I'm in the early stage of sketching out an itinerary. First of all I need to ask if it would better to travel to the Dordogne in June or September? I can do it either time. I've heard the weather can be better in fall, but not sure if my source is correct.
I'm planning to use public transit & private guides. I just don't want to drive by myself in a foreign country. I've traveled solo many times -- always using trains/ buses (and sometimes local guides in minivans). I've never been to the Dordogne.
Fly into Brussels, train to Bruges 2 or 3 nights
Paris -- 3 or 4 nights
Chenonceaux (the town - next to the famous chateau - I've never been there) 2 nights
Sarlat --4 or 5 nights
(hire a private driver/guide to visit Beynac, La Roque Gageac, Chateau des Milandes, Domme, Font du Gaume -- etc.
Carcassonne (maybe-not sure) 2 nights.
Fly out Toulouse.
(After Previewing my post just now, it struck me that I may not have much fun touring the Dordogne region with a local guide. Hmmm.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 마카오호텔 ...ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้접 속:vtk17.COM.+//
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 5 LIsbon
- 6 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 7 Corfu
- 8 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 9 Back from Paris
- 10 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 11 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 12 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 13 International Flight Question
- 14 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 15 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 16 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 17 Trip suggestion
- 18 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 19 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 20 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 21 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 22 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 23 Dijon in December!
- 24 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 25 Summer Travel order