Here in California my 7 year old is required to be in a booster (we use a backless version), and my 9 year old is not required to because she is about 80 pounds and 140 cm tall.
So in planning our trip and car rental logistics, I realized the laws have changed in the last 5 years about booster seats and that my 9 year old---who will actually turn 10 during our trip---will technically be required to be in a booster.
To make matters worse, in googling which booster seat models are certified for the EU and what is required, I've come upon the many youtube videos of the dangers of backless models.
So now I've gone from being willing to schlep the one small backless booster to thinking we should err on the safe side and bring 1 full back booster for the smaller child and 1 backless booster for the 9---almost 10---year old.
My husband thinks I'm nuts and doesn't want to carry more than 1 backless booster.
What would you do?
Booster seats for 7 and 9 year old in France
- 1 Nuremberg Christkindlsmarkt Opening 2013
- 2 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 5 Le Marche and Rome - Part 1
- 6 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 7 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 8 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 9 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 10 Place to propose
- 11 Portugal in September
- 12 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 13 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 14 Prague to Dresen on the train
- 15 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 16 Can someone tell me about the area around Castelfiorentino?
- 17 Need help deciding - Italy or Spain in winter
- 18 Budapest Vienna Munich - March 2014
- 19 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 20 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 21 An Solo Ameircan in Paris
- 22 Itinerary Questions
- 23 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 24 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 25 Train travel in Europe