We are thinking of taking 2 kids (age 8 and 18 months) and riding around Bodensee. The only day which causes me concern is the ride from LINDAU, GERMANY to BREGENZ to ARBON. Which comes to a total of 45 kms which is too much for my child to do.
Need advice on the best way to tackle this. I checked out the ferries at http://www.bsb-online.com/fahrplan-online.html but the routes don't appear to work for us - it would take 4.5 hours, 2 stops and 2 hours of waiting to get there by ferry.
The train needs 2 stops (at St. Margarethe and Rorschach) and I wonder how complicated it is to load 3 bikes + bike trailer + 2 kids + me and my husband on the train in a matter of minutes.
Has anyone done this route with kids? What advice do you have?
Can anyone tell me how steep the incline is on this route?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 2 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 3 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 4 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 5 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 6 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 7 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Train help for Prague
- 10 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 11 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 12 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 13 driving from prague to salzburg
- 14 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 15 Swiss Travel Pass
- 16 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 17 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 18 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 19 Germany train help!
- 20 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 21 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 22 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 23 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 24 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 25 Our Italian Honeymoon (first timers)