I'm planning a six day trip to Bratislava and Vienna in late July/early August. We're staying one night in Bratislava, and then going to Vienna for four nights.
We haven't booked accommodation in Bratislava yet, since we are looking at apartments and don't really know what to trust and not.
Any suggestions on hidden gems, or must do's in either cities?
We're also thinking about a day trip to Dürnstein to do a bit of hiking or just relaxing, then going back to Vienna again in the evening. However, it seems that no boats will go there those particular dates. Suppose the easiest option is by train? I just read that people think that Krems is overrated, so we'll just go through it by train and not stop there. Any suggestions about what to see/do in Dürnstein?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Definitive Guide to Behave Like A Local in Spain
- 2 After Mass, on a Sunday, in Rome
- 3 One Way... trust or bust?
- 4 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 5 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 6 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 7 American Style Restaurants in London
- 8 Walking GPS?
- 9 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 10 July 2-5, 2012 Int'l Philosphy Conference at Assos, Turkey (near Troy)
- 11 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 12 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 13 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 14 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 15 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 16 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 17 Portugal trains
- 18 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 19 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 20 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 21 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 22 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 23 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 24 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 25 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?