A boat ride on lake Lucerne seems to be very highly recommended in all travel forums and travel books. One of the Fodorites also commented that it gets more scenic on the Urnersee when compared to Vierwaldstattersee. So I was planning for our family to go on the boat ride from Brunnen to Lucerne which will take two hours, this October. Now I have two questions regarding this:
1.Does it really matter which boat we ride on? Specifically, Wilhelm Tell express vs any other boat? Is the experience vastly different?
2. We will be travelling with the Swiss pass. Is it valid on the Wilhelm Tell express? Will we have to pay extra or make a reservation on this particular boat?
I understand that Wilhelm Tell express is the only steamer (Same as paddle steamer?)All the other boats are modern vessels.
Would appreciate any input on these details.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 2 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 5 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 6 Zurich to Milan trip
- 7 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 8 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 9 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 14 San Sebastián
- 15 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 16 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 17 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 18 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 19 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 20 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 21 Planning A trip
- 22 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 23 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 24 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 25 Norway Outside the Nutshell