Basically need to do a 1.5 day trip somewhere (travel time excluded) and it's come down to a choice between Brussels and Amsterdam. Have read a couple of things on both on the internet. I'm not much for night life or drinking so most of the other threads I've read on this (other forums) haven't been particularly helpful. I'm more into artsy things and a good city for street photography and nice architecture and plenty of interesting nooks and crannies just for strolling around with an ice cream cone (Hong Kong, Old Quebec, Siena, and Venice come to mind in terms of these wonderful walkaround places). Would pass on museums unless they have super-amazing contemporary art that is beyond half-hearted abstractionism. I like the sense of feeling lost without actually being lost, and the fewer the relative number of English speakers, the better!
Would appreciate the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 2 Milan or Turin
- 3 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 4 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Paris to Italy
- 7 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 8 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 9 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 10 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 11 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 12 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 13 Iceland early december visit
- 14 Frankfurt to UK
- 15 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 16 God Save the Queen?
- 17 Road trip with our dog
- 18 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 21 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 22 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 23 Spanish Medical Providers
- 24 Italy Car Scam
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris