I'm planning a six day trip to Bratislava and Vienna in late July/early August. We're staying one night in Bratislava, and then going to Vienna for four nights.
We haven't booked accommodation in Bratislava yet, since we are looking at apartments and don't really know what to trust and not.
Any suggestions on hidden gems, or must do's in either cities?
We're also thinking about a day trip to Dürnstein to do a bit of hiking or just relaxing, then going back to Vienna again in the evening. However, it seems that no boats will go there those particular dates. Suppose the easiest option is by train? I just read that people think that Krems is overrated, so we'll just go through it by train and not stop there. Any suggestions about what to see/do in Dürnstein?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car necessary in Wengen, Switzerland
- 2 Stonehenge and Bath
- 3 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 4 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 5 Barcelona extension
- 6 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 7 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 8 My First Trip to Europe...
- 9 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 10 From Genoa to Rome...
- 11 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 12 Enjoying England for a year!
- 13 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 14 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 15 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 16 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 17 Seeking apartment recommendations in a Chanti village
- 18 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 19 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 20 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 21 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 22 Layover at Orly - Versailles or Paris?
- 23 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 24 France to stop making foie grois
- 25 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport