I'm in the early stage of sketching out an itinerary. First of all I need to ask if it would better to travel to the Dordogne in June or September? I can do it either time. I've heard the weather can be better in fall, but not sure if my source is correct.
I'm planning to use public transit & private guides. I just don't want to drive by myself in a foreign country. I've traveled solo many times -- always using trains/ buses (and sometimes local guides in minivans). I've never been to the Dordogne.
Fly into Brussels, train to Bruges 2 or 3 nights
Paris -- 3 or 4 nights
Chenonceaux (the town - next to the famous chateau - I've never been there) 2 nights
Sarlat --4 or 5 nights
(hire a private driver/guide to visit Beynac, La Roque Gageac, Chateau des Milandes, Domme, Font du Gaume -- etc.
Carcassonne (maybe-not sure) 2 nights.
Fly out Toulouse.
(After Previewing my post just now, it struck me that I may not have much fun touring the Dordogne region with a local guide. Hmmm.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vuerling airlines
- 2 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 3 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 4 Venice Film Fest
- 5 Europe itinerary
- 6 France for a month in 2017
- 7 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 8 All of Spain or something else..?
- 9 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 10 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 11 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 12 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 13 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 14 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 15 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 16 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 17 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 18 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 19 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 20 evening of song and dance
- 21 Naples or Genoa
- 22 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 23 SIM card
- 24 Our time in Rome
- 25 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?