Went out to an Indian restaurant last night and on the menu was what it said was "Britain's national dish" - Tandoori Tikka Masal - a dish supposedly created for British tastes by Bangladeshi or Indian cooks.
The menu also said that there was no tea in India before the British took over.
But back to Britain's national dish - tikka masal - REALLY!
I would have thunk it were Yorkshire Pud or Fish and Chips or Spag Bol - is there any such thing considered Britain's national dish - is it really Tikka Masala?
Britain's National Dish? Tikka Masala?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 2 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 3 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 4 Three ferries to Mull
- 5 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 6 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 7 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 8 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 9 Airport ATMs
- 10 American Express
- 11 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 12 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 13 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 14 MY OWN physique are not That attractive
- 15 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 16 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 17 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 18 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 19 Which european city?
- 20 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 21 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 22 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 23 All Set To Go!!
- 24 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 25 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?