I'm planning a six day trip to Bratislava and Vienna in late July/early August. We're staying one night in Bratislava, and then going to Vienna for four nights.
We haven't booked accommodation in Bratislava yet, since we are looking at apartments and don't really know what to trust and not.
Any suggestions on hidden gems, or must do's in either cities?
We're also thinking about a day trip to Dürnstein to do a bit of hiking or just relaxing, then going back to Vienna again in the evening. However, it seems that no boats will go there those particular dates. Suppose the easiest option is by train? I just read that people think that Krems is overrated, so we'll just go through it by train and not stop there. Any suggestions about what to see/do in Dürnstein?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in London?
- 2 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 3 Visiting Spain in January
- 4 Loving Lisbon
- 5 Booking hotels before trains
- 6 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 7 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 8 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 9 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 10 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 11 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 12 Paris---baguette question???
- 13 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 14 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 15 What type of visa is right for me?
- 16 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 17 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 18 RHK's Fall escape
- 19 1 way ticket
- 20 Vienna to Bratislava
- 21 Need Paris Flight Advice
- 22 Carcassonne or St Guilhem le Desert?
- 23 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 24 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 25 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome