I'm in the early stage of sketching out an itinerary. First of all I need to ask if it would better to travel to the Dordogne in June or September? I can do it either time. I've heard the weather can be better in fall, but not sure if my source is correct.
I'm planning to use public transit & private guides. I just don't want to drive by myself in a foreign country. I've traveled solo many times -- always using trains/ buses (and sometimes local guides in minivans). I've never been to the Dordogne.
Fly into Brussels, train to Bruges 2 or 3 nights
Paris -- 3 or 4 nights
Chenonceaux (the town - next to the famous chateau - I've never been there) 2 nights
Sarlat --4 or 5 nights
(hire a private driver/guide to visit Beynac, La Roque Gageac, Chateau des Milandes, Domme, Font du Gaume -- etc.
Carcassonne (maybe-not sure) 2 nights.
Fly out Toulouse.
(After Previewing my post just now, it struck me that I may not have much fun touring the Dordogne region with a local guide. Hmmm.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples to Pompeii
- 2 Cell phones in France and England
- 3 http://fornatgaex.com/pure-forskolin-xt-reviews/
- 4 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 5 Algarve,Portugal at Christmas?
- 6 Stability and safety in Turkey
- 7 Parking in Italy
- 8 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 9 sim card
- 10 Plan Italy trip
- 11 Restauant Suggestions for our Spain Trip
- 12 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 13 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 14 apartments florence
- 15 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 16 Italy Tuscany or Umbria, Naples area advice please
- 17 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 18 Florence, Italy
- 19 Italy trains question
- 20 Planning a trip to Madrid and Granada
- 21 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 22 How to split time between Dubrovnik and Split?
- 23 Road Trip! Two weeks in Ireland with planning advice for you.
- 24 FCO connection time
- 25 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin