Good evening, all;
DH and I have a quick 2 days in London on our way to France to catch a cruise. We first went to London 30 years ago for our honeymoon, and have been back several times since then. This will be our 9th opportunity to spend time in London. (I'm not as frequent of a visitor as janisj, but it's my goal!).
We have our two days pretty well plotted out, I think:
We're arriving from the U.S. on a Thursday night 9:30p, and we're hoping that by flying during the day, we're tired when we land, can go to sleep at a reasonable time, and avoid most of the jet lag. (If anyone has a experience with a daytime flight over, I'd love to hear it.)
Day 1 --
Tickets to tour the Palace of Westminster at 9:40a (the tour should last about 2 hours)
Lunch at Borough Market (one of our favorite places)
Temple Church -- There is a London Walks tour of the Inns of Court at 2p. Does anyone know if this tour goes in to Temple Church as well?
Dinner reservations at 8p.
Day 2 --
We're looking for a good place for a full English breakfast somewhere near our hotel (Hotel Indigo -- Paddington, located on London St.). I'd love suggestions if anyone has someplace specific in mind. I think we'd like someplace where we can linger over tea and the paper.
We're planning (weather permitting) to spend the rest of the day walking down the Thames Path from Putney to Richmond.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 2 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 3 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 4 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 5 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 6 Rethinking my late September vacation in Madrid/Andalusia – Italy instead?
- 7 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 8 Hotels in Turin
- 9 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 10 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 11 Best layover option
- 12 3 months in Bristol
- 13 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 14 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 15 Summer Mountain Retreats
- 16 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 17 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 18 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 19 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 20 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 21 TravelCard vs Oyster
- 22 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 23 Chania or Rhodes Town
- 24 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 25 Lake Como AREA questions
Good evening, all;