We'll be in these 3 countries in May/June. I'm wondering if their cultures are similar to that of France--it's polite and appreciated when you say various greetings in the native language: hello & goodbye in stores & restaurants, please, thank you, etc. Would it be worthwhile to learn some phrases, or will we hear English everywhere we go (we'll be primarily in tourist areas, but driving a lot through the countryside)? Thanks in advance for any info you can pass along
Bosnia/Croatia/Slovenia Etiquette & Language
View all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 2 Family European winter holiday
- 3 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 4 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 5 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 6 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 7 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 8 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 9 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 10 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 11 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 12 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 13 15 days in Europe,
- 14 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 15 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 16 London for Christmas
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 19 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 20 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 21 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 22 To Paris and Provence in June
- 23 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 24 Travel by train or bus
- 25 Planning a holiday