Good evening, all;
DH and I have a quick 2 days in London on our way to France to catch a cruise. We first went to London 30 years ago for our honeymoon, and have been back several times since then. This will be our 9th opportunity to spend time in London. (I'm not as frequent of a visitor as janisj, but it's my goal!).
We have our two days pretty well plotted out, I think:
We're arriving from the U.S. on a Thursday night 9:30p, and we're hoping that by flying during the day, we're tired when we land, can go to sleep at a reasonable time, and avoid most of the jet lag. (If anyone has a experience with a daytime flight over, I'd love to hear it.)
Day 1 --
Tickets to tour the Palace of Westminster at 9:40a (the tour should last about 2 hours)
Lunch at Borough Market (one of our favorite places)
Temple Church -- There is a London Walks tour of the Inns of Court at 2p. Does anyone know if this tour goes in to Temple Church as well?
Dinner reservations at 8p.
Day 2 --
We're looking for a good place for a full English breakfast somewhere near our hotel (Hotel Indigo -- Paddington, located on London St.). I'd love suggestions if anyone has someplace specific in mind. I think we'd like someplace where we can linger over tea and the paper.
We're planning (weather permitting) to spend the rest of the day walking down the Thames Path from Putney to Richmond.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 3 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 4 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 5 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 6 An evening in London
- 7 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 8 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 9 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 10 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 11 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 12 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 13 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 14 Trains in Italy
- 15 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 Apartment Montreux area
- 18 Rome or Venice first
- 19 Europe First Timers
- 20 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 21 Safety in Rome
- 22 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 23 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 24 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 25 Chur or St Moritz?
Good evening, all;