I am planning my first trip outside of the US. I am a 28 year old female traveling to Italy in August alone...which is a little scary! That being said, this is my dream trip and I am looking forward to having the freedom to do whatever *I* want to do!
I have read so much but am looking for a little help on planning the logistics and finding out if my tentative plans are actually feasible. I have a flight but no hotels, which is the next project (hoping I can get them because I know this is late!)
My current, constantly fluid plans:
Fly into Venice in the morning, possibly take the afternoon to get the express tour of Venice - I will be met by relatives that live in Nave/Brescia.
Spend 3 more days in the Brescia/Lake Garda area where I will be staying with family who will be showing me around. I can't wait to see where my family comes from!
Take a train to Sorrento (hopefully see a little bit of Sorrento), then a hydrofoil to Positano (this is a major priority for me).
Stay in Positano for about 3 days, then travel by bus to Naples (hopefully see a tiny slice of Naples), and get a train to Rome.
Spend 5 days in Rome, then fly home.
I also want to see Pompeii - could I do this "on the way" on a traveling day or does it need to be a separate trip? I love history so I am excited about this.
Is this all feasible, any suggestions on hotels, etc? Is there anything huge I am missing???
ANY suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 2 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 5 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 6 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 7 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 8 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 9 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 10 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 11 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 12 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 13 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 14 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 15 Questions about Polish sights
- 16 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 17 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 18 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 19 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 20 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 21 Ireland travel passport question
- 22 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 23 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 24 Italy
- 25 Revised itinerary for italy