We're traveling from Mainz, Germany to Amsterdam on a Monday morning in May. Our route is along the Rhein from Mainz to Koln, where we switch trains to ICE equipment from Koln to Amsterdam. Another possible route, that we didn't choose, could have been from Frankfurt to Koln. That train connects with our ICE train to Amsterdam. My question to the European rail gurus is this: Do you think seat reservations are needed on the Koln to Amsterdam segment? We'd hate to have to sit on our luggage or stand from Koln to Amsterdam. Seat reservations aren't possible on the Mainz to Koln segment.
Booked train from Mainz to Amsterdam. Seat reservation needed?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 2 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 3 Traveling in France by train
- 4 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 5 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 6 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 7 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 8 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 9 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 10 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 11 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 12 Arc de Triumph Question
- 13 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 14 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 15 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 16 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 17 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 18 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 19 What to wear
- 20 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 21 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 22 Paris November 2014
- 23 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 24 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 25 Connecting with forum locals in Paris