Looking for advice about the above day excursion by steam train. I love steam trains so that alone is very attractive to me but it includes a chance to catch some wonderful scenery and a side trip to visit some vineyards. Just wondering if anyone had done this trip and how you found it.
Also, we are staying quite close to the begining point but have been told that we will have to purchase our tickets in advance from an office in Ljubljana which is over an hours drive away. I have mailed to find out if there is any other solution but have not yet had a response. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 2 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 5 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 6 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 7 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 Bordeaux to Nice
- 10 Greek Village
- 11 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 12 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 13 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 14 Uber vs. TfL
- 15 Berlin
- 16 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 17 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 18 Germany or Sweden
- 19 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 20 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 21 Two days in Rome
- 22 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 23 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 24 PARIS
- 25 One free day in Barcelona