DH and I have decided to spend about a week in Bordeaux in May, flying into and out of Bordeaux airport [the flights there are extremely cheap for that time of year and we can fly from our local airport at convenient times so it's a no-brainer for somewhere to go].
We went to the area many years ago [30 ish] on our way to Spain, and have spent a week or so near Sarlat with the kids more recently, but never spent any time in Bordeaux.
Our provisional itinerary is to fly into Bordeaux on Saturday [we arrive late afternoon] stay 2 nights, then pick up a car from the station, returning to Bordeaux airport the following Saturday morning for the flight home.
Is a day [Sunday] and 2 nights long enough to see the main sights of Bordeaux? My sort of plan thereafter is to spend a couple of nights in/near Bourg but I don't have much idea after that.
any and all suggestions gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 2 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 3 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 4 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 5 Super Cover For Hertz
- 6 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 7 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 8 When to Visit Scotland
- 9 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 10 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 11 Amalfi Coast help
- 12 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 13 Sicily
- 14 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 15 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 16 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 17 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 18 Where to buy Saffron?
- 19 English Countryside
- 20 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 21 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 22 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 23 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 24 4 days itinerary for France
- 25 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
Bordeaux - how many nights? and what else in a week in that area?