DH and I have decided to spend about a week in Bordeaux in May, flying into and out of Bordeaux airport [the flights there are extremely cheap for that time of year and we can fly from our local airport at convenient times so it's a no-brainer for somewhere to go].
We went to the area many years ago [30 ish] on our way to Spain, and have spent a week or so near Sarlat with the kids more recently, but never spent any time in Bordeaux.
Our provisional itinerary is to fly into Bordeaux on Saturday [we arrive late afternoon] stay 2 nights, then pick up a car from the station, returning to Bordeaux airport the following Saturday morning for the flight home.
Is a day [Sunday] and 2 nights long enough to see the main sights of Bordeaux? My sort of plan thereafter is to spend a couple of nights in/near Bourg but I don't have much idea after that.
any and all suggestions gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 하이원바카라■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■슈퍼카지노カ슈퍼카지노
- 2 A week in Paris
- 3 38 Days in Paris
- 4 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 5 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 6 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 7 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 8 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 9 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 10 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 11 advance tickets?
- 12 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 13 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 14 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 15 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 16 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 17 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 18 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 19 Cordoba Overnight?
- 20 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 21 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 22 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 23 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 24 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 25 What tips can you give about packing?
Bordeaux - how many nights? and what else in a week in that area?