Looking for advice about the above day excursion by steam train. I love steam trains so that alone is very attractive to me but it includes a chance to catch some wonderful scenery and a side trip to visit some vineyards. Just wondering if anyone had done this trip and how you found it.
Also, we are staying quite close to the begining point but have been told that we will have to purchase our tickets in advance from an office in Ljubljana which is over an hours drive away. I have mailed to find out if there is any other solution but have not yet had a response. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million!!
Bohinj Heritage Steam Train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich
- 2 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 3 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 4 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 5 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 6 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 7 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 8 Munich with a car?
- 9 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 10 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 11 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 12 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 13 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 14 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 15 Itinerary Help!
- 16 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 17 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 18 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 19 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 20 He said , she said
- 21 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 22 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 23 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 24 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 25 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions