I'm traveling to Europe for the first time next month! My wife and I don't have a lot of time left to prepare for the trip, so I need some advice from those in the know. Our first destination is Vienna, then on to Budapest. After our stay in Budapest, we are making our way to Venice. We'd like to do this leg in two days with a night stay-over along the way. However, I'm having no luck finding a good train route, and I'm not sure of any great towns or cities in which we can spend the night. We'd prefer not to go through Vienna again from Budapest, since we'll be heading back there to fly out. If possible, we'd like to take the most scenic route (obviously). Since it will really be two train rides, which of the two is the more scenic? Perhaps we can bump up to first class on that leg.
So, please help us find our way! Additionally, we could also use suggestions on the best route from Venice to Vienna. We'd most likely do that leg in one day.
Any advice about our travels would be quite welcome,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What do after Bernia Express?
- 2 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 3 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 4 Santorini lodging
- 5 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 6 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 7 Self drive tour companies
- 8 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 9 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 10 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 11 Ischia
- 12 9 days in London
- 13 Germany family road trip help!
- 14 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 15 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 16 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 17 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 18 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 19 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 20 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 21 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 22 Lyon
- 23 Italian lakes
- 24 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 25 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY