I will be traveling from Budapest Keleti to Krakow Glowny via overnight train on September 7. From review of bahh.de, raileurope.com and related, there is a direct connect departing at 19:58 and arriving at 6:24. I want to travel first class and have a shared sleeper compartment.
Rail Europe offers their ticket for $172US (including reservation). I know if I purchase ahead of time from the States that I’ll be paying a higher percentage and so forth.
Does anyone know what the price difference will be if purchased in person a day or two before in Budapest? Is it worth the chance? This is the only time allotted to travel given my schedule ( ei - I have to make that time).
Thank you all and please enlighten this new traveler.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Athens Help
- 3 Safety in Rome
- 4 Uber vs. TfL
- 5 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 6 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 7 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 8 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 9 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 10 Apartment Montreux area
- 11 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 12 Crete Holiday
- 13 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 14 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 15 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 16 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 17 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 18 Greek Village
- 19 One free day in Barcelona
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 22 base in brussels
- 23 Rome or Venice first
- 24 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 25 Berlin