In a few years I hope to be buying my first home. I am interested in living in the UK, within reach of the beach and the train to Germany. But I'd also like to live in a quiet village with pubs, bakery, corner store, ice cream shop within walking distance. And a grocer not too far away. And decent restaurants a little farther. Can anybody give me an idea about good places to look. My budget will probably be 158,000 pounds. Looking for a 2 bedroom with not too much of a garden. Big bedrooms, big living room. And room for a garage, includes shed would be ideal.
browsing homes for sale in Kent
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Trieste as a day trip?
- 2 Euro Train
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 5 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 6 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 7 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 8 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 9 Spain - Andalucia
- 10 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 11 One more last question on Bayeux
- 12 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 13 banger rally around europe?
- 14 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 15 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 16 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 17 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 18 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 19 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 20 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 21 Trip around Spain
- 22 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 23 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 24 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 25 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.