Basically need to do a 1.5 day trip somewhere (travel time excluded) and it's come down to a choice between Brussels and Amsterdam. Have read a couple of things on both on the internet. I'm not much for night life or drinking so most of the other threads I've read on this (other forums) haven't been particularly helpful. I'm more into artsy things and a good city for street photography and nice architecture and plenty of interesting nooks and crannies just for strolling around with an ice cream cone (Hong Kong, Old Quebec, Siena, and Venice come to mind in terms of these wonderful walkaround places). Would pass on museums unless they have super-amazing contemporary art that is beyond half-hearted abstractionism. I like the sense of feeling lost without actually being lost, and the fewer the relative number of English speakers, the better!
Would appreciate the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UNITED* : HP SUPPORT CONTACT ☎ 1:800-681-7208 HP PRINTER 24*7
- 2 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 3 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 4 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 5 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 10 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 11 Trogir or Split
- 12 Help on ancient history route
- 13 Edinbrugh
- 14 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 15 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 16 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 17 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 18 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 19 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 20 Berlin to ?
- 21 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 22 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 23 Maximizing Norway time
- 24 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 25 Hotels in Turin