I will be traveling from Budapest Keleti to Krakow Glowny via overnight train on September 7. From review of bahh.de, raileurope.com and related, there is a direct connect departing at 19:58 and arriving at 6:24. I want to travel first class and have a shared sleeper compartment.
Rail Europe offers their ticket for $172US (including reservation). I know if I purchase ahead of time from the States that I’ll be paying a higher percentage and so forth.
Does anyone know what the price difference will be if purchased in person a day or two before in Budapest? Is it worth the chance? This is the only time allotted to travel given my schedule ( ei - I have to make that time).
Thank you all and please enlighten this new traveler.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning stages of trip to Andalusia
- 2 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 3 First time in France
- 4 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 5 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 6 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 7 Vienna or Budapest?
- 8 Rome
- 9 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 10 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 11 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 12 Munich
- 13 Need help in travel planning
- 14 Paris---baguette question???
- 15 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 16 Portugal itinerary help
- 17 Puglia or La Langhe
- 18 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 19 Booking hotels before trains
- 20 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 21 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 22 Visiting Spain in January
- 23 Italy/Greece with kids
- 24 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 25 English Countryside