A boat ride on lake Lucerne seems to be very highly recommended in all travel forums and travel books. One of the Fodorites also commented that it gets more scenic on the Urnersee when compared to Vierwaldstattersee. So I was planning for our family to go on the boat ride from Brunnen to Lucerne which will take two hours, this October. Now I have two questions regarding this:
1.Does it really matter which boat we ride on? Specifically, Wilhelm Tell express vs any other boat? Is the experience vastly different?
2. We will be travelling with the Swiss pass. Is it valid on the Wilhelm Tell express? Will we have to pay extra or make a reservation on this particular boat?
I understand that Wilhelm Tell express is the only steamer (Same as paddle steamer?)All the other boats are modern vessels.
Would appreciate any input on these details.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 2 Best layover option
- 3 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 4 Flights to Crete from NE coast of USA
- 5 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 6 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 7 Iceland car rental agencies
- 8 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 9 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 10 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 11 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 12 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 13 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 14 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 15 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 16 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 17 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 18 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 19 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 20 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 21 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 22 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 23 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 24 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 25 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?