My husband and I and several of our friends are taking a Danube River Cruise next April and it ends in Budapest. We plan to stay in Budapest for 3 days afterward. The cruise company includes a 1/2 day overview type of tour, which involves seeing the City Park, Opera House, St Stephens Cathedral, Parliament, and Matthias Church, plus 'visiting' Heroes' Square, Buda Castle Hill, and Fisherman's Bastion. We are going to hire a private guide for perhaps an additional 1/2 day tour with more indepth sightseeing. The guide will customize the tour and we are struggling with what are the most important sites to get a real feel for the city and what makes it unique. What are the 'must-sees? Is there anything that added greatly to your experience in Budapest...that would require a guide, I mean. We already plan to visit the Great Market Hall, the New York Café, and Kirlay utca, but thought those could be seen and enjoyed without a guide. Any input or thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Budapest Must sees?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Hallwag maps
- 2 Two weeks in mostly Tuscany- need advice
- 3 Car Rental Return @ CDG..and Transportation Options After
- 4 Chip & Pin Only
- 5 Reggio Emilia for 1 week
- 6 Unknown regions in the Czech republic
- 7 University survey for Bulgarian tourism
- 8 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 9 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 10 2 week Europe trip - need help please
- 11 Critique my winter trip to Greece
- 12 Le Marche and Rome - Part 4 - Ascoli Piceno
- 13 Question about 6 days unlimited Jungfrau pass
- 14 Planning 8 days in Italy (Rome, Tuscany) with two kids
- 15 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 16 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 17 Le Marche and Rome - Part 1
- 18 14 days to travel Europe...topdeck vs busabout
- 19 Athens to Rome with Agean
- 20 A full week in The Netherlands
- 21 Crete: Rental Car Return to Heraklion PORT?
- 22 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 23 Cordoba hotel and restaurant ideas
- 24 Robbed in Rome... by a "Police Officer"?
- 25 BEWARE OF AVIS CAR HIRE