Here in California my 7 year old is required to be in a booster (we use a backless version), and my 9 year old is not required to because she is about 80 pounds and 140 cm tall.
So in planning our trip and car rental logistics, I realized the laws have changed in the last 5 years about booster seats and that my 9 year old---who will actually turn 10 during our trip---will technically be required to be in a booster.
To make matters worse, in googling which booster seat models are certified for the EU and what is required, I've come upon the many youtube videos of the dangers of backless models.
So now I've gone from being willing to schlep the one small backless booster to thinking we should err on the safe side and bring 1 full back booster for the smaller child and 1 backless booster for the 9---almost 10---year old.
My husband thinks I'm nuts and doesn't want to carry more than 1 backless booster.
What would you do?
Booster seats for 7 and 9 year old in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 2 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 3 Two weeks in Italy - Venice, Ostuni and Naples
- 4 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 5 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 6 London Private Detectives
- 7 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 8 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 9 Calling Jamikins
- 10 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 11 A drive in Europe
- 12 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 13 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 14 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 15 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 16 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 17 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 18 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 19 Europe in 21 days
- 20 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 21 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 22 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 23 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 24 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 25 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days