Here in California my 7 year old is required to be in a booster (we use a backless version), and my 9 year old is not required to because she is about 80 pounds and 140 cm tall.
So in planning our trip and car rental logistics, I realized the laws have changed in the last 5 years about booster seats and that my 9 year old---who will actually turn 10 during our trip---will technically be required to be in a booster.
To make matters worse, in googling which booster seat models are certified for the EU and what is required, I've come upon the many youtube videos of the dangers of backless models.
So now I've gone from being willing to schlep the one small backless booster to thinking we should err on the safe side and bring 1 full back booster for the smaller child and 1 backless booster for the 9---almost 10---year old.
My husband thinks I'm nuts and doesn't want to carry more than 1 backless booster.
What would you do?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip From London
- 2 Pompei Excursion from Sorrento? What do you think of this estimate?
- 3 Fodor Forum Valuable
- 4 Lisbon Portugal summer trip with kids
- 5 Museum tickets in advance?
- 6 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 7 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 8 5 days in Germany - Travel advice needed
- 9 Ljubljana – Trieste – Croatia – Itinerary and Car Rental Questions
- 10 Natinoal parks, which one?
- 11 My summer in Paris
- 12 After Bordeaux - any suggestions?
- 13 Restaurant recommendations in Cascais Portugal
- 14 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 15 Alsace
- 16 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 17 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 18 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 19 Madrid Airport
- 20 Travel help laundary
- 21 Trip Report - Portugal February 2015
- 22 Best home base for a week in the Italian Lakes?
- 23 Provence wine tasting tours
- 24 evening tours of Agrigento in Sicily?
- 25 Purchasing Trenitalia Tickets