We will be in Bruges the week after Christmas. We plan a day trip to Ghent. We had originally planned to rent a car when we flew into Brussels, but are rethinking that. Would it be easier and convenient to plan to travel by train to and from Bruges and on a day trip to Ghent? Are there day trips from Bruges that are worth doing that would require a car? I am worried about parking in Bruges. Would also welcome ideas about things to do in the area that time of year.
Bruges-week after Christmas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 2 Germany for 3 weeks
- 3 "Chip" Credit Cards in Italy
- 4 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 5 rail pass
- 6 anticipating Italian autostrada traffic in July to catch ferry
- 7 Switzerland Trip with Family
- 8 Dolce Far Niente....the sweetness of doing nothing (well almost) in Paris
- 9 Napoli Centrale: Luggage/Storage Lockers?
- 10 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 11 A guide to Madrid
- 12 UK and Belgium 20 days with 2 kids ( 6 years old and 7 years old girls)
- 13 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 14 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 15 What to see between Budapest and Salzburg
- 16 Renting an apt.
- 17 Need help on almost 3 weeks in Ireland: itinerary
- 18 English Stately Homes and Castle
- 19 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 20 Comments on Iceland Itinerary Please
- 21 WiFi on trains
- 22 4 weeks by rail starting Rome
- 23 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 24 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 25 10 day itinerary in Puglia