My cousins and I (4 women, mid 40s - early 50s) are going to Budapest. We're looking to visit another city nearby to complete our trip. We were considering Prague until we found out the train ride is 7 hours long. Vienna was also another option but all of us have been there already.
Can anyone suggest another city that is a train ride (around 2-3 hours? Max 5?) away? Hopefully a city of history and art and that is safe and nice to walk around. We're only planning to spend max 3 days in the other city (that's inclusive of travel time).
Or would you recommend flying to Prague on Czech Air?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 2 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 3 What tips can you give about packing?
- 4 Murren to Prague
- 5 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 6 Scotland Trip Report
- 7 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 8 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 Cordoba Overnight?
- 11 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 12 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 13 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 14 How the kids age calculated
- 15 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 16 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 17 Firt time VISA applicant
- 18 Uffizi Phone Number
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 Aix Provence
- 22 Sintra
- 23 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??