venice in two days by train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 2 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 3 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 4 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 5 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 6 9 days in turkey
- 7 Burg Eltz
- 8 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 9 Germany-berlin marathon
- 10 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 11 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 12 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 13 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 14 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 15 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 16 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 17 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 18 itinerary help
- 19 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 20 Nice Video about Poland
- 21 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 22 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 23 Reims for a day
- 24 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 25 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?