Wanting some advice and recommendations for the flowing rough itinerary I have made. We have two nights in Bruges, meaning one full day (here's to hoping the weather is great!). We are staying 200m south of Markt. We will do a lot of strolling at night to soak up the gorgeous city once its a little quieter.
I think the day looks busy, but want to know whether it is over packed or not.
Saturday - 28 September
-Arrive at Brussels at 2:15PM from Berlin.
**Contemplating whether to get a car service from Brussels airport straight to hotel or to catch the train from Brussels airport to central, then to Bruges, then taxi to hotel. We have two suitcases and don’t want the stress of having to train swap. Can anyone recommend from their experiences?
-Check in to hotel and then walk to Markt and explore area.
Sunday - 29 September
-Climb all 366 steps to the top of the Belfry (8E each) (opens at 9:30am)
-Basilica of the holy blood (free, museum 2E each)
-Begijnhof Museum (2E each)
- Church of Our Lady (under construction – discounted entry 2E each)
-Canal boat tour
-Refresh at hotel
Google map of the day: http://goo.gl/maps/Re0aq
Monday - 30 September
-Take a horse & carriage ride from the Markt.
-Head to train station to leave at 12:36pm for Amsterdam.
**On the T&C's I have received with the tickets, it doesn't mention whether we have to be there earlier or not. The train is Bruges to Brussels, then Thalys to Amsterdam. There is an 18 minute stop over which I'm assuming is enough time to swap trains. Will I have to arrive to the Bruges station early?
Thank you in advance for all your help!!
Bruges - 1 day itinerary advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan Hotel
- 2 Dolce Vita on a Budget?
- 3 8 days Northern Italy/ Switzerland
- 4 one-month itinerary -- what am I missing?
- 5 Germany -Preliminary Planning 2 weeks in Sept/15
- 6 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 7 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 8 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 9 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 10 France to Italy advice needed please
- 11 CDG questions
- 12 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 13 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 14 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 15 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 16 Small wineries and other places Umbria/Tuscan border?
- 17 Côte du Rhône wine road
- 18 Is this the best urban surf spot in the world?
- 19 A Week in Spain
- 20 When to buy companion ticket?
- 21 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 22 South of Switzerland
- 23 Day trip from split to avoid cruise crowds
- 24 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 25 Home Base in Belgium