I've been traveling the rails in Britain for decades - usually with some kind of BritRail Pass and have used probably 30 passes all told on separate trips. In previous days as a travel writer i researched and wrote many things about Britain and British trains.
I totally love trains in general and British ones in particular. They are not nearly the most modern in Europe, the most comfortable nor certainly the most punctual, but every train ride in Britain is to me an adventure, a good way to meet the locals and just a great way to get around as there are trains at least hourly going practically everywhere the normal tourist will want to go.
I'm intending this thread for folks pondering a British rail trip who really have little knowledge of what it's all about - to understand the rail system, give sample itineraries, explain all about passes and point to point regular tickets which, depending on plans, can be the better option, etc. In all i will seek to show why the British train option is a great way, especially for novice British visitors to tour the country (and of course not have to deal with driving on the 'wrong' side of the road)
Questions and comments from others about their experiences are welcomed anytime as are comments from others experienced in the ins and out of the British Rail system.
Dr Richard Beeching; PhD in British Rail Studies, Univ of Oxbridge, England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 아비아카지노게임→汉【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】汉←슈퍼카지노아비아카지노게임
- 2 카지노배팅게임→与【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】与←슈퍼카지노카지노배팅게임
- 3 월드스타게임→广【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】广←슈퍼카지노월드스타게임
- 4 라이브룰렛게임→飞【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】飞←슈퍼카지노라이브룰렛게임
- 5 해외카지노게임→了【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】了←슈퍼카지노해외카지노게임
- 6 라이브바둑이게임→冷【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】冷←슈퍼카지노라이브바둑이게임
- 7 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 8 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 9 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 10 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 11 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 12 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 13 Travel by car from Venice to Croatia
- 14 Day Planning Help Required ..
- 15 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 16 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 17 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 18 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 19 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 20 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 21 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 22 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 25 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice