I haven’t been to Braga but I know it’s famous for its religious significance. I simply want to visit Portugal’s most attractive towns/cities, like Coimbra and Lisbon. If Braga is generally among the country’s most beautiful destinations with good energy, then I want to visit it. However, if Braga is mostly a ‘special interest’ kind of place, a place specifically for religion-focused tourists, then I would prefer to skip it. Of course, I enjoy pretty churches, but churches that compliment an otherwise beautiful town or city. So, what do you think? Also, what do you generally think of Aveiro, Guimarães & Porto? Are any of these among the country’s most attractive destinations?
Braga Among Portugal’s Prettiest Towns or Mostly a Religious Destination?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip but no PIN
- 2 What still confounds you about travel?
- 3 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 4 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 5 Foie gras, redux
- 6 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 7 Dublin Tour Companies
- 8 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 9 Day trips from Seville
- 10 Oktoberfest reservations
- 11 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 12 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 13 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 14 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 15 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 16 Southern France
- 17 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 18 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 19 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 20 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 21 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 22 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 23 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 24 Train to Airport in Venice
- 25 Golfing in Ireland