Basically need to do a 1.5 day trip somewhere (travel time excluded) and it's come down to a choice between Brussels and Amsterdam. Have read a couple of things on both on the internet. I'm not much for night life or drinking so most of the other threads I've read on this (other forums) haven't been particularly helpful. I'm more into artsy things and a good city for street photography and nice architecture and plenty of interesting nooks and crannies just for strolling around with an ice cream cone (Hong Kong, Old Quebec, Siena, and Venice come to mind in terms of these wonderful walkaround places). Would pass on museums unless they have super-amazing contemporary art that is beyond half-hearted abstractionism. I like the sense of feeling lost without actually being lost, and the fewer the relative number of English speakers, the better!
Would appreciate the help!
Brussels or Amsterdam?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Golfing in Ireland
- 2 Foie gras, redux
- 3 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 4 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?
- 5 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 6 Train to Airport in Venice
- 7 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 8 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 9 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 10 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 11 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 12 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 13 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 14 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 15 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 16 Airport to Piraeus
- 17 Trieste and Koper
- 18 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 19 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?
- 20 Very early departure from Istanbul airport
- 21 What still confounds you about travel?
- 22 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 23 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 24 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 25 Questions for my German friends