I will be traveling from Budapest Keleti to Krakow Glowny via overnight train on September 7. From review of bahh.de, raileurope.com and related, there is a direct connect departing at 19:58 and arriving at 6:24. I want to travel first class and have a shared sleeper compartment.
Rail Europe offers their ticket for $172US (including reservation). I know if I purchase ahead of time from the States that I’ll be paying a higher percentage and so forth.
Does anyone know what the price difference will be if purchased in person a day or two before in Budapest? Is it worth the chance? This is the only time allotted to travel given my schedule ( ei - I have to make that time).
Thank you all and please enlighten this new traveler.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 I'm 18. Am I too young to backpack through Europe?
- 4 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 5 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 6 Spain in November
- 7 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 8 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 9 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 10 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 11 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 12 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 13 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 14 Italian coastal area Genoa and south--low key, active, scenic
- 15 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 16 Driving from Barcelona to Faro, Portugal
- 17 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 18 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 19 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 20 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 21 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 22 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 23 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 24 Night Bus?
- 25 Reading for Italy, Adventures Abroad