I'm planning a six day trip to Bratislava and Vienna in late July/early August. We're staying one night in Bratislava, and then going to Vienna for four nights.
We haven't booked accommodation in Bratislava yet, since we are looking at apartments and don't really know what to trust and not.
Any suggestions on hidden gems, or must do's in either cities?
We're also thinking about a day trip to Dürnstein to do a bit of hiking or just relaxing, then going back to Vienna again in the evening. However, it seems that no boats will go there those particular dates. Suppose the easiest option is by train? I just read that people think that Krems is overrated, so we'll just go through it by train and not stop there. Any suggestions about what to see/do in Dürnstein?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - best two central locations
- 2 Tour or independent
- 3 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 4 Vet my itinerary
- 5 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 6 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 7 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 8 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 9 Istanbul tour guides?
- 10 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 11 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 12 3 months to travel Europe!
- 13 student in denmark
- 14 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 15 What to see in Dresden...
- 16 Switzerland itinerary help request
- 17 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 18 Sienna with kids
- 19 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 20 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 21 Day River trips from Porto
- 22 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 23 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 24 Just in case anyone is wondering.....
- 25 Places to visits near Porto