Looking for advice about the above day excursion by steam train. I love steam trains so that alone is very attractive to me but it includes a chance to catch some wonderful scenery and a side trip to visit some vineyards. Just wondering if anyone had done this trip and how you found it.
Also, we are staying quite close to the begining point but have been told that we will have to purchase our tickets in advance from an office in Ljubljana which is over an hours drive away. I have mailed to find out if there is any other solution but have not yet had a response. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 2 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 3 What do pack for Ireland?
- 4 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 5 Paris to Morocco
- 6 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 7 Alhambra
- 8 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 9 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 10 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 11 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 12 Sardegna in Sept/Oct - please help!
- 13 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 14 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 15 Antwerp Tram
- 16 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 17 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 18 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 19 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 20 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 21 Boat ride from Naples to Capri
- 22 Road trip Cinque Terre to Nice or ST
- 23 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 24 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 25 Fake police scam in Budapest