A boat ride on lake Lucerne seems to be very highly recommended in all travel forums and travel books. One of the Fodorites also commented that it gets more scenic on the Urnersee when compared to Vierwaldstattersee. So I was planning for our family to go on the boat ride from Brunnen to Lucerne which will take two hours, this October. Now I have two questions regarding this:
1.Does it really matter which boat we ride on? Specifically, Wilhelm Tell express vs any other boat? Is the experience vastly different?
2. We will be travelling with the Swiss pass. Is it valid on the Wilhelm Tell express? Will we have to pay extra or make a reservation on this particular boat?
I understand that Wilhelm Tell express is the only steamer (Same as paddle steamer?)All the other boats are modern vessels.
Would appreciate any input on these details.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France to stop making foie grois
- 2 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 3 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 4 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 5 Car hire
- 6 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 7 Dover queues
- 8 Puglia
- 9 Manchester on derby weekend
- 10 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 11 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 12 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 13 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 14 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 15 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 16 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 17 Barcelona to Morocco
- 18 http://www.supplementadvise.com/cla-safflower-oil/
- 19 Nice village, good restaurant, between Bologna and Florence?
- 20 "Doors of Italy", a free screensaver
- 21 From London to Paris to US
- 22 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 23 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 24 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 25 Naples or Genoa