Just a brief warning concerning the Budapest west-bound trains.
Unfortunately nowadays we are seriously hit by the so called "illegal-legal immigration over-flooding" problem. Every day the Hungarian border police stops, detains, escorts to refugee camps 11-15 hundred people. EVERY single day. All this happens along the border with Serbia. This is the main reason the government has started the construction of 12 feet high and almost 110 miles long wall, all along the above mentioned border. For the time being there is no other single chance to stop that nightmarish influx. I do not want to get involved in any political comments or whatsoever. This is a given fact, take it as granted. By the end of July their number gets close to 80,000. This is a bit shocking, but again this is a fact.
Now, the reason I am writing this comment:
Thousands of refugees still manage to get to the Keleti or Nyugati train stations. Some days those places resemble more like a market place somewhere in Kabul, Colombo or Kosovo.
Quite often there are serious problems to get on the Austria-Germany bond trains. Even when you have valid tickets. Expect delays (this happens when the Hungarian police officers try to persuade some of the refugees to get off the train and some guys/girls are not really happy to obey the orders) and other small annoyances. Those people payed enormous amounts of money to get to the promised land and they really keen on reaching their final destinations, like Britain, Germany or France. Unfortunately we were happened to came across their path...
So plan your journey carefully when you have to get to the airport in Vienna etc., or change trains, whatever. Book your tickets in advance and leave yourself some extra journey time.
I am not trying to scare you or bring on panic. No! I just want you to be ready for any unpleasant surprise.
Maybe you will have the most pleasant ride on a train from Budapest to Vienna, Munich etc., but be ready for the opposite as well. Just in case.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3nights in Venice
- 2 총판토토 ♣kakao: BL45★텔레그램 : kor7m★
- 3 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 4 Paris in November
- 5 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 6 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 7 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 8 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 9 Munich itinerary review
- 10 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 11 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 12 Football Tickets - Athens
- 13 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 14 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 15 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 16 Last minute trip to Capri
- 17 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 18 Earthquake near Naples
- 19 Budapest to Kosice
- 20 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 21 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 22 My 3 days in Venice
- 23 multi city flights to europe
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
Briefing on train journeys from Budapest. Refugees problem.