I'm planning a six day trip to Bratislava and Vienna in late July/early August. We're staying one night in Bratislava, and then going to Vienna for four nights.
We haven't booked accommodation in Bratislava yet, since we are looking at apartments and don't really know what to trust and not.
Any suggestions on hidden gems, or must do's in either cities?
We're also thinking about a day trip to Dürnstein to do a bit of hiking or just relaxing, then going back to Vienna again in the evening. However, it seems that no boats will go there those particular dates. Suppose the easiest option is by train? I just read that people think that Krems is overrated, so we'll just go through it by train and not stop there. Any suggestions about what to see/do in Dürnstein?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Road trip with our dog
- 2 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 3 Douro Valley in January?
- 4 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 5 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 6 Munich and....???
- 7 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 8 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 9 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 10 italy Cinque Terre
- 11 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 12 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 13 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 14 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 15 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 16 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 17 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 18 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 19 Spanish Medical Providers
- 20 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 21 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 22 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 23 Can parking
- 24 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 25 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January