Wanting some advice and recommendations for the flowing rough itinerary I have made. We have two nights in Bruges, meaning one full day (here's to hoping the weather is great!). We are staying 200m south of Markt. We will do a lot of strolling at night to soak up the gorgeous city once its a little quieter.
I think the day looks busy, but want to know whether it is over packed or not.
Saturday - 28 September
-Arrive at Brussels at 2:15PM from Berlin.
**Contemplating whether to get a car service from Brussels airport straight to hotel or to catch the train from Brussels airport to central, then to Bruges, then taxi to hotel. We have two suitcases and don’t want the stress of having to train swap. Can anyone recommend from their experiences?
-Check in to hotel and then walk to Markt and explore area.
Sunday - 29 September
-Climb all 366 steps to the top of the Belfry (8E each) (opens at 9:30am)
-Basilica of the holy blood (free, museum 2E each)
-Begijnhof Museum (2E each)
- Church of Our Lady (under construction – discounted entry 2E each)
-Canal boat tour
-Refresh at hotel
Google map of the day: http://goo.gl/maps/Re0aq
Monday - 30 September
-Take a horse & carriage ride from the Markt.
-Head to train station to leave at 12:36pm for Amsterdam.
**On the T&C's I have received with the tickets, it doesn't mention whether we have to be there earlier or not. The train is Bruges to Brussels, then Thalys to Amsterdam. There is an 18 minute stop over which I'm assuming is enough time to swap trains. Will I have to arrive to the Bruges station early?
Thank you in advance for all your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 2 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 3 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 4 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 5 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 6 4 days each in London and Paris
- 7 Switzerland in September
- 8 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 9 A few more questions about Brittany
- 10 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 11 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 12 Positano or Sorrento?
- 13 Paris in November
- 14 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 15 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 16 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 17 London Theater
- 18 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 19 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 20 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 23 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 24 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 25 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map