Here in California my 7 year old is required to be in a booster (we use a backless version), and my 9 year old is not required to because she is about 80 pounds and 140 cm tall.
So in planning our trip and car rental logistics, I realized the laws have changed in the last 5 years about booster seats and that my 9 year old---who will actually turn 10 during our trip---will technically be required to be in a booster.
To make matters worse, in googling which booster seat models are certified for the EU and what is required, I've come upon the many youtube videos of the dangers of backless models.
So now I've gone from being willing to schlep the one small backless booster to thinking we should err on the safe side and bring 1 full back booster for the smaller child and 1 backless booster for the 9---almost 10---year old.
My husband thinks I'm nuts and doesn't want to carry more than 1 backless booster.
What would you do?
Booster seats for 7 and 9 year old in France
- 1 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 2 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 3 2 Week European Itinerary
- 4 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 5 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 6 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 7 To Paris and Provence in June
- 8 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 9 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 10 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 11 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 12 Family European winter holiday
- 13 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 14 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 15 Car in Prague
- 16 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 17 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 18 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 19 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 20 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 21 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 22 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 23 Rome Accommodation
- 24 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 25 Where to stop on Italy's west coast