Basically need to do a 1.5 day trip somewhere (travel time excluded) and it's come down to a choice between Brussels and Amsterdam. Have read a couple of things on both on the internet. I'm not much for night life or drinking so most of the other threads I've read on this (other forums) haven't been particularly helpful. I'm more into artsy things and a good city for street photography and nice architecture and plenty of interesting nooks and crannies just for strolling around with an ice cream cone (Hong Kong, Old Quebec, Siena, and Venice come to mind in terms of these wonderful walkaround places). Would pass on museums unless they have super-amazing contemporary art that is beyond half-hearted abstractionism. I like the sense of feeling lost without actually being lost, and the fewer the relative number of English speakers, the better!
Would appreciate the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 2 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 3 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 4 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 5 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 6 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
- 7 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 8 Swiss Travel Pass
- 9 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 10 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 11 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 12 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 13 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 14 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 15 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 16 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 17 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 18 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 19 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 20 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 21 Amsterdam in January
- 22 Petrol in Greece
- 23 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 24 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 25 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??