A boat ride on lake Lucerne seems to be very highly recommended in all travel forums and travel books. One of the Fodorites also commented that it gets more scenic on the Urnersee when compared to Vierwaldstattersee. So I was planning for our family to go on the boat ride from Brunnen to Lucerne which will take two hours, this October. Now I have two questions regarding this:
1.Does it really matter which boat we ride on? Specifically, Wilhelm Tell express vs any other boat? Is the experience vastly different?
2. We will be travelling with the Swiss pass. Is it valid on the Wilhelm Tell express? Will we have to pay extra or make a reservation on this particular boat?
I understand that Wilhelm Tell express is the only steamer (Same as paddle steamer?)All the other boats are modern vessels.
Would appreciate any input on these details.
Boat ride on lake Lucerne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 2 France,Spain,Italy
- 3 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 4 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 5 All Set To Go!!
- 6 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 7 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 8 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 9 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 10 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 11 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 12 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 13 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 14 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 15 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 16 Scotland November 2015
- 17 Good time to visit Russia and Norway because of currency crash ?
- 18 Schengen Visa Rules
- 19 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 20 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 21 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 22 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 23 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 24 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 25 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers