My husband and I and several of our friends are taking a Danube River Cruise next April and it ends in Budapest. We plan to stay in Budapest for 3 days afterward. The cruise company includes a 1/2 day overview type of tour, which involves seeing the City Park, Opera House, St Stephens Cathedral, Parliament, and Matthias Church, plus 'visiting' Heroes' Square, Buda Castle Hill, and Fisherman's Bastion. We are going to hire a private guide for perhaps an additional 1/2 day tour with more indepth sightseeing. The guide will customize the tour and we are struggling with what are the most important sites to get a real feel for the city and what makes it unique. What are the 'must-sees? Is there anything that added greatly to your experience in Budapest...that would require a guide, I mean. We already plan to visit the Great Market Hall, the New York Café, and Kirlay utca, but thought those could be seen and enjoyed without a guide. Any input or thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Budapest Must sees?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need advice on 2 week Greece itinerary
- 2 scotland trave;
- 3 Barcelona restaurants
- 4 May 2015 switzerland weather
- 5 Travel from Amsterdam to Pisa
- 6 marbella spain
- 7 Trains
- 8 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 9 5 days in England (flying into Heathrow) before cruise- where to visit
- 10 Kadıköy to Kız Kulesi by bus
- 11 malaga to madrid train ?
- 12 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 13 Brussels, Copenhagan, Stockholm
- 14 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 15 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband
- 16 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 17 From Orly to hotel in 8th arrondisement
- 18 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 19 9 Nights: Venice, AC, and Rome first timer help!!!
- 20 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 21 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 22 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 23 Italy for 5 nights!
- 24 Best Neighborhood To Stay In In Rome
- 25 Airb2b in Paris