We're traveling from Mainz, Germany to Amsterdam on a Monday morning in May. Our route is along the Rhein from Mainz to Koln, where we switch trains to ICE equipment from Koln to Amsterdam. Another possible route, that we didn't choose, could have been from Frankfurt to Koln. That train connects with our ICE train to Amsterdam. My question to the European rail gurus is this: Do you think seat reservations are needed on the Koln to Amsterdam segment? We'd hate to have to sit on our luggage or stand from Koln to Amsterdam. Seat reservations aren't possible on the Mainz to Koln segment.
Booked train from Mainz to Amsterdam. Seat reservation needed?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 2 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 3 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 4 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 5 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 6 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 7 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 8 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 9 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 10 A drive in Europe
- 11 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 12 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 13 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 14 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 15 nearby cities to london
- 16 Hotel in Venice
- 17 9 days in turkey
- 18 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 19 7 days in Greece
- 20 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 21 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 22 Itinerary Check- London, Paris, Rome
- 23 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 24 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 25 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014