Good evening, all;
DH and I have a quick 2 days in London on our way to France to catch a cruise. We first went to London 30 years ago for our honeymoon, and have been back several times since then. This will be our 9th opportunity to spend time in London. (I'm not as frequent of a visitor as janisj, but it's my goal!).
We have our two days pretty well plotted out, I think:
We're arriving from the U.S. on a Thursday night 9:30p, and we're hoping that by flying during the day, we're tired when we land, can go to sleep at a reasonable time, and avoid most of the jet lag. (If anyone has a experience with a daytime flight over, I'd love to hear it.)
Day 1 --
Tickets to tour the Palace of Westminster at 9:40a (the tour should last about 2 hours)
Lunch at Borough Market (one of our favorite places)
Temple Church -- There is a London Walks tour of the Inns of Court at 2p. Does anyone know if this tour goes in to Temple Church as well?
Dinner reservations at 8p.
Day 2 --
We're looking for a good place for a full English breakfast somewhere near our hotel (Hotel Indigo -- Paddington, located on London St.). I'd love suggestions if anyone has someplace specific in mind. I think we'd like someplace where we can linger over tea and the paper.
We're planning (weather permitting) to spend the rest of the day walking down the Thames Path from Putney to Richmond.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 2 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 3 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 4 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 5 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 6 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 7 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 8 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 11 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 12 Cell Phone Question
- 13 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 14 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 15 Greek Islands (small)
- 16 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 17 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 18 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 19 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 20 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 21 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 22 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 23 Help required with Itinerary
- 24 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
Good evening, all;