We are planning a visit to France late September this year. So far, this is our itinerary for a 15 day trip:
Friday - traveling
Sat - Fly from Paris to Bordeaux- get in noon- rent a car - drive to St. Emilion
Tue- Bordeaux - drive to Cognac?
Wed- Bordeaux - return rental car
Thur-Bordeaux/fly to Dijon
Fri - Dijon - day trip?
Sat- Dijon- train to Beaune
Tues-Dijon/TGV train to Paris (3rd visit to Paris)
Thur-Paris - Giverney (Monet's Garden)
Sat-Paris - Versailles
Background: In our 50's, loves to travel, enjoys good food and wine/cognac, architecture, art, farmers markets, scenery, hiking, biking, 3-4 star hotels accommodations, and blending in and getting to know the locals. We have been to Paris & South of France (Nice, Antibes, St. Raphael, St. Tropez, Cannes, St. Jean Cap Ferrat, Menton, Villafrance), Provence (Avignon, Arles, Aix, Cassis, St. Remy, Les Baux), Annecy, and now we are excited to visit Bordeaux and the Burgundy regions for the first time.
Would appreciate recommendations for hotels & restaurants for St. Emilion, Bordeaux & Paris (Left Bank area). Already have plans to rent an apartment in Dijon.
We plan to rent a car for the Bordeaux area (car rental/airport?) and plan to take the train from Dijon for day trips. We decided to fly from Bordeux to Dijon as we didn't want to spend 7 hours driving there.
Thank you in advance for letting me know about the highlights of your trip you can recommend to us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 온라인 릴 게임 사이트 ▣ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 2 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 3 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 7 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 8 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 9 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 12 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 15 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 16 3 day trip to iceland
- 17 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 18 Alitala
- 19 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 20 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 21 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 23 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 24 celticmoon, a quick question
- 25 Car service from Vienna Airport