I will be visiting Paris for the first time in less than three weeks. I am excited, of course, however I am also stressing about the type of footwear to pack. Naturally, not athletic shoes, as I refuse to do anything remotely active on vacation. Converse is an option, as I saw a lot of those while visiting Ireland last year (it was much warmer then and I opted for ballet flats). I worry about wearing Converse or similar "sneaker" type shoes as it will be cold and/or icy and that just doesn't seem practical. So, I turn to my boots. And therein lies the problem. My absolute most comfortable wear-all-day-and-feel-like-I'm-walking-on-a-cloud boots are my cowboy boots. They are authentic and I wear them for work and play. They dress up, they dress down. But I really don't want to be "that" American girl in Paris. Not that I delude myself into thinking I will blend in, as I am obviously a tourist and I'm ok with that. My husband thinks I'm insane and I should just wear the cowboy boots as they are the most comfortable footwear I own. Also, I plan to take a pair of much more chic black leather boots with a heel for evenings. I am just totally stumped on daytime footwear for January. Thoughts?
Boots in Paris?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buy Real EU/USA/UK/Canadian Passports,Driver’s License,ID Cards,Visas
- 2 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 3 Rome Areas to stay
- 4 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 5 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 6 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 7 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 8 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 9 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 10 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 11 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 12 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 13 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 14 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 15 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 16 Careful now in train stations even after security
- 17 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 18 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 19 St Germain
- 20 When to go to Sicily
- 21 Wengen to Torino?
- 22 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 23 Lakes District UK
- 24 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 25 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY