DH and I have decided to spend about a week in Bordeaux in May, flying into and out of Bordeaux airport [the flights there are extremely cheap for that time of year and we can fly from our local airport at convenient times so it's a no-brainer for somewhere to go].
We went to the area many years ago [30 ish] on our way to Spain, and have spent a week or so near Sarlat with the kids more recently, but never spent any time in Bordeaux.
Our provisional itinerary is to fly into Bordeaux on Saturday [we arrive late afternoon] stay 2 nights, then pick up a car from the station, returning to Bordeaux airport the following Saturday morning for the flight home.
Is a day [Sunday] and 2 nights long enough to see the main sights of Bordeaux? My sort of plan thereafter is to spend a couple of nights in/near Bourg but I don't have much idea after that.
any and all suggestions gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 2 12-14 nights enough ?
- 3 Edam, Volendam & Marken day trip?
- 4 Need help with my itinerary
- 5 itinerary planning apps
- 6 Lucerne to Rome on Swiss pass
- 7 Dijon RAVE - My Home in Dijon
- 8 Hurry to France before it loses it's frenchness
- 9 2 Weeks In and out of Paris...Itinerary Help?
- 10 Mt. Etna wakes up
- 11 France is losing the core of its historic provincial towns
- 12 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 13 Transpennine Express-Ticket/No Seat Res
- 14 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 15 Bring US appliances to Germany?
- 16 Tuscany Trip
- 17 Calling all Iceland mavens.
- 18 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 19 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 20 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 21 Where to go in Warsaw and Krakow?
- 22 Updated Southern Croatia Trip (recommendations please)
- 23 5 Days in Bernese Oberland
- 24 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 25 8ish days Zurich to Como...
Bordeaux - how many nights? and what else in a week in that area?