We are thinking of taking 2 kids (age 8 and 18 months) and riding around Bodensee. The only day which causes me concern is the ride from LINDAU, GERMANY to BREGENZ to ARBON. Which comes to a total of 45 kms which is too much for my child to do.
Need advice on the best way to tackle this. I checked out the ferries at http://www.bsb-online.com/fahrplan-online.html but the routes don't appear to work for us - it would take 4.5 hours, 2 stops and 2 hours of waiting to get there by ferry.
The train needs 2 stops (at St. Margarethe and Rorschach) and I wonder how complicated it is to load 3 bikes + bike trailer + 2 kids + me and my husband on the train in a matter of minutes.
Has anyone done this route with kids? What advice do you have?
Can anyone tell me how steep the incline is on this route?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 2 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 3 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 4 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 5 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 6 Passport proplems
- 7 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 8 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 9 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 10 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 11 Itinerary help...
- 12 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 13 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 14 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 15 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 16 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 17 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 18 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 19 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 20 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 21 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 22 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 23 A week in Paris
- 24 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 25 Help needed with Europe itinerary