Basically need to do a 1.5 day trip somewhere (travel time excluded) and it's come down to a choice between Brussels and Amsterdam. Have read a couple of things on both on the internet. I'm not much for night life or drinking so most of the other threads I've read on this (other forums) haven't been particularly helpful. I'm more into artsy things and a good city for street photography and nice architecture and plenty of interesting nooks and crannies just for strolling around with an ice cream cone (Hong Kong, Old Quebec, Siena, and Venice come to mind in terms of these wonderful walkaround places). Would pass on museums unless they have super-amazing contemporary art that is beyond half-hearted abstractionism. I like the sense of feeling lost without actually being lost, and the fewer the relative number of English speakers, the better!
Would appreciate the help!
Brussels or Amsterdam?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 2 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 3 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 4 Estonia Amber
- 5 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 6 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 7 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 8 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 9 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 10 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 11 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 12 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 13 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 14 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 15 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 16 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 17 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 18 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 19 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 20 9 days in turkey
- 21 Burg Eltz
- 22 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 23 Germany-berlin marathon
- 24 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 25 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions