Wanting some advice and recommendations for the flowing rough itinerary I have made. We have two nights in Bruges, meaning one full day (here's to hoping the weather is great!). We are staying 200m south of Markt. We will do a lot of strolling at night to soak up the gorgeous city once its a little quieter.
I think the day looks busy, but want to know whether it is over packed or not.
Saturday - 28 September
-Arrive at Brussels at 2:15PM from Berlin.
**Contemplating whether to get a car service from Brussels airport straight to hotel or to catch the train from Brussels airport to central, then to Bruges, then taxi to hotel. We have two suitcases and don’t want the stress of having to train swap. Can anyone recommend from their experiences?
-Check in to hotel and then walk to Markt and explore area.
Sunday - 29 September
-Climb all 366 steps to the top of the Belfry (8E each) (opens at 9:30am)
-Basilica of the holy blood (free, museum 2E each)
-Begijnhof Museum (2E each)
- Church of Our Lady (under construction – discounted entry 2E each)
-Canal boat tour
-Refresh at hotel
Google map of the day: http://goo.gl/maps/Re0aq
Monday - 30 September
-Take a horse & carriage ride from the Markt.
-Head to train station to leave at 12:36pm for Amsterdam.
**On the T&C's I have received with the tickets, it doesn't mention whether we have to be there earlier or not. The train is Bruges to Brussels, then Thalys to Amsterdam. There is an 18 minute stop over which I'm assuming is enough time to swap trains. Will I have to arrive to the Bruges station early?
Thank you in advance for all your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A week in and around London at Christmas
- 2 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 3 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 4 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 5 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 6 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 7 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 8 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 9 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 10 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 11 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 12 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 13 Need Information about French Alps
- 14 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 15 Trip to Rome
- 16 Best Indian Food
- 17 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 18 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 19 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 20 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 21 Piedmont as a destination
- 22 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 dinner jackets
- 25 France Itinerary Advice