Wanting some advice and recommendations for the flowing rough itinerary I have made. We have two nights in Bruges, meaning one full day (here's to hoping the weather is great!). We are staying 200m south of Markt. We will do a lot of strolling at night to soak up the gorgeous city once its a little quieter.
I think the day looks busy, but want to know whether it is over packed or not.
Saturday - 28 September
-Arrive at Brussels at 2:15PM from Berlin.
**Contemplating whether to get a car service from Brussels airport straight to hotel or to catch the train from Brussels airport to central, then to Bruges, then taxi to hotel. We have two suitcases and don’t want the stress of having to train swap. Can anyone recommend from their experiences?
-Check in to hotel and then walk to Markt and explore area.
Sunday - 29 September
-Climb all 366 steps to the top of the Belfry (8E each) (opens at 9:30am)
-Basilica of the holy blood (free, museum 2E each)
-Begijnhof Museum (2E each)
- Church of Our Lady (under construction – discounted entry 2E each)
-Canal boat tour
-Refresh at hotel
Google map of the day: http://goo.gl/maps/Re0aq
Monday - 30 September
-Take a horse & carriage ride from the Markt.
-Head to train station to leave at 12:36pm for Amsterdam.
**On the T&C's I have received with the tickets, it doesn't mention whether we have to be there earlier or not. The train is Bruges to Brussels, then Thalys to Amsterdam. There is an 18 minute stop over which I'm assuming is enough time to swap trains. Will I have to arrive to the Bruges station early?
Thank you in advance for all your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 2 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 3 3 days to spend in europe
- 4 Renting bed linens and towels
- 5 Hike from Muotta Naluns
- 6 Pre-paid International Calling Cards
- 7 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 8 Amalfi coast
- 9 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 10 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 11 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 12 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 13 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 14 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 15 Beaches in Southern France
- 16 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 17 rental car outskirts of Rome
- 18 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 19 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 20 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 21 French lavender and cottages
- 22 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 23 Rome to Pompeii, luggage goes where?
- 24 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 25 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik