A boat ride on lake Lucerne seems to be very highly recommended in all travel forums and travel books. One of the Fodorites also commented that it gets more scenic on the Urnersee when compared to Vierwaldstattersee. So I was planning for our family to go on the boat ride from Brunnen to Lucerne which will take two hours, this October. Now I have two questions regarding this:
1.Does it really matter which boat we ride on? Specifically, Wilhelm Tell express vs any other boat? Is the experience vastly different?
2. We will be travelling with the Swiss pass. Is it valid on the Wilhelm Tell express? Will we have to pay extra or make a reservation on this particular boat?
I understand that Wilhelm Tell express is the only steamer (Same as paddle steamer?)All the other boats are modern vessels.
Would appreciate any input on these details.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 2 Visiting Spain in January
- 3 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 4 Portugal itinerary help
- 5 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 6 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 7 Europe in late January
- 8 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 9 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 10 English Countryside
- 11 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 12 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 13 Paris---baguette question???
- 14 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 15 French immersion courses in France
- 16 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 17 Scenic Driving Routes
- 18 Berlin
- 19 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 20 1-Day Drive: Ballyvaughan to Dublin, which of these 3 routes?
- 21 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 22 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 23 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 24 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 25 Flights from Croatia