Basically need to do a 1.5 day trip somewhere (travel time excluded) and it's come down to a choice between Brussels and Amsterdam. Have read a couple of things on both on the internet. I'm not much for night life or drinking so most of the other threads I've read on this (other forums) haven't been particularly helpful. I'm more into artsy things and a good city for street photography and nice architecture and plenty of interesting nooks and crannies just for strolling around with an ice cream cone (Hong Kong, Old Quebec, Siena, and Venice come to mind in terms of these wonderful walkaround places). Would pass on museums unless they have super-amazing contemporary art that is beyond half-hearted abstractionism. I like the sense of feeling lost without actually being lost, and the fewer the relative number of English speakers, the better!
Would appreciate the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich
- 2 Paris---baguette question???
- 3 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 4 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 5 Vienna or Budapest?
- 6 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 7 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 8 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 9 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 10 Italy/Greece with kids
- 11 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 12 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 13 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 14 10 day Greek Island trip
- 15 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 16 Portugal itinerary help
- 17 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
- 18 Portugal initial itinerary help
- 19 Lisbon NYE
- 20 Drive Vienna to Salzburg
- 21 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 22 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 23 English Countryside
- 24 Need help in travel planning
- 25 French immersion courses in France