After lots of research and discussions,m y fiancé and I will be in Bologna for 3 weeks in June. It is our first time in Bologna and we are looking forward to exploring, eating, drinking all of the fabulous Emilia-Romagna treats! We really want to settle and get to know the area. We are looking for an area that is very central to tasty cafes, wine shops, farmers markets, and close to the metro.
My mom is joining us for a week for her 60th birthday and she has never been to Italy so we were thinking that it would be a great home base for exploring. It is a short train ride to Milan, Florence, Venice and close to Tuscany. Do you recommend any areas in Bologna to stay in? I am going to be using airbnb, homeaway, vrbo, and other sites.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 2 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 3 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 4 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 5 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 6 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 7 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 8 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 9 Madrird and Seville
- 10 Greece
- 11 Ludwig Castles
- 12 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 13 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 14 Lake Como AREA questions
- 15 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 16 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 17 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 18 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 19 Help on ancient history route
- 20 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 23 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 24 Iceland
- 25 Spain - day driver advice