Basically need to do a 1.5 day trip somewhere (travel time excluded) and it's come down to a choice between Brussels and Amsterdam. Have read a couple of things on both on the internet. I'm not much for night life or drinking so most of the other threads I've read on this (other forums) haven't been particularly helpful. I'm more into artsy things and a good city for street photography and nice architecture and plenty of interesting nooks and crannies just for strolling around with an ice cream cone (Hong Kong, Old Quebec, Siena, and Venice come to mind in terms of these wonderful walkaround places). Would pass on museums unless they have super-amazing contemporary art that is beyond half-hearted abstractionism. I like the sense of feeling lost without actually being lost, and the fewer the relative number of English speakers, the better!
Would appreciate the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 2 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 3 Spanish Language Immersion for young teenager in SPAIN
- 4 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 5 If you had to choose one......
- 6 HELP PLEASE! Skiing in Zermatt this March
- 7 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 8 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 11 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 12 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 15 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 16 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 17 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 18 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 19 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 20 Sicily
- 21 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 22 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 23 car for four adults and four bikes
- 24 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 25 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017