I'm traveling to Europe for the first time next month! My wife and I don't have a lot of time left to prepare for the trip, so I need some advice from those in the know. Our first destination is Vienna, then on to Budapest. After our stay in Budapest, we are making our way to Venice. We'd like to do this leg in two days with a night stay-over along the way. However, I'm having no luck finding a good train route, and I'm not sure of any great towns or cities in which we can spend the night. We'd prefer not to go through Vienna again from Budapest, since we'll be heading back there to fly out. If possible, we'd like to take the most scenic route (obviously). Since it will really be two train rides, which of the two is the more scenic? Perhaps we can bump up to first class on that leg.
So, please help us find our way! Additionally, we could also use suggestions on the best route from Venice to Vienna. We'd most likely do that leg in one day.
Any advice about our travels would be quite welcome,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 2 http://www.drhelpnutrition.org/biogenxt/
- 3 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 4 France Study Abroad
- 5 London is it worth it?
- 6 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 7 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 8 free international phone calls
- 9 Taxi from Heathrow Airport
- 10 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 11 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 12 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 13 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 14 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 15 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 16 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 17 London 6 day itinerary
- 18 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 19 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 20 International drivers permit
- 21 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 22 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 23 Paris and Normandy
- 24 Sicily Beach Resort
- 25 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy