We're traveling from Mainz, Germany to Amsterdam on a Monday morning in May. Our route is along the Rhein from Mainz to Koln, where we switch trains to ICE equipment from Koln to Amsterdam. Another possible route, that we didn't choose, could have been from Frankfurt to Koln. That train connects with our ICE train to Amsterdam. My question to the European rail gurus is this: Do you think seat reservations are needed on the Koln to Amsterdam segment? We'd hate to have to sit on our luggage or stand from Koln to Amsterdam. Seat reservations aren't possible on the Mainz to Koln segment.
Booked train from Mainz to Amsterdam. Seat reservation needed?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 2 Where to stay in London
- 3 London experts--Look at my week's itinerary, please?
- 4 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 5 Help with Dalmatia Coast Itinerary
- 6 Itinerary question for Czech Republic for September trip
- 7 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 8 EuropeanQuiz # 70 ( Friday)
- 9 Barcelona for 9 nights....Day trips?
- 10 Random Rome Questions
- 11 Istanbul's Prince's Islands
- 12 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 13 Using the Garmin nuvi 2598 in Italy
- 14 Easier connection to London's city center -- Gatwick or Stansted?
- 15 Family Cruises
- 16 Berlin, Dresden and Prague or Berlin and Vienna?
- 17 Help with Belgium-Netherlands Itinerary
- 18 Berlin to Prague by car
- 19 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 20 Oslo, Norway - worth the trip?
- 21 Paris, France NYE hotel, city center, or CDG?
- 22 Rental car and Portugal toll charges
- 23 Trip report: visit to Hampton Court Palace (London)
- 24 Driving to Beaune
- 25 Travelling to France