I'm planning a six day trip to Bratislava and Vienna in late July/early August. We're staying one night in Bratislava, and then going to Vienna for four nights.
We haven't booked accommodation in Bratislava yet, since we are looking at apartments and don't really know what to trust and not.
Any suggestions on hidden gems, or must do's in either cities?
We're also thinking about a day trip to Dürnstein to do a bit of hiking or just relaxing, then going back to Vienna again in the evening. However, it seems that no boats will go there those particular dates. Suppose the easiest option is by train? I just read that people think that Krems is overrated, so we'll just go through it by train and not stop there. Any suggestions about what to see/do in Dürnstein?
Bratislava/Vienna/Dürnstein in Summer
- 1 Navigo Decouverte
- 2 Student Traveling 2 weeks in France, Italy etc
- 3 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 4 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 5 Cell Phone for Italy travel
- 6 Advice Sought for Train Schedule in Spain
- 7 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 8 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 9 Odessa--7 km bazaar
- 10 Ibiza to Valencia- travel tip request
- 11 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 12 Medieval castles dinner from Galway
- 13 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 14 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 15 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 16 Train tickets
- 17 London on a sunny day
- 18 A chacun son goût
- 19 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 20 Lake Thun/ Lake Brienz in October
- 21 Train from Civitavecchia port to Rome
- 22 Train from Dresden to Nueburg DO in July
- 23 Daytrip from Waterford to Kilkenny
- 24 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 25 Savona - San Remo - where to spend the night?