I'm in the early stage of sketching out an itinerary. First of all I need to ask if it would better to travel to the Dordogne in June or September? I can do it either time. I've heard the weather can be better in fall, but not sure if my source is correct.
I'm planning to use public transit & private guides. I just don't want to drive by myself in a foreign country. I've traveled solo many times -- always using trains/ buses (and sometimes local guides in minivans). I've never been to the Dordogne.
Fly into Brussels, train to Bruges 2 or 3 nights
Paris -- 3 or 4 nights
Chenonceaux (the town - next to the famous chateau - I've never been there) 2 nights
Sarlat --4 or 5 nights
(hire a private driver/guide to visit Beynac, La Roque Gageac, Chateau des Milandes, Domme, Font du Gaume -- etc.
Carcassonne (maybe-not sure) 2 nights.
Fly out Toulouse.
(After Previewing my post just now, it struck me that I may not have much fun touring the Dordogne region with a local guide. Hmmm.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 2 House Hunting in France
- 3 Itinerary Tweaking
- 4 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 5 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 6 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 7 Ireland in April
- 8 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 9 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 10 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 11 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 12 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 13 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 14 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 15 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 16 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 17 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 18 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 19 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 20 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 21 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 22 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 23 Itinerary Help
- 24 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 25 Hotel in Vienna