Bratislava, which has been unfairly dubbed "Europe's dullest capital city," is actually quite charming. In many ways, it reminded us of the highly-touted city of Dubrovik with its pedestrianized streets, friendly cafes, and delicious local cuisine. Bratislava is easily accessible from Vienna - a 75-minute cataraman ride will take you from Vienna City Centre to Bratislava Old Town. We spent a half day in Bratislava taking in the many sights with the help of a wonderful tour guide named Zuzana Bianchi. Ms. Bianchi speaks fluent English (as well as German) and is exceedingly knowledgeable about Bratislava's history and tourist sights. We enjoyed her services through an organized tour, but she can be hired on a free-lance basis via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 00421.904.850.699 (mobile).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 2 A weekend in Europe--where to go?
- 3 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 4 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 5 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 6 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 7 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 8 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 9 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 10 Croatia itinerary
- 11 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 12 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 13 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 14 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 15 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 16 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 17 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 18 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 19 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 20 Visit to Bath and London england
- 21 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 22 10 days in England
- 23 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 24 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 25 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??