I will be visiting Paris for the first time in less than three weeks. I am excited, of course, however I am also stressing about the type of footwear to pack. Naturally, not athletic shoes, as I refuse to do anything remotely active on vacation. Converse is an option, as I saw a lot of those while visiting Ireland last year (it was much warmer then and I opted for ballet flats). I worry about wearing Converse or similar "sneaker" type shoes as it will be cold and/or icy and that just doesn't seem practical. So, I turn to my boots. And therein lies the problem. My absolute most comfortable wear-all-day-and-feel-like-I'm-walking-on-a-cloud boots are my cowboy boots. They are authentic and I wear them for work and play. They dress up, they dress down. But I really don't want to be "that" American girl in Paris. Not that I delude myself into thinking I will blend in, as I am obviously a tourist and I'm ok with that. My husband thinks I'm insane and I should just wear the cowboy boots as they are the most comfortable footwear I own. Also, I plan to take a pair of much more chic black leather boots with a heel for evenings. I am just totally stumped on daytime footwear for January. Thoughts?
Boots in Paris?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 destination wedding
- 2 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 3 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 4 10 Hours in Brussels
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 8 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 9 Italy
- 10 Accomodation for Eurovision 2014
- 11 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 12 Hotel in Venice
- 13 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 14 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 15 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 16 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 17 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 18 5am arrival in Dublin
- 19 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 20 Ste Remy France
- 21 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 22 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 23 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 24 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 25 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?