A boat ride on lake Lucerne seems to be very highly recommended in all travel forums and travel books. One of the Fodorites also commented that it gets more scenic on the Urnersee when compared to Vierwaldstattersee. So I was planning for our family to go on the boat ride from Brunnen to Lucerne which will take two hours, this October. Now I have two questions regarding this:
1.Does it really matter which boat we ride on? Specifically, Wilhelm Tell express vs any other boat? Is the experience vastly different?
2. We will be travelling with the Swiss pass. Is it valid on the Wilhelm Tell express? Will we have to pay extra or make a reservation on this particular boat?
I understand that Wilhelm Tell express is the only steamer (Same as paddle steamer?)All the other boats are modern vessels.
Would appreciate any input on these details.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 2 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 3 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 4 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 5 Public Transportation in England
- 6 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 7 K-Day
- 8 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 9 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 10 Help required with Itinerary
- 11 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 12 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 13 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 14 advance tickets?
- 15 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 16 Spain in December
- 17 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 18 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 19 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 20 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 21 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 23 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 24 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 25 Trip to Rome