Hi out there,
My partner and I (in our 30s/40s) are planning a trip to small cities in Europe we might want to live in some day.
On our list so far:
* San Sebastian, Spain
* Aix-en-Provence, France
* Bologna, Italy
As you can probably deduce, we love food
I've started looking at VRBOs in Bologna and have started getting the impression that the city is a bit dark and dingy. Or perhaps it is just gray there a lot? Maybe there aren't a lot of trees? Maybe none of this is true...
If you have spent any significant amount of time in Bologna, is this somewhere you would consider living 3-4 months a year? Why or why not?
Are there other safe, beautiful, walking cities in Italy with great food you'd recommend?
Is there anywhere in the Italian lakes region that is large enough that one could regularly go out to restaurants and enjoy oneself for 3-4 months? (I am bewitched by photos of the beauty of this area, but it seems unviable for longer than a week or two.)
Finally, if Bologna is, indeed, a wonderful place -- can you recommend a hosted 2BR flat with wifi and breakfast anywhere? Or a small hotel that offers adjoining rooms?
I know this is a very particular set of questions. Big thank you to anyone who can provide any insight!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Places to visit from Zurich
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 4 Germany-Car or Train
- 5 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 6 SURPRISE TRIP
- 7 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 8 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 9 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 10 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 11 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 12 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 13 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 14 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 15 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 16 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 17 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 18 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 19 thoughts on my itenerary France and Italy
- 20 Valencia Spain
- 21 Europe for Beginners
- 22 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 23 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 24 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 25 13 nights in switzerland
Hi out there,