I will be visiting Paris for the first time in less than three weeks. I am excited, of course, however I am also stressing about the type of footwear to pack. Naturally, not athletic shoes, as I refuse to do anything remotely active on vacation. Converse is an option, as I saw a lot of those while visiting Ireland last year (it was much warmer then and I opted for ballet flats). I worry about wearing Converse or similar "sneaker" type shoes as it will be cold and/or icy and that just doesn't seem practical. So, I turn to my boots. And therein lies the problem. My absolute most comfortable wear-all-day-and-feel-like-I'm-walking-on-a-cloud boots are my cowboy boots. They are authentic and I wear them for work and play. They dress up, they dress down. But I really don't want to be "that" American girl in Paris. Not that I delude myself into thinking I will blend in, as I am obviously a tourist and I'm ok with that. My husband thinks I'm insane and I should just wear the cowboy boots as they are the most comfortable footwear I own. Also, I plan to take a pair of much more chic black leather boots with a heel for evenings. I am just totally stumped on daytime footwear for January. Thoughts?
Boots in Paris?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 2 Cell phones- London and Paris
- 3 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 4 Olive Oil
- 5 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 6 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 7 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 8 Three Week Graduation Trip to Amsterdam, Bruges, Berlin, and Paris
- 9 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 10 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 11 Wine tour from Verona?
- 12 Paris in 1 Day
- 13 January in Ireland: Recommendations on Lodging?
- 14 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 15 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 16 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 17 Aix En Provence to Marsilles or Nice for a few days?
- 18 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 19 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 20 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 21 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 22 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 23 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 24 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 25 Oslo in early Oct