Here in California my 7 year old is required to be in a booster (we use a backless version), and my 9 year old is not required to because she is about 80 pounds and 140 cm tall.
So in planning our trip and car rental logistics, I realized the laws have changed in the last 5 years about booster seats and that my 9 year old---who will actually turn 10 during our trip---will technically be required to be in a booster.
To make matters worse, in googling which booster seat models are certified for the EU and what is required, I've come upon the many youtube videos of the dangers of backless models.
So now I've gone from being willing to schlep the one small backless booster to thinking we should err on the safe side and bring 1 full back booster for the smaller child and 1 backless booster for the 9---almost 10---year old.
My husband thinks I'm nuts and doesn't want to carry more than 1 backless booster.
What would you do?
Booster seats for 7 and 9 year old in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 2 Help with a small island in Greece
- 3 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 4 When is it best to go to Iceland to see the northern lights?
- 5 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 6 International driving permit required in France?
- 7 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 8 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 9 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 10 Mykonos - to rent a car or to not.
- 11 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 12 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 13 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 14 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 15 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 16 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 17 Versailles King's Chamber Tour
- 18 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 19 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 20 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 21 Planning to visit Barcelona and Santander in the fall next year
- 22 things in Rhonda
- 23 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 24 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 25 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.