Basically need to do a 1.5 day trip somewhere (travel time excluded) and it's come down to a choice between Brussels and Amsterdam. Have read a couple of things on both on the internet. I'm not much for night life or drinking so most of the other threads I've read on this (other forums) haven't been particularly helpful. I'm more into artsy things and a good city for street photography and nice architecture and plenty of interesting nooks and crannies just for strolling around with an ice cream cone (Hong Kong, Old Quebec, Siena, and Venice come to mind in terms of these wonderful walkaround places). Would pass on museums unless they have super-amazing contemporary art that is beyond half-hearted abstractionism. I like the sense of feeling lost without actually being lost, and the fewer the relative number of English speakers, the better!
Would appreciate the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Enjoying England for a year!
- 2 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 3 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 4 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 5 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 6 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 7 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 8 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 9 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 10 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 11 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 12 SIM card
- 13 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 14 All of Spain or something else..?
- 15 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 16 RENFE error message during payment
- 17 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 18 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 19 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 20 Greece Experts
- 21 Europe itinerary review
- 22 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 23 Gracia Neighborhood in Barcelona Spain
- 24 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 25 Favorite restaurants in Paris