I'm in the early stage of sketching out an itinerary. First of all I need to ask if it would better to travel to the Dordogne in June or September? I can do it either time. I've heard the weather can be better in fall, but not sure if my source is correct.
I'm planning to use public transit & private guides. I just don't want to drive by myself in a foreign country. I've traveled solo many times -- always using trains/ buses (and sometimes local guides in minivans). I've never been to the Dordogne.
Fly into Brussels, train to Bruges 2 or 3 nights
Paris -- 3 or 4 nights
Chenonceaux (the town - next to the famous chateau - I've never been there) 2 nights
Sarlat --4 or 5 nights
(hire a private driver/guide to visit Beynac, La Roque Gageac, Chateau des Milandes, Domme, Font du Gaume -- etc.
Carcassonne (maybe-not sure) 2 nights.
Fly out Toulouse.
(After Previewing my post just now, it struck me that I may not have much fun touring the Dordogne region with a local guide. Hmmm.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 2 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 3 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 4 Food Critics Pans French Restaurant Food and the 'Fait Maison' Logo...
- 5 Planning to visit Barcelona and Santander in the fall next year
- 6 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 7 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 8 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 9 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 10 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 11 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 12 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 13 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 14 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions
- 15 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 16 What do you wish you'd known about Iceland before you went?
- 17 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 18 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 19 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 20 Confusing Care rental in Italy Continued . . . Locauto?
- 21 Villa Borghese - Neighborhood restaurants?
- 22 Budapest to Bucharest (2 week trip)
- 23 Rentalcars.com: anyone use this broker for car rental in France?
- 24 Girona, Spain - Restaurant for a Sunday night
- 25 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...