I am planning my first trip outside of the US. I am a 28 year old female traveling to Italy in August alone...which is a little scary! That being said, this is my dream trip and I am looking forward to having the freedom to do whatever *I* want to do!
I have read so much but am looking for a little help on planning the logistics and finding out if my tentative plans are actually feasible. I have a flight but no hotels, which is the next project (hoping I can get them because I know this is late!)
My current, constantly fluid plans:
Fly into Venice in the morning, possibly take the afternoon to get the express tour of Venice - I will be met by relatives that live in Nave/Brescia.
Spend 3 more days in the Brescia/Lake Garda area where I will be staying with family who will be showing me around. I can't wait to see where my family comes from!
Take a train to Sorrento (hopefully see a little bit of Sorrento), then a hydrofoil to Positano (this is a major priority for me).
Stay in Positano for about 3 days, then travel by bus to Naples (hopefully see a tiny slice of Naples), and get a train to Rome.
Spend 5 days in Rome, then fly home.
I also want to see Pompeii - could I do this "on the way" on a traveling day or does it need to be a separate trip? I love history so I am excited about this.
Is this all feasible, any suggestions on hotels, etc? Is there anything huge I am missing???
ANY suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 2 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 3 The DCC scam is spreading
- 4 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Getting around London
- 7 Paris in August
- 8 Train travel to and from Paris
- 9 Christmas in Spain
- 10 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 11 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 12 Vigo Spain????
- 13 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 14 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 15 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 16 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 17 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 18 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 19 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 20 Andalucia Spain
- 21 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 22 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 23 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 24 SURPRISE TRIP
- 25 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?