Basically need to do a 1.5 day trip somewhere (travel time excluded) and it's come down to a choice between Brussels and Amsterdam. Have read a couple of things on both on the internet. I'm not much for night life or drinking so most of the other threads I've read on this (other forums) haven't been particularly helpful. I'm more into artsy things and a good city for street photography and nice architecture and plenty of interesting nooks and crannies just for strolling around with an ice cream cone (Hong Kong, Old Quebec, Siena, and Venice come to mind in terms of these wonderful walkaround places). Would pass on museums unless they have super-amazing contemporary art that is beyond half-hearted abstractionism. I like the sense of feeling lost without actually being lost, and the fewer the relative number of English speakers, the better!
Would appreciate the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cell phones in France and England
- 2 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 3 Algarve,Portugal at Christmas?
- 4 Stability and safety in Turkey
- 5 Parking in Italy
- 6 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 7 sim card
- 8 Plan Italy trip
- 9 Restauant Suggestions for our Spain Trip
- 10 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 11 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 12 apartments florence
- 13 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 14 Italy Tuscany or Umbria, Naples area advice please
- 15 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 16 Florence, Italy
- 17 Italy trains question
- 18 Planning a trip to Madrid and Granada
- 19 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 20 How to split time between Dubrovnik and Split?
- 21 Road Trip! Two weeks in Ireland with planning advice for you.
- 22 FCO connection time
- 23 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin
- 24 Slovania & Croatia
- 25 Layover Madrid Info Help