I'm planning a six day trip to Bratislava and Vienna in late July/early August. We're staying one night in Bratislava, and then going to Vienna for four nights.
We haven't booked accommodation in Bratislava yet, since we are looking at apartments and don't really know what to trust and not.
Any suggestions on hidden gems, or must do's in either cities?
We're also thinking about a day trip to Dürnstein to do a bit of hiking or just relaxing, then going back to Vienna again in the evening. However, it seems that no boats will go there those particular dates. Suppose the easiest option is by train? I just read that people think that Krems is overrated, so we'll just go through it by train and not stop there. Any suggestions about what to see/do in Dürnstein?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 2 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 3 Trek through Eur
- 4 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 5 Paris hotels
- 6 Europe itinerary questions
- 7 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 8 London Hotels
- 9 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 10 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 11 Denmark or Sweden?
- 12 We're here!
- 13 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 14 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 15 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 16 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Amsterdam hotels
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 23 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 24 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 25 Brugge hotel help