We will be in Bruges the week after Christmas. We plan a day trip to Ghent. We had originally planned to rent a car when we flew into Brussels, but are rethinking that. Would it be easier and convenient to plan to travel by train to and from Bruges and on a day trip to Ghent? Are there day trips from Bruges that are worth doing that would require a car? I am worried about parking in Bruges. Would also welcome ideas about things to do in the area that time of year.
Bruges-week after Christmas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ever rent an apartment after you get to a city?
- 2 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 3 Hotel Reccommendations: France, Germany, Italy
- 4 Venice - boats on canals
- 5 Ghent or Paris?
- 6 France: which maps?
- 7 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 8 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 9 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 10 Where to spend two nights relatively near Malpensa? (*but not Milan!)
- 11 Paris - city hotel with easy access to Paris Nord Villepinte Expo?
- 12 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 13 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 14 Piedmont - Scenic Drive
- 15 Recommendations for must do Scandinavian itinerary....
- 16 Piedmont to Cinque Terre
- 17 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 18 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 19 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 20 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 21 Paris-Verona Carry-On Question
- 22 September 2014 - Mykonos, Santorini, Athens!
- 23 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 24 Best regions/cities for good walks (not hiking)
- 25 Trekking Poles in the UK...Where to buy