We're traveling from Mainz, Germany to Amsterdam on a Monday morning in May. Our route is along the Rhein from Mainz to Koln, where we switch trains to ICE equipment from Koln to Amsterdam. Another possible route, that we didn't choose, could have been from Frankfurt to Koln. That train connects with our ICE train to Amsterdam. My question to the European rail gurus is this: Do you think seat reservations are needed on the Koln to Amsterdam segment? We'd hate to have to sit on our luggage or stand from Koln to Amsterdam. Seat reservations aren't possible on the Mainz to Koln segment.
Booked train from Mainz to Amsterdam. Seat reservation needed?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cylades Island Hopping
- 2 One night stopover in Dolomites, where?
- 3 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 4 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 5 Iwango went…to Nice
- 6 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 7 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 8 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 9 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 10 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 11 5 Observations About Paris
- 12 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 13 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 14 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 15 Taormina Sicily
- 16 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 17 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 18 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 19 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 20 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 21 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 22 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 23 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 24 Planning Honeymoon to Greece in April
- 25 Granada