I'm in the early stage of sketching out an itinerary. First of all I need to ask if it would better to travel to the Dordogne in June or September? I can do it either time. I've heard the weather can be better in fall, but not sure if my source is correct.
I'm planning to use public transit & private guides. I just don't want to drive by myself in a foreign country. I've traveled solo many times -- always using trains/ buses (and sometimes local guides in minivans). I've never been to the Dordogne.
Fly into Brussels, train to Bruges 2 or 3 nights
Paris -- 3 or 4 nights
Chenonceaux (the town - next to the famous chateau - I've never been there) 2 nights
Sarlat --4 or 5 nights
(hire a private driver/guide to visit Beynac, La Roque Gageac, Chateau des Milandes, Domme, Font du Gaume -- etc.
Carcassonne (maybe-not sure) 2 nights.
Fly out Toulouse.
(After Previewing my post just now, it struck me that I may not have much fun touring the Dordogne region with a local guide. Hmmm.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 2 Barcelona on budget
- 3 Advice for England and France travels?
- 4 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 5 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 6 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 7 please revew provence agenda
- 8 Italy 2010 - Lake Garda to Rome via Dolomites, Verona, Bologna and Tuscany
- 9 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 10 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 11 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 12 Does anyone ever "meet the locals"?
- 13 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 14 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 15 Where to go in March??
- 16 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 17 Late June 2017 - Capri/Amalfi Coast vs Serengeti Safari
- 18 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 19 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 20 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 21 Dublin Ireland Advice Needed
- 22 Best way to get out of London and rent a car?
- 23 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 24 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 25 Car rental/train option to Paola/San Lucido Italy? - Mom and 3 kids