I'm in the early stage of sketching out an itinerary. First of all I need to ask if it would better to travel to the Dordogne in June or September? I can do it either time. I've heard the weather can be better in fall, but not sure if my source is correct.
I'm planning to use public transit & private guides. I just don't want to drive by myself in a foreign country. I've traveled solo many times -- always using trains/ buses (and sometimes local guides in minivans). I've never been to the Dordogne.
Fly into Brussels, train to Bruges 2 or 3 nights
Paris -- 3 or 4 nights
Chenonceaux (the town - next to the famous chateau - I've never been there) 2 nights
Sarlat --4 or 5 nights
(hire a private driver/guide to visit Beynac, La Roque Gageac, Chateau des Milandes, Domme, Font du Gaume -- etc.
Carcassonne (maybe-not sure) 2 nights.
Fly out Toulouse.
(After Previewing my post just now, it struck me that I may not have much fun touring the Dordogne region with a local guide. Hmmm.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lyon
- 2 Self drive tour companies
- 3 Italian lakes
- 4 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 5 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 6 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 7 What do after Bernia Express?
- 8 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 9 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 10 France, UK and Ireland
- 11 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 12 French theater in Paris
- 13 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 14 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 15 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 16 Germany family road trip help!
- 17 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 18 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 19 Barcelona
- 20 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 21 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 22 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 25 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?