Bratislava, which has been unfairly dubbed "Europe's dullest capital city," is actually quite charming. In many ways, it reminded us of the highly-touted city of Dubrovik with its pedestrianized streets, friendly cafes, and delicious local cuisine. Bratislava is easily accessible from Vienna - a 75-minute cataraman ride will take you from Vienna City Centre to Bratislava Old Town. We spent a half day in Bratislava taking in the many sights with the help of a wonderful tour guide named Zuzana Bianchi. Ms. Bianchi speaks fluent English (as well as German) and is exceedingly knowledgeable about Bratislava's history and tourist sights. We enjoyed her services through an organized tour, but she can be hired on a free-lance basis via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 00421.904.850.699 (mobile).
- 1 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 2 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 3 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 4 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 5 Best area to stay in Rome
- 6 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 7 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 8 Positano: hotel recommendations needed!
- 9 Am I too fat too travel?
- 10 Crete in April
- 11 Finding Somene to Share the Cost of Car Rental with Driver to Tour Southern Tusacany in Mid Oct 2013
- 12 Getting from Tuscany to Lauterbrunnen
- 13 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 14 Paris to Nice or to Cassis on september?
- 15 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 16 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 17 Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.
- 18 Day trip or 1 night in Paris from London (w 7y/o & visiting Disney)
- 19 Trip Report: 10 day trip (with lots of pictures!)
- 20 Paris Ticket t+
- 21 two weeks in Croatia Bosnia and Montenegro
- 22 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 23 convenient hotel in rome for one nignt before heading south
- 24 river cruise choice
- 25 Rental Car Pick-Up near Beaune