Here in California my 7 year old is required to be in a booster (we use a backless version), and my 9 year old is not required to because she is about 80 pounds and 140 cm tall.
So in planning our trip and car rental logistics, I realized the laws have changed in the last 5 years about booster seats and that my 9 year old---who will actually turn 10 during our trip---will technically be required to be in a booster.
To make matters worse, in googling which booster seat models are certified for the EU and what is required, I've come upon the many youtube videos of the dangers of backless models.
So now I've gone from being willing to schlep the one small backless booster to thinking we should err on the safe side and bring 1 full back booster for the smaller child and 1 backless booster for the 9---almost 10---year old.
My husband thinks I'm nuts and doesn't want to carry more than 1 backless booster.
What would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast help
- 2 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 5 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 6 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 7 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 8 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 9 Ireland in April
- 10 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 11 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 12 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 13 A few days outside Rome
- 14 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 17 CDG airport and connection time
- 18 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 19 Paris Metro
- 20 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 21 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 22 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 23 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 24 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 25 EATING IN LISBON..first visit