Basically need to do a 1.5 day trip somewhere (travel time excluded) and it's come down to a choice between Brussels and Amsterdam. Have read a couple of things on both on the internet. I'm not much for night life or drinking so most of the other threads I've read on this (other forums) haven't been particularly helpful. I'm more into artsy things and a good city for street photography and nice architecture and plenty of interesting nooks and crannies just for strolling around with an ice cream cone (Hong Kong, Old Quebec, Siena, and Venice come to mind in terms of these wonderful walkaround places). Would pass on museums unless they have super-amazing contemporary art that is beyond half-hearted abstractionism. I like the sense of feeling lost without actually being lost, and the fewer the relative number of English speakers, the better!
Would appreciate the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 2 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 3 The herbs in pure slim 365
- 4 Great Fare Sale Emirate Air
- 5 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 6 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 7 Route des Vins
- 8 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 9 2 days in Florence
- 10 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 11 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 12 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 13 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 14 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 15 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 16 base for Andalucia
- 17 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 20 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 21 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 22 Windsor Castle
- 23 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 24 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 25 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer