I'm planning a trip (mostly by rail) across Europe. I've got two weeks and only a rought schedule and wondered if anyone had any insights.
I don't have many criteria, other than:
1) I'd like to spend the bulk of the trip in French speaking countries
2) I want to see if I can get to San Marino.
The rough schedule is:
Brussels - Luxembourg - Paris - Lyon - Lausanne - Milan - Rimini (San Marino) and then fly back to London, where I live.
I've already eliminated a ferry to Split as it just seemed like too much to cram in. Brussels is a quick stop-over where I can stay with a friend, so I'll be flying there on the Friday night and then leaving again on Saturday to get to France via Luxembourg. I'd like to be in Paris by the Tuesday as I may meet up with a friend who has Tuesdays off work.
Other than that, the rest is very flexible. I've done a comparison of driving/rail costs and rail looks cheaper, even with the flight in from London to Brussels.
I'd love to know the thoughts of anyone who has made similar trips. Thanks in advance for being so welcoming to a first time poster.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 사설토토추천사이트 ▼ 접속 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx12▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 3 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 6 Road trip with our dog
- 7 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 8 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 9 Douro Valley in January?
- 10 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 11 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 12 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 13 Munich and....???
- 14 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 17 italy Cinque Terre
- 18 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 21 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 22 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 23 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 24 Spanish Medical Providers
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris