After lots of research and discussions,m y fiancé and I will be in Bologna for 3 weeks in June. It is our first time in Bologna and we are looking forward to exploring, eating, drinking all of the fabulous Emilia-Romagna treats! We really want to settle and get to know the area. We are looking for an area that is very central to tasty cafes, wine shops, farmers markets, and close to the metro.
My mom is joining us for a week for her 60th birthday and she has never been to Italy so we were thinking that it would be a great home base for exploring. It is a short train ride to Milan, Florence, Venice and close to Tuscany. Do you recommend any areas in Bologna to stay in? I am going to be using airbnb, homeaway, vrbo, and other sites.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 2 Biarritz family holiday
- 3 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 6 Bernina Express mid-March
- 7 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 8 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 9 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 10 Ireland hotel questions
- 11 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 12 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 13 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 14 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 15 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 16 Revised itinerary for italy
- 17 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 18 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 19 where to stay in London?
- 20 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 21 Flamenco in October
- 22 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 23 4 days itinerary for France
- 24 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 25 getting to CDG