I'm traveling to Europe for the first time next month! My wife and I don't have a lot of time left to prepare for the trip, so I need some advice from those in the know. Our first destination is Vienna, then on to Budapest. After our stay in Budapest, we are making our way to Venice. We'd like to do this leg in two days with a night stay-over along the way. However, I'm having no luck finding a good train route, and I'm not sure of any great towns or cities in which we can spend the night. We'd prefer not to go through Vienna again from Budapest, since we'll be heading back there to fly out. If possible, we'd like to take the most scenic route (obviously). Since it will really be two train rides, which of the two is the more scenic? Perhaps we can bump up to first class on that leg.
So, please help us find our way! Additionally, we could also use suggestions on the best route from Venice to Vienna. We'd most likely do that leg in one day.
Any advice about our travels would be quite welcome,
Budapest to Venice in two days by train?
- 1 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 2 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 3 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 4 Place to propose
- 5 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 6 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 7 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 8 From Bologna to Barcelona
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 British drivers
- 11 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 12 Budapest Vienna Munich - March 2014
- 13 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 14 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 15 Le Marche and Rome - Part 1
- 16 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 17 Nuremberg Christkindlsmarkt Opening 2013
- 18 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 19 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 20 Portugal in September
- 21 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 22 Prague to Dresen on the train
- 23 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 24 Can someone tell me about the area around Castelfiorentino?
- 25 Need help deciding - Italy or Spain in winter