We'll be in these 3 countries in May/June. I'm wondering if their cultures are similar to that of France--it's polite and appreciated when you say various greetings in the native language: hello & goodbye in stores & restaurants, please, thank you, etc. Would it be worthwhile to learn some phrases, or will we hear English everywhere we go (we'll be primarily in tourist areas, but driving a lot through the countryside)? Thanks in advance for any info you can pass along
Bosnia/Croatia/Slovenia Etiquette & Language
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 2 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 3 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 4 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted
- 5 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 6 Athens and which islands?
- 7 Please, please help us plan our trip to Europe!
- 8 Neuschwanstein to Linderhof by car
- 9 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 10 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 11 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 12 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 13 driving country-to-country: so many questions
- 14 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 15 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 16 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 17 Help with 3 week Itenarary... Ireland (dublin) & Paris.. possibly London.
- 18 Which Car to book at CDG in May 2015? Do you get Complimentary Upgrade?
- 19 8 day May Road Trip - Best of France
- 20 5 days in France-What do we do!?
- 21 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 22 Cell phone use in Europe for dummies
- 23 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 24 Trans-Siberian Railway
- 25 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )