After lots of research and discussions,m y fiancé and I will be in Bologna for 3 weeks in June. It is our first time in Bologna and we are looking forward to exploring, eating, drinking all of the fabulous Emilia-Romagna treats! We really want to settle and get to know the area. We are looking for an area that is very central to tasty cafes, wine shops, farmers markets, and close to the metro.
My mom is joining us for a week for her 60th birthday and she has never been to Italy so we were thinking that it would be a great home base for exploring. It is a short train ride to Milan, Florence, Venice and close to Tuscany. Do you recommend any areas in Bologna to stay in? I am going to be using airbnb, homeaway, vrbo, and other sites.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Late December in eastern France / western Germany—where to go?
- 2 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 3 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 4 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 5 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 6 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 7 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 8 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 9 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 10 4 days each in London and Paris
- 11 A few more questions about Brittany
- 12 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 13 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 14 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 15 Switzerland in September
- 16 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 17 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 18 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 19 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 20 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 21 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 22 Positano or Sorrento?
- 23 Paris in November
- 24 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 25 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes