I will be traveling from Budapest Keleti to Krakow Glowny via overnight train on September 7. From review of bahh.de, raileurope.com and related, there is a direct connect departing at 19:58 and arriving at 6:24. I want to travel first class and have a shared sleeper compartment.
Rail Europe offers their ticket for $172US (including reservation). I know if I purchase ahead of time from the States that I’ll be paying a higher percentage and so forth.
Does anyone know what the price difference will be if purchased in person a day or two before in Budapest? Is it worth the chance? This is the only time allotted to travel given my schedule ( ei - I have to make that time).
Thank you all and please enlighten this new traveler.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 2 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 3 We're here!
- 4 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 5 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 6 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 7 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 8 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 11 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 12 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 13 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 14 International Flight Question
- 15 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 16 Interesting places to visit
- 17 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 18 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 19 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 20 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 21 Budapest in December 2017
- 22 Petrol in Greece
- 23 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?