After lots of research and discussions,m y fiancé and I will be in Bologna for 3 weeks in June. It is our first time in Bologna and we are looking forward to exploring, eating, drinking all of the fabulous Emilia-Romagna treats! We really want to settle and get to know the area. We are looking for an area that is very central to tasty cafes, wine shops, farmers markets, and close to the metro.
My mom is joining us for a week for her 60th birthday and she has never been to Italy so we were thinking that it would be a great home base for exploring. It is a short train ride to Milan, Florence, Venice and close to Tuscany. Do you recommend any areas in Bologna to stay in? I am going to be using airbnb, homeaway, vrbo, and other sites.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tattoos in Italy
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 4 Another Question re Scotland
- 5 Place to stay
- 6 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 7 Charming areas to explore in London
- 8 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 9 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 10 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 11 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 12 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 13 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 14 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 15 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 16 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 17 2 weeks from southern italy
- 18 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 19 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 20 travel around Spain
- 21 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 22 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 23 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 24 credit and debit cards
- 25 Where to stay in Umbria