After lots of research and discussions,m y fiancé and I will be in Bologna for 3 weeks in June. It is our first time in Bologna and we are looking forward to exploring, eating, drinking all of the fabulous Emilia-Romagna treats! We really want to settle and get to know the area. We are looking for an area that is very central to tasty cafes, wine shops, farmers markets, and close to the metro.
My mom is joining us for a week for her 60th birthday and she has never been to Italy so we were thinking that it would be a great home base for exploring. It is a short train ride to Milan, Florence, Venice and close to Tuscany. Do you recommend any areas in Bologna to stay in? I am going to be using airbnb, homeaway, vrbo, and other sites.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 2 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 3 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 4 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 5 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 6 Northern Ireland ideas
- 7 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 8 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 9 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 10 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 11 Long weekend in Albania
- 12 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 13 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 14 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 15 scotland itinerary
- 16 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 17 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 18 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 19 Hotel in Florence
- 20 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 21 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 22 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 23 Malta - how to do it?
- 24 Using CPAP machine in France
- 25 Castle Stays in Wales