Hi out there,
My partner and I (in our 30s/40s) are planning a trip to small cities in Europe we might want to live in some day.
On our list so far:
* San Sebastian, Spain
* Aix-en-Provence, France
* Bologna, Italy
As you can probably deduce, we love food
I've started looking at VRBOs in Bologna and have started getting the impression that the city is a bit dark and dingy. Or perhaps it is just gray there a lot? Maybe there aren't a lot of trees? Maybe none of this is true...
If you have spent any significant amount of time in Bologna, is this somewhere you would consider living 3-4 months a year? Why or why not?
Are there other safe, beautiful, walking cities in Italy with great food you'd recommend?
Is there anywhere in the Italian lakes region that is large enough that one could regularly go out to restaurants and enjoy oneself for 3-4 months? (I am bewitched by photos of the beauty of this area, but it seems unviable for longer than a week or two.)
Finally, if Bologna is, indeed, a wonderful place -- can you recommend a hosted 2BR flat with wifi and breakfast anywhere? Or a small hotel that offers adjoining rooms?
I know this is a very particular set of questions. Big thank you to anyone who can provide any insight!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://healthflyup.com/alpha-muscle-complex/
- 2 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 3 Dublin Luggage storage
- 4 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 5 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 6 Low Cost Holidays Package
- 7 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 8 Alitala
- 9 Which Hotel in Rome
- 10 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 11 First Solo Adventure
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 14 Are you interested in visiting Iceland or you already have?
- 15 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 16 Georgia in 4 days
- 17 Where should I go with my family?
- 18 First Solo Adventure
- 19 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 20 PARIS
- 21 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 22 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 23 Crete Holiday
- 24 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 25 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
Hi out there,