I'm in the early stage of sketching out an itinerary. First of all I need to ask if it would better to travel to the Dordogne in June or September? I can do it either time. I've heard the weather can be better in fall, but not sure if my source is correct.
I'm planning to use public transit & private guides. I just don't want to drive by myself in a foreign country. I've traveled solo many times -- always using trains/ buses (and sometimes local guides in minivans). I've never been to the Dordogne.
Fly into Brussels, train to Bruges 2 or 3 nights
Paris -- 3 or 4 nights
Chenonceaux (the town - next to the famous chateau - I've never been there) 2 nights
Sarlat --4 or 5 nights
(hire a private driver/guide to visit Beynac, La Roque Gageac, Chateau des Milandes, Domme, Font du Gaume -- etc.
Carcassonne (maybe-not sure) 2 nights.
Fly out Toulouse.
(After Previewing my post just now, it struck me that I may not have much fun touring the Dordogne region with a local guide. Hmmm.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 2 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 3 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 4 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 5 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 6 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 7 Chip but no PIN
- 8 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 9 Stay near Paris
- 10 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 11 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 12 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 13 Oktoberfest reservations
- 14 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 15 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 16 Eurostar booking
- 17 Questions for my German friends
- 18 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 19 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 20 Good neighborhood to stay in Porto
- 21 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 22 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 23 What to wear
- 24 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 25 italy