Today's NYTimes carries this article about sniffing dogs being routinely used to check folks crossing borders for undeclared cash - and the check can be done anywhere - like in Paris' Gare du Nord where they nabbed a former French ambassador boarding a train for Belgium with hundreds of thousands of undeclared euros.
And French customs officials also routinely use dogs to check arriving passengers from Amsterdam originating Thalys trains for drugs.
So a borderless Europe sounds great and is but if you have any contraband to hide don't be fooled into thinking borderless means like noi Customs lurking about!
And I see the reason for the money checks - money laundering - heck even a former French budget official was nabbed!
My experience with borderless Eurorpe was on a night train from Amsterdam to Munich where I was aroused around 2 am near Stuttgart by two gestapo-like German officials and dragged with all my possessions to a baggage car and had every little think strewn around and inspected - including as final thing, my prostrate checked!
They found nothing - made no apology but said you're free to go - leaving mounds of my belongings thrown all over.
Bordlerless Eurorpe sounds good but for me at least if was not and I was totally innocent, probably being a mix-up case - I mean a senior citizen being dragged out of sleep and them subjected to gestapo like tactics and never even hearing a 'thank you' or 'we're sorry'!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 카지노베이주소■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■마블카지노ゃ마블카지노
- 2 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 3 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 4 Sintra
- 5 Scotland Trip Report
- 6 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 7 Barcelona summer 2017 -- brainstorm with me
- 8 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 9 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 10 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 11 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 12 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 13 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 14 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 15 Kayaking in Avignon
- 16 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 17 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 18 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 19 4 days in Provence in early June
- 20 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 21 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 22 Cordoba Overnight?
- 23 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 24 France Itinerary Advice
- 25 Crete/Athens June 2017