We will be in Bruges the week after Christmas. We plan a day trip to Ghent. We had originally planned to rent a car when we flew into Brussels, but are rethinking that. Would it be easier and convenient to plan to travel by train to and from Bruges and on a day trip to Ghent? Are there day trips from Bruges that are worth doing that would require a car? I am worried about parking in Bruges. Would also welcome ideas about things to do in the area that time of year.
Bruges-week after Christmas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 2 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 3 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 4 Is Venice really dirty?
- 5 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 6 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 7 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 8 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 9 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 10 Will a European two prong electrical adapter work with U.S. power strip ?
- 11 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 12 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 13 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 14 Best beach town in Italy?
- 15 Cotswold Churches
- 16 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 17 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 18 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 19 Italy in October 2015
- 20 Budgeting - how long can I last!
- 21 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 22 I dream of Europe
- 23 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 24 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 25 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?