Went out to an Indian restaurant last night and on the menu was what it said was "Britain's national dish" - Tandoori Tikka Masal - a dish supposedly created for British tastes by Bangladeshi or Indian cooks.
The menu also said that there was no tea in India before the British took over.
But back to Britain's national dish - tikka masal - REALLY!
I would have thunk it were Yorkshire Pud or Fish and Chips or Spag Bol - is there any such thing considered Britain's national dish - is it really Tikka Masala?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 2 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 3 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 4 Paris weather
- 5 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 6 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 7 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 8 Day trip from Munich to Salzburg?
- 9 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 10 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 11 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 12 Sardegna in Sept/Oct - please help!
- 13 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 14 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 15 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 16 Dinge B&B
- 17 Antwerp Tram
- 18 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 19 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 20 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 21 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 22 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 23 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 24 Alhambra
- 25 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle