Here in California my 7 year old is required to be in a booster (we use a backless version), and my 9 year old is not required to because she is about 80 pounds and 140 cm tall.
So in planning our trip and car rental logistics, I realized the laws have changed in the last 5 years about booster seats and that my 9 year old---who will actually turn 10 during our trip---will technically be required to be in a booster.
To make matters worse, in googling which booster seat models are certified for the EU and what is required, I've come upon the many youtube videos of the dangers of backless models.
So now I've gone from being willing to schlep the one small backless booster to thinking we should err on the safe side and bring 1 full back booster for the smaller child and 1 backless booster for the 9---almost 10---year old.
My husband thinks I'm nuts and doesn't want to carry more than 1 backless booster.
What would you do?
Booster seats for 7 and 9 year old in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 2 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 3 Fashion week Sept 23-Oct 1....our dates for Paris Sept 22-28
- 4 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 5 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 6 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 7 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?
- 8 Help!! Need to pick up train tickets in France and credit card stolen
- 9 International driving permit required in France?
- 10 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 11 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 12 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 13 Scotland day tour
- 14 Tour Company in Russia
- 15 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 16 Academic Tours and Travel Malta and Sicily Delight Tour
- 17 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 18 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 19 Wedding In Positano Italy Sept 2014- NEED YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS
- 20 Best Car service from Heathrow airport to Waldorf Hilton in London
- 21 Trip report: solo female traveler in Spain
- 22 Trip to Pyrenees
- 23 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions
- 24 Cyprus travel logistics: north to south and back again
- 25 What do you know about using the iPhone GPS app in Europe?