Wanting some advice and recommendations for the flowing rough itinerary I have made. We have two nights in Bruges, meaning one full day (here's to hoping the weather is great!). We are staying 200m south of Markt. We will do a lot of strolling at night to soak up the gorgeous city once its a little quieter.
I think the day looks busy, but want to know whether it is over packed or not.
Saturday - 28 September
-Arrive at Brussels at 2:15PM from Berlin.
**Contemplating whether to get a car service from Brussels airport straight to hotel or to catch the train from Brussels airport to central, then to Bruges, then taxi to hotel. We have two suitcases and don’t want the stress of having to train swap. Can anyone recommend from their experiences?
-Check in to hotel and then walk to Markt and explore area.
Sunday - 29 September
-Climb all 366 steps to the top of the Belfry (8E each) (opens at 9:30am)
-Basilica of the holy blood (free, museum 2E each)
-Begijnhof Museum (2E each)
- Church of Our Lady (under construction – discounted entry 2E each)
-Canal boat tour
-Refresh at hotel
Google map of the day: http://goo.gl/maps/Re0aq
Monday - 30 September
-Take a horse & carriage ride from the Markt.
-Head to train station to leave at 12:36pm for Amsterdam.
**On the T&C's I have received with the tickets, it doesn't mention whether we have to be there earlier or not. The train is Bruges to Brussels, then Thalys to Amsterdam. There is an 18 minute stop over which I'm assuming is enough time to swap trains. Will I have to arrive to the Bruges station early?
Thank you in advance for all your help!!
Bruges - 1 day itinerary advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 4 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 5 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 6 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 7 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 8 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 9 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 10 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 11 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 12 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 13 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 14 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 15 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 16 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 17 Budget for 3 Month's
- 18 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 19 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 20 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 21 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 22 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 23 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 24 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 25 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary