We will be in Bruges the week after Christmas. We plan a day trip to Ghent. We had originally planned to rent a car when we flew into Brussels, but are rethinking that. Would it be easier and convenient to plan to travel by train to and from Bruges and on a day trip to Ghent? Are there day trips from Bruges that are worth doing that would require a car? I am worried about parking in Bruges. Would also welcome ideas about things to do in the area that time of year.
Bruges-week after Christmas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 2 London Trip Travel
- 3 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 4 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 5 I dream of Europe
- 6 Weekend in Norfolk
- 7 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 8 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 9 St Germain
- 10 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 11 Cotswold Churches
- 12 Autumn in Paris
- 13 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 14 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 15 Norway 2014
- 16 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 17 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 18 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 19 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 20 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 21 Off-Beat Day Trip from London: Chatham, Isle of Sheppey, Rochester...
- 22 Is Venice really dirty?
- 23 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 24 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 25 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris