We're traveling from Mainz, Germany to Amsterdam on a Monday morning in May. Our route is along the Rhein from Mainz to Koln, where we switch trains to ICE equipment from Koln to Amsterdam. Another possible route, that we didn't choose, could have been from Frankfurt to Koln. That train connects with our ICE train to Amsterdam. My question to the European rail gurus is this: Do you think seat reservations are needed on the Koln to Amsterdam segment? We'd hate to have to sit on our luggage or stand from Koln to Amsterdam. Seat reservations aren't possible on the Mainz to Koln segment.
Booked train from Mainz to Amsterdam. Seat reservation needed?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A1 to A12 vs. A14: Which is the easier drive from Sulmona to Mondovi?
- 2 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 3 Trip report: solo female traveler in Spain
- 4 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 5 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 6 What do you wish you'd known about Iceland before you went?
- 7 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 8 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 9 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 10 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 11 Greek Islands: Naxos, Paros, Milos or Chania Town? May 2014
- 12 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 13 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 14 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 15 Villa Borghese - Neighborhood restaurants?
- 16 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 17 Porto to Lisbon
- 18 How much time in Lisbon?
- 19 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 20 5 or 6 day tours from Lisbon, HELP !
- 21 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 22 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 23 Zermatt, Switzerland
- 24 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 25 Help!! Need to pick up train tickets in France and credit card stolen