I'm planning a six day trip to Bratislava and Vienna in late July/early August. We're staying one night in Bratislava, and then going to Vienna for four nights.
We haven't booked accommodation in Bratislava yet, since we are looking at apartments and don't really know what to trust and not.
Any suggestions on hidden gems, or must do's in either cities?
We're also thinking about a day trip to Dürnstein to do a bit of hiking or just relaxing, then going back to Vienna again in the evening. However, it seems that no boats will go there those particular dates. Suppose the easiest option is by train? I just read that people think that Krems is overrated, so we'll just go through it by train and not stop there. Any suggestions about what to see/do in Dürnstein?
Bratislava/Vienna/Dürnstein in Summer
- 1 Affordable London Hotel
- 2 Just back from 15 days in Switzerland
- 3 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 4 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 5 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 6 lake como (italy) or lugano/lucerne (switzerland)?
- 7 Belgium or Germany with Paris and Amsterdam
- 8 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 9 Help for first timers
- 10 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 11 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 12 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 13 Parisian Pickpockets
- 14 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 15 Paris Ticket t+
- 16 Paris and Amsterdam July 2013 trip
- 17 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 18 Crete: Rental Car Return to Heraklion PORT?
- 19 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 20 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 21 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 22 15 wonderful days of Vino, Gelatos n Esprossos!
- 23 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 24 Benita In Paris
- 25 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report