I'm traveling to Europe for the first time next month! My wife and I don't have a lot of time left to prepare for the trip, so I need some advice from those in the know. Our first destination is Vienna, then on to Budapest. After our stay in Budapest, we are making our way to Venice. We'd like to do this leg in two days with a night stay-over along the way. However, I'm having no luck finding a good train route, and I'm not sure of any great towns or cities in which we can spend the night. We'd prefer not to go through Vienna again from Budapest, since we'll be heading back there to fly out. If possible, we'd like to take the most scenic route (obviously). Since it will really be two train rides, which of the two is the more scenic? Perhaps we can bump up to first class on that leg.
So, please help us find our way! Additionally, we could also use suggestions on the best route from Venice to Vienna. We'd most likely do that leg in one day.
Any advice about our travels would be quite welcome,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland Trip
- 2 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 3 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 4 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 5 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 6 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 7 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 8 Montenegro in September
- 9 3 week stay in Scotland
- 10 Paris, France
- 11 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 12 sfo to europe
- 13 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 14 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 15 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 16 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 17 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 18 What one thing in Paris?
- 19 Suggestions for base in the Var
- 20 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 21 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 22 Rue des Rosiers
- 23 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 24 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 25 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?