I am planning my first trip outside of the US. I am a 28 year old female traveling to Italy in August alone...which is a little scary! That being said, this is my dream trip and I am looking forward to having the freedom to do whatever *I* want to do!
I have read so much but am looking for a little help on planning the logistics and finding out if my tentative plans are actually feasible. I have a flight but no hotels, which is the next project (hoping I can get them because I know this is late!)
My current, constantly fluid plans:
Fly into Venice in the morning, possibly take the afternoon to get the express tour of Venice - I will be met by relatives that live in Nave/Brescia.
Spend 3 more days in the Brescia/Lake Garda area where I will be staying with family who will be showing me around. I can't wait to see where my family comes from!
Take a train to Sorrento (hopefully see a little bit of Sorrento), then a hydrofoil to Positano (this is a major priority for me).
Stay in Positano for about 3 days, then travel by bus to Naples (hopefully see a tiny slice of Naples), and get a train to Rome.
Spend 5 days in Rome, then fly home.
I also want to see Pompeii - could I do this "on the way" on a traveling day or does it need to be a separate trip? I love history so I am excited about this.
Is this all feasible, any suggestions on hotels, etc? Is there anything huge I am missing???
ANY suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 3 릴게임신천지여신 ▣ 홈피:≫vtk15.com≪
- 4 Another tipping question: concierges
- 5 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 6 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 7 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 8 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 9 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 10 Trip suggestion
- 11 Spain in July
- 12 Back from Paris
- 13 Summer Travel order
- 14 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 15 LIsbon
- 16 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 17 Corfu
- 18 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 19 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 20 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 21 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 22 International Flight Question
- 23 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 24 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 25 great hotel and food in Lyon