I am taking my children to Italy this summer and would love to find a book (not a guide) with an assortment of stories about Ancient Rome, Roman Gods, etc. to read with my kids before we go so that they have some idea of what they are seeing. The kids are 11 and 14. I have searched on Amazon and could not seem to come up with a good one. We are travelling to Rome, countryside in Tuscany, and Venice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Santorini lodging
- 2 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 3 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 4 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 5 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 6 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 7 Fodors monitors - "view profile" not available on Foxfire
- 8 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 9 info Faro & Algarve
- 10 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 11 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 12 Nafplio to Hydra
- 13 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 14 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 15 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 16 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 17 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 18 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 19 May get together in Paris
- 20 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 21 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 22 Self drive tour companies
- 23 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 24 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 25 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August