Basically need to do a 1.5 day trip somewhere (travel time excluded) and it's come down to a choice between Brussels and Amsterdam. Have read a couple of things on both on the internet. I'm not much for night life or drinking so most of the other threads I've read on this (other forums) haven't been particularly helpful. I'm more into artsy things and a good city for street photography and nice architecture and plenty of interesting nooks and crannies just for strolling around with an ice cream cone (Hong Kong, Old Quebec, Siena, and Venice come to mind in terms of these wonderful walkaround places). Would pass on museums unless they have super-amazing contemporary art that is beyond half-hearted abstractionism. I like the sense of feeling lost without actually being lost, and the fewer the relative number of English speakers, the better!
Would appreciate the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 2 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 3 A very late conclusion to Solo Christmas/December trip - Paris
- 4 Our European adventures
- 5 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 6 Crete (and Santorini ) Trip Report
- 7 Scotland November 2015
- 8 1 day trip from Nice
- 9 Norway holiday locations
- 10 Norway holiday locations
- 11 NORMANDY TRIPS (+ Madrid)
- 12 Iphone Charger in a Car in Europe?
- 13 Help with itinerary
- 14 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel
- 15 Planning Advice!
- 16 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 17 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 18 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 19 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 20 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 21 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 22 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 23 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 24 20 free days of Europe
- 25 Prague Beyond the "Usual"