I'm traveling to Europe for the first time next month! My wife and I don't have a lot of time left to prepare for the trip, so I need some advice from those in the know. Our first destination is Vienna, then on to Budapest. After our stay in Budapest, we are making our way to Venice. We'd like to do this leg in two days with a night stay-over along the way. However, I'm having no luck finding a good train route, and I'm not sure of any great towns or cities in which we can spend the night. We'd prefer not to go through Vienna again from Budapest, since we'll be heading back there to fly out. If possible, we'd like to take the most scenic route (obviously). Since it will really be two train rides, which of the two is the more scenic? Perhaps we can bump up to first class on that leg.
So, please help us find our way! Additionally, we could also use suggestions on the best route from Venice to Vienna. We'd most likely do that leg in one day.
Any advice about our travels would be quite welcome,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 2 All of Spain or something else..?
- 3 Madrid city centre?
- 4 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 5 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 6 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 7 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 8 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 9 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 10 Italy emergency numbers, which one
- 11 gare de nord
- 12 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 13 BIKE AND BARGE
- 14 Flight from Athens to Turkey
- 15 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 16 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 17 London - Home Depot
- 18 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 19 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 20 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 21 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 22 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 23 Enjoying England for a year!
- 24 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 25 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau