My husband and I are planning our first visit to Europe. We are in our late 20s. Our interests would be exploring the night life, and looking at beautiful places and getting a good "feel" of the city. We are not much into history,art and culture(though we wouldn't mind visiting a museum or two).
We had earlier planned Budapest-Vienna-Prague. But I wasn't too keen on Vienna-I would like to replace it with Berlin. I think it would be nice to visit a modern German city after Budapest and Prague.
Below is the tentative itenerary that I've been working on. Since this is our first trip to Europe, I'd love to have a few pointers on whether it is do-able and what we should change. Also any suggestions on the must visits?
Day 1: Arrive in Budapest (land at around 12 in the afternoon)
Day 2: Budapest
Day 3: Budapest. Catch the overnight train to Prague
Day 4: Prague
Day 5: Prague
Day 6: Prague
Day 7: Prague to Berlin morning train
Day 8: Berlin
Day 9: Berlin
Day 10: Depart from Berlin
Should I cut one day from Prague and add it to Berlin?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 4 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 5 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 6 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 7 Juangfrau / mt
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 10 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 11 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 12 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 15 Switzerland
- 16 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 17 Questions about Polish sights
- 18 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 19 If you had to choose one......
- 20 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 21 Ireland travel passport question
- 22 Italy
- 23 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 24 Revised itinerary for italy
- 25 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?