My cousins and I (4 women, mid 40s - early 50s) are going to Budapest. We're looking to visit another city nearby to complete our trip. We were considering Prague until we found out the train ride is 7 hours long. Vienna was also another option but all of us have been there already.
Can anyone suggest another city that is a train ride (around 2-3 hours? Max 5?) away? Hopefully a city of history and art and that is safe and nice to walk around. We're only planning to spend max 3 days in the other city (that's inclusive of travel time).
Or would you recommend flying to Prague on Czech Air?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 3 Uber vs. TfL
- 4 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 5 Whathello Paris
- 6 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 7 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 8 Bordeaux to Nice
- 9 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 10 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 11 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 12 Athens Help
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Transport for local Venice travel
- 15 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 16 Crete Holiday
- 17 Christmas in Italy
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 "Too Much Cows"
- 20 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 21 Thinking about the Fjords
- 22 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 23 Rome to Venice
- 24 Alitala
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna