I'm traveling to Europe for the first time next month! My wife and I don't have a lot of time left to prepare for the trip, so I need some advice from those in the know. Our first destination is Vienna, then on to Budapest. After our stay in Budapest, we are making our way to Venice. We'd like to do this leg in two days with a night stay-over along the way. However, I'm having no luck finding a good train route, and I'm not sure of any great towns or cities in which we can spend the night. We'd prefer not to go through Vienna again from Budapest, since we'll be heading back there to fly out. If possible, we'd like to take the most scenic route (obviously). Since it will really be two train rides, which of the two is the more scenic? Perhaps we can bump up to first class on that leg.
So, please help us find our way! Additionally, we could also use suggestions on the best route from Venice to Vienna. We'd most likely do that leg in one day.
Any advice about our travels would be quite welcome,
Budapest to Venice in two days by train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 2 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 3 what is the easiest way to get from Sorrento to the Rome airport
- 4 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 5 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 6 Amalfi Coast & Positano Tours for Single Traveler who doesn't drive
- 7 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 8 Wineries near Amalfi Coast?
- 9 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 10 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 11 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 12 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 13 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 14 Three ferries to Mull
- 15 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 16 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 17 Airport ATMs
- 18 American Express
- 19 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 20 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 21 MY OWN physique are not That attractive
- 22 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 23 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 24 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 25 Sono arrivato a Venezia