I'm planning a six day trip to Bratislava and Vienna in late July/early August. We're staying one night in Bratislava, and then going to Vienna for four nights.
We haven't booked accommodation in Bratislava yet, since we are looking at apartments and don't really know what to trust and not.
Any suggestions on hidden gems, or must do's in either cities?
We're also thinking about a day trip to Dürnstein to do a bit of hiking or just relaxing, then going back to Vienna again in the evening. However, it seems that no boats will go there those particular dates. Suppose the easiest option is by train? I just read that people think that Krems is overrated, so we'll just go through it by train and not stop there. Any suggestions about what to see/do in Dürnstein?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Eiffel-tower-shut-staff-walk-
- 2 London-Paris solo trip
- 3 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 4 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 5 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 6 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
- 7 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 8 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 9 Bad Wimpfen or Schwaebisch Hall
- 10 French Prem Train Fares
- 11 Northern Spain
- 12 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 13 Shoppingin Spain
- 14 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 15 Dublin to Dingle?
- 16 To Hampton Court Palace
- 17 Day trip London to Belgium - Help!
- 18 Anyone have a good word to say about Zurich?
- 19 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 20 Scotland for a week with 6 1/2 year old
- 21 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 22 venice to lucca by car
- 23 Train or bus from Annecy to Cully Switzerland
- 24 Athens Hotels Plaka
- 25 Swallows and Amazons! (or a midweek break in the Lake District)