We are thinking of taking 2 kids (age 8 and 18 months) and riding around Bodensee. The only day which causes me concern is the ride from LINDAU, GERMANY to BREGENZ to ARBON. Which comes to a total of 45 kms which is too much for my child to do.
Need advice on the best way to tackle this. I checked out the ferries at http://www.bsb-online.com/fahrplan-online.html but the routes don't appear to work for us - it would take 4.5 hours, 2 stops and 2 hours of waiting to get there by ferry.
The train needs 2 stops (at St. Margarethe and Rorschach) and I wonder how complicated it is to load 3 bikes + bike trailer + 2 kids + me and my husband on the train in a matter of minutes.
Has anyone done this route with kids? What advice do you have?
Can anyone tell me how steep the incline is on this route?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 3 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 4 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 5 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 6 Vienna to Budapest via Bratislava stopover
- 7 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 8 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 9 Language to use in Belgium
- 10 Base for hiking in Lower Engadine
- 11 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 12 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 13 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 14 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 15 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 16 Whistle stop family road trip
- 17 Cab cost from Tegel/ Germany/ to Charlottenstrasse
- 18 The DCC scam is spreading
- 19 ATM by Budapest Nuygati TS
- 20 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 21 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 22 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 24 Lake Como,Italy
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland