I am taking my children to Italy this summer and would love to find a book (not a guide) with an assortment of stories about Ancient Rome, Roman Gods, etc. to read with my kids before we go so that they have some idea of what they are seeing. The kids are 11 and 14. I have searched on Amazon and could not seem to come up with a good one. We are travelling to Rome, countryside in Tuscany, and Venice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 2 Uber vs. TfL
- 3 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 4 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 5 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 6 Europe First Timers
- 7 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 8 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 9 Athens Help
- 10 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 11 Berlin -clubs
- 12 Berlin
- 13 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 14 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 15 base in brussels
- 16 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 17 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 18 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 19 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 20 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 21 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 23 Trains in Italy
- 24 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 25 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel