I'm planning a trip (mostly by rail) across Europe. I've got two weeks and only a rought schedule and wondered if anyone had any insights.
I don't have many criteria, other than:
1) I'd like to spend the bulk of the trip in French speaking countries
2) I want to see if I can get to San Marino.
The rough schedule is:
Brussels - Luxembourg - Paris - Lyon - Lausanne - Milan - Rimini (San Marino) and then fly back to London, where I live.
I've already eliminated a ferry to Split as it just seemed like too much to cram in. Brussels is a quick stop-over where I can stay with a friend, so I'll be flying there on the Friday night and then leaving again on Saturday to get to France via Luxembourg. I'd like to be in Paris by the Tuesday as I may meet up with a friend who has Tuesdays off work.
Other than that, the rest is very flexible. I've done a comparison of driving/rail costs and rail looks cheaper, even with the flight in from London to Brussels.
I'd love to know the thoughts of anyone who has made similar trips. Thanks in advance for being so welcoming to a first time poster.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice in October... by myself! (Please advise.)
- 2 One week in Europe
- 3 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 4 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 5 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Munich itinerary review
- 8 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 9 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 10 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 11 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 12 Switzerland in September
- 13 Where to eat in Rome?
- 14 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 15 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 16 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 17 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 18 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 19 AMS Car Rental
- 20 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 21 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 22 London Theater
- 23 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 24 Europe itinerary questions
- 25 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?