Went out to an Indian restaurant last night and on the menu was what it said was "Britain's national dish" - Tandoori Tikka Masal - a dish supposedly created for British tastes by Bangladeshi or Indian cooks.
The menu also said that there was no tea in India before the British took over.
But back to Britain's national dish - tikka masal - REALLY!
I would have thunk it were Yorkshire Pud or Fish and Chips or Spag Bol - is there any such thing considered Britain's national dish - is it really Tikka Masala?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT Tec*h care 24/7dj
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Italy Car Scam
- 4 God Save the Queen?
- 5 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 6 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 9 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 11 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 12 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 13 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 14 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 15 Paris to Italy
- 16 9 Days in Spain
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 19 Frankfurt to UK
- 20 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 21 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 22 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 23 Iceland
- 24 Milan or Turin
- 25 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague