We are heading to Europe in May and would like some suggestion/critique on our route from Normandy to Brittany. We are in our early 30s and have been traveling quite a bit past few years. Our biggest interests are good food, historic architecture & beautiful scenery.
We plan to spend first 3 nights in Paris to get over the jetlag. Then take the train to Rouen and rent a car there to explore the Normandy and Brittany coast for 4 nights. Here is the draft of our itinerary starting day 4:
Day 4: Train from Paris to Rouen. Get rental car, leave luggage in rental car that park in the rental parking lot, and check out Rouen. Then drive to Honfluer. Stay the night here.
Day 5: Check out the cliff of Etretat, Le Harve and Bayeux. Stay in Bayeux.
Day 6: D Day beach, then drive to Dinan. Stay in Dinan.
Day 7: Check out Mont St Michel in the early morning. Then explore St Malo/ Cancale (since we love oyster). Stay in Dinan
Day 8: Return car to Rennes and take train back to Paris.
Please critique on the itinerary and the base cities that I chose. Also any accomodation recommendation in these cities would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 2 Tours through Spain and Portugal
- 3 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 4 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 5 Charming areas to explore in London
- 6 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 7 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 8 Italy Dolomites in early April
- 9 I may be wrong....
- 10 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 11 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 12 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 13 Cornwall UK
- 14 Need Mobile phone advice for Italy
- 15 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 16 Hydra, Greece
- 17 travel around Spain
- 18 credit and debit cards
- 19 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 20 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 21 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 22 8 Hours in Rome
- 23 Golf Partner in Istanbul
- 24 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 25 Cash machines ATM