Looking for advice about the above day excursion by steam train. I love steam trains so that alone is very attractive to me but it includes a chance to catch some wonderful scenery and a side trip to visit some vineyards. Just wondering if anyone had done this trip and how you found it.
Also, we are staying quite close to the begining point but have been told that we will have to purchase our tickets in advance from an office in Ljubljana which is over an hours drive away. I have mailed to find out if there is any other solution but have not yet had a response. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million!!
Bohinj Heritage Steam Train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Duty Nobly Done — Anselm and Margriet in Flanders and Picardy
- 2 “… I fear’d to set my foot upon a dead man’s cheek” - Anselm in northern France
- 3 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 4 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 5 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 6 Airport ATMs
- 7 caroline_venezia
- 8 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 9 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 10 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 11 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 12 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 13 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 14 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 15 First time to Switzerland
- 16 Visiting the Azores Islands (Portugal) LOVELY LOVELY Experiences
- 17 Italy dolomites
- 18 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 19 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 20 First time Ireland trip
- 21 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 22 Switzerland help...?
- 23 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 24 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 25 5 Observations About Paris