We are thinking of taking 2 kids (age 8 and 18 months) and riding around Bodensee. The only day which causes me concern is the ride from LINDAU, GERMANY to BREGENZ to ARBON. Which comes to a total of 45 kms which is too much for my child to do.
Need advice on the best way to tackle this. I checked out the ferries at http://www.bsb-online.com/fahrplan-online.html but the routes don't appear to work for us - it would take 4.5 hours, 2 stops and 2 hours of waiting to get there by ferry.
The train needs 2 stops (at St. Margarethe and Rorschach) and I wonder how complicated it is to load 3 bikes + bike trailer + 2 kids + me and my husband on the train in a matter of minutes.
Has anyone done this route with kids? What advice do you have?
Can anyone tell me how steep the incline is on this route?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 3 Uber vs. TfL
- 4 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 5 Whathello Paris
- 6 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 7 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 8 Bordeaux to Nice
- 9 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 10 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 11 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 12 Athens Help
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Transport for local Venice travel
- 15 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 16 Crete Holiday
- 17 Christmas in Italy
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 "Too Much Cows"
- 20 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 21 Thinking about the Fjords
- 22 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 23 Rome to Venice
- 24 Alitala
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna