We will be in Bruges the week after Christmas. We plan a day trip to Ghent. We had originally planned to rent a car when we flew into Brussels, but are rethinking that. Would it be easier and convenient to plan to travel by train to and from Bruges and on a day trip to Ghent? Are there day trips from Bruges that are worth doing that would require a car? I am worried about parking in Bruges. Would also welcome ideas about things to do in the area that time of year.
Bruges-week after Christmas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 2 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 3 Venice Banning Fodors
- 4 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 5 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 6 4-6 weeks
- 7 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 8 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 9 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 10 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 11 France, Italy and Greec
- 12 Rome---August and September
- 13 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 14 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 15 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 16 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 17 South of France November Trip Report
- 18 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 19 Clearsky Holidays
- 20 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 21 Suggestions for too many days in Milan
- 22 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 23 Luggage sizing
- 24 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 25 Madrid - Bernina Express