We are travelling to Budapest for a five day stay and are unsure which side of the river to stay. I stayed in the Castle area 20 years ago and remember it as being somewhat reserved. We are looking for an area with an interesting street life in terms of cafes, restaurants, points of interest etc. Any advice?
Buda or Pest - Where would you stay?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great London Bars with a view
- 2 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 3 Roussillon, a photo essay
- 4 St Germain
- 5 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 6 First Time to UK since 2001
- 7 Hotels that we found special
- 8 Art in Paris
- 9 Rental car while in Ireland
- 10 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 11 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 12 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 13 Too many Trip Reports
- 14 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 15 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 16 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 17 I dream of Europe
- 18 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 19 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 20 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 21 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 22 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 23 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 24 Reykjavik hotels
- 25 Adventures in Italy with Momma