I'm planning a six day trip to Bratislava and Vienna in late July/early August. We're staying one night in Bratislava, and then going to Vienna for four nights.
We haven't booked accommodation in Bratislava yet, since we are looking at apartments and don't really know what to trust and not.
Any suggestions on hidden gems, or must do's in either cities?
We're also thinking about a day trip to Dürnstein to do a bit of hiking or just relaxing, then going back to Vienna again in the evening. However, it seems that no boats will go there those particular dates. Suppose the easiest option is by train? I just read that people think that Krems is overrated, so we'll just go through it by train and not stop there. Any suggestions about what to see/do in Dürnstein?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drinks in Spain
- 2 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 3 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 4 Gelato course in Rome?
- 5 Ali
- 6 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 7 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 8 Too much for one day?
- 9 Travel WiFi - France
- 10 Norfolk base
- 11 Lipari to Capri??
- 12 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 13 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 14 Iceland Trip report
- 15 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 16 12 days europe
- 17 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 18 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 19 Spain Itinerary Help
- 20 Viator's Tuscany in one day sightseeing tour
- 21 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 22 RFID Protection
- 23 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 24 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 25 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris