I will be visiting Paris for the first time in less than three weeks. I am excited, of course, however I am also stressing about the type of footwear to pack. Naturally, not athletic shoes, as I refuse to do anything remotely active on vacation. Converse is an option, as I saw a lot of those while visiting Ireland last year (it was much warmer then and I opted for ballet flats). I worry about wearing Converse or similar "sneaker" type shoes as it will be cold and/or icy and that just doesn't seem practical. So, I turn to my boots. And therein lies the problem. My absolute most comfortable wear-all-day-and-feel-like-I'm-walking-on-a-cloud boots are my cowboy boots. They are authentic and I wear them for work and play. They dress up, they dress down. But I really don't want to be "that" American girl in Paris. Not that I delude myself into thinking I will blend in, as I am obviously a tourist and I'm ok with that. My husband thinks I'm insane and I should just wear the cowboy boots as they are the most comfortable footwear I own. Also, I plan to take a pair of much more chic black leather boots with a heel for evenings. I am just totally stumped on daytime footwear for January. Thoughts?
Boots in Paris?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 2 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 3 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 4 Madrid and London
- 5 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 6 car rental advice in Portugal
- 7 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 8 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Chip but no PIN
- 11 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 12 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 13 Small group for Colosseum
- 14 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 15 Lofoten ferry
- 16 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 17 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 18 Unique Venice Activity
- 19 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 20 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 21 Duoro river cruises
- 22 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 23 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 24 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 25 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?