I'm planning a 2-week trip to Venice and Bologna late Sept/early Oct with my husband, flying in and out of Venice airport. Responses to a recent post of mine urged us to go to Bologna first, then to Venice, since we have a morning flight home from Marco Polo airport.
I just noticed, however, that during the first week of our trip (week of Sept 23), which we had planned to spend in Bologna, the apartments we're interested in are either already booked or are MUCH, MUCH more expensive than they are just one week later (the week we had planned to spend in Venice) or the week before. So now we are planning to reverse the order of our stay--Venice week 1, Bologna week 2.
1) Would it be too risky to spend our last night in Bologna, and then the next morning take the train to whatever stop is nearest to Marco Polo Airport (either Mestre or Santa Lucia, I assume), and then bus or taxi to Marco Polo? Or to be safe, should we just leave Bologna the day before our flight and spend the last evening in Venice? (Thereby minimizing the effect of potentially late trains, buses, cabs, etc.) I'd prefer not to do the latter, because instead of making the most of our last full day, we would instead be spending a large chunk of it checking out of the Bologna apt, getting to the Bologna train station, training to Venice, then getting to and checking into our Venice hotel.
2) For the week we are in Venice, we are considering apartments as well as hotels (though of course if we travel from Bologna to Venice on the last day of our trip, we will stay in a hotel that night). One of the apartments we are considering looks lovely, and can be accessed directly from the Grand Canal--it has its own private water door. However, the entire apartment is on the ground floor (canal level). Should I be concerned about flooding (acqua alta) of the apartment at that time of year? Or early a.m. noise?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 시티랜드카지노べ❤【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】❤べ시티랜드카지노
- 2 London Hotels
- 3 Europe itinerary questions
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Back from Paris
- 6 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 7 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 8 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 9 1 month in Europe
- 10 Paris hotels
- 11 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 12 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 13 10 days in Paris and......
- 14 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 15 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 16 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 17 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 22 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 23 LIsbon
- 24 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 25 Iceland in 7 days.