I am planning my first trip outside of the US. I am a 28 year old female traveling to Italy in August alone...which is a little scary! That being said, this is my dream trip and I am looking forward to having the freedom to do whatever *I* want to do!
I have read so much but am looking for a little help on planning the logistics and finding out if my tentative plans are actually feasible. I have a flight but no hotels, which is the next project (hoping I can get them because I know this is late!)
My current, constantly fluid plans:
Fly into Venice in the morning, possibly take the afternoon to get the express tour of Venice - I will be met by relatives that live in Nave/Brescia.
Spend 3 more days in the Brescia/Lake Garda area where I will be staying with family who will be showing me around. I can't wait to see where my family comes from!
Take a train to Sorrento (hopefully see a little bit of Sorrento), then a hydrofoil to Positano (this is a major priority for me).
Stay in Positano for about 3 days, then travel by bus to Naples (hopefully see a tiny slice of Naples), and get a train to Rome.
Spend 5 days in Rome, then fly home.
I also want to see Pompeii - could I do this "on the way" on a traveling day or does it need to be a separate trip? I love history so I am excited about this.
Is this all feasible, any suggestions on hotels, etc? Is there anything huge I am missing???
ANY suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 2 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 3 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 4 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 5 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 6 Whathello Paris
- 7 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 8 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 9 Athens Help
- 10 Crete Holiday
- 11 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 12 Travel in Europe
- 13 Rome to Venice
- 14 Bordeaux to Nice
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 17 November in Rome
- 18 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 19 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 20 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 21 Trains in Italy
- 22 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 23 Sicily help
- 24 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 25 Christmas markets