I'm traveling to Europe for the first time next month! My wife and I don't have a lot of time left to prepare for the trip, so I need some advice from those in the know. Our first destination is Vienna, then on to Budapest. After our stay in Budapest, we are making our way to Venice. We'd like to do this leg in two days with a night stay-over along the way. However, I'm having no luck finding a good train route, and I'm not sure of any great towns or cities in which we can spend the night. We'd prefer not to go through Vienna again from Budapest, since we'll be heading back there to fly out. If possible, we'd like to take the most scenic route (obviously). Since it will really be two train rides, which of the two is the more scenic? Perhaps we can bump up to first class on that leg.
So, please help us find our way! Additionally, we could also use suggestions on the best route from Venice to Vienna. We'd most likely do that leg in one day.
Any advice about our travels would be quite welcome,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We're here!
- 2 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 3 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 7 Another tipping question: concierges
- 8 6-7 Days in France
- 9 International Flight Question
- 10 5 Days in Switzerland
- 11 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 12 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 15 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 16 Bremerhaven and environs
- 17 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 18 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 19 Spain in July
- 20 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 21 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 22 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 23 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 24 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 25 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help