I'm planning a six day trip to Bratislava and Vienna in late July/early August. We're staying one night in Bratislava, and then going to Vienna for four nights.
We haven't booked accommodation in Bratislava yet, since we are looking at apartments and don't really know what to trust and not.
Any suggestions on hidden gems, or must do's in either cities?
We're also thinking about a day trip to Dürnstein to do a bit of hiking or just relaxing, then going back to Vienna again in the evening. However, it seems that no boats will go there those particular dates. Suppose the easiest option is by train? I just read that people think that Krems is overrated, so we'll just go through it by train and not stop there. Any suggestions about what to see/do in Dürnstein?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 2 English Countryside
- 3 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 4 Paris Shuttle Service - AVOID!!!!
- 5 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 6 Trains in Alps and UK
- 7 CDG airport and connection time
- 8 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 9 Switzerland
- 10 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 11 San Sebastian
- 12 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 13 car for four adults and four bikes
- 14 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 15 Barcelona cooking classes
- 16 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 17 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 18 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 19 4 days itinerary for France
- 20 French restaurants
- 21 If you had to choose one......
- 22 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 23 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 24 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 25 Itinerary and transportation suggestions