I'm in the early stage of sketching out an itinerary. First of all I need to ask if it would better to travel to the Dordogne in June or September? I can do it either time. I've heard the weather can be better in fall, but not sure if my source is correct.
I'm planning to use public transit & private guides. I just don't want to drive by myself in a foreign country. I've traveled solo many times -- always using trains/ buses (and sometimes local guides in minivans). I've never been to the Dordogne.
Fly into Brussels, train to Bruges 2 or 3 nights
Paris -- 3 or 4 nights
Chenonceaux (the town - next to the famous chateau - I've never been there) 2 nights
Sarlat --4 or 5 nights
(hire a private driver/guide to visit Beynac, La Roque Gageac, Chateau des Milandes, Domme, Font du Gaume -- etc.
Carcassonne (maybe-not sure) 2 nights.
Fly out Toulouse.
(After Previewing my post just now, it struck me that I may not have much fun touring the Dordogne region with a local guide. Hmmm.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 UK in May and June
- 4 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 5 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 6 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 7 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 8 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 11 Globus Iberian Tour
- 12 Spain: train/rental car help
- 13 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 14 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 15 Budapest Card
- 16 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 17 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 18 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 19 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 20 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 21 Bath/Cotswolds
- 22 Shorts in South of France?
- 23 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 24 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 25 base for Andalucia