I'm in the early stage of sketching out an itinerary. First of all I need to ask if it would better to travel to the Dordogne in June or September? I can do it either time. I've heard the weather can be better in fall, but not sure if my source is correct.
I'm planning to use public transit & private guides. I just don't want to drive by myself in a foreign country. I've traveled solo many times -- always using trains/ buses (and sometimes local guides in minivans). I've never been to the Dordogne.
Fly into Brussels, train to Bruges 2 or 3 nights
Paris -- 3 or 4 nights
Chenonceaux (the town - next to the famous chateau - I've never been there) 2 nights
Sarlat --4 or 5 nights
(hire a private driver/guide to visit Beynac, La Roque Gageac, Chateau des Milandes, Domme, Font du Gaume -- etc.
Carcassonne (maybe-not sure) 2 nights.
Fly out Toulouse.
(After Previewing my post just now, it struck me that I may not have much fun touring the Dordogne region with a local guide. Hmmm.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Trip to Europe!
- 2 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 3 Rue des Rosiers
- 4 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 5 Paris Under Seige...
- 6 visa appointment experience
- 7 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 8 Brief trip report Naples
- 9 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 10 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 11 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 12 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 13 What to take to Germany
- 14 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 15 Malta - 4 days before Cristmas
- 16 Scotland Trip
- 17 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 18 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 19 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 20 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 21 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 22 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 23 Which Heathrow Airport Car Service Would You Use?
- 24 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 25 4 week trip Turkey