I'm planning a six day trip to Bratislava and Vienna in late July/early August. We're staying one night in Bratislava, and then going to Vienna for four nights.
We haven't booked accommodation in Bratislava yet, since we are looking at apartments and don't really know what to trust and not.
Any suggestions on hidden gems, or must do's in either cities?
We're also thinking about a day trip to Dürnstein to do a bit of hiking or just relaxing, then going back to Vienna again in the evening. However, it seems that no boats will go there those particular dates. Suppose the easiest option is by train? I just read that people think that Krems is overrated, so we'll just go through it by train and not stop there. Any suggestions about what to see/do in Dürnstein?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 4 Where to eat in Rome?
- 5 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 6 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 7 Italy travel plan help
- 8 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 9 Thinking about the Fjords
- 10 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 11 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 12 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 13 Alsace to Austria?
- 14 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 15 Budapest language lessons
- 16 Tours in Wales
- 17 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 18 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 19 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 20 barcelona neighborhood
- 21 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 22 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 23 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 24 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 25 Shorts in South of France?