My husband and I and several of our friends are taking a Danube River Cruise next April and it ends in Budapest. We plan to stay in Budapest for 3 days afterward. The cruise company includes a 1/2 day overview type of tour, which involves seeing the City Park, Opera House, St Stephens Cathedral, Parliament, and Matthias Church, plus 'visiting' Heroes' Square, Buda Castle Hill, and Fisherman's Bastion. We are going to hire a private guide for perhaps an additional 1/2 day tour with more indepth sightseeing. The guide will customize the tour and we are struggling with what are the most important sites to get a real feel for the city and what makes it unique. What are the 'must-sees? Is there anything that added greatly to your experience in Budapest...that would require a guide, I mean. We already plan to visit the Great Market Hall, the New York Café, and Kirlay utca, but thought those could be seen and enjoyed without a guide. Any input or thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Budapest Must sees?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Local Tour in Provence?
- 2 10 Hours in Brussels
- 3 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 4 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 5 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 6 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 7 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 8 Hotel in Venice
- 9 What are the best places to see in England
- 10 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 11 Transportation in Barcelona
- 12 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 13 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 14 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 15 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 16 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 17 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 18 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 19 Day trip from London to Paris
- 20 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 21 Ste Remy France
- 22 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 23 Europe in 21 days
- 24 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 25 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish