A boat ride on lake Lucerne seems to be very highly recommended in all travel forums and travel books. One of the Fodorites also commented that it gets more scenic on the Urnersee when compared to Vierwaldstattersee. So I was planning for our family to go on the boat ride from Brunnen to Lucerne which will take two hours, this October. Now I have two questions regarding this:
1.Does it really matter which boat we ride on? Specifically, Wilhelm Tell express vs any other boat? Is the experience vastly different?
2. We will be travelling with the Swiss pass. Is it valid on the Wilhelm Tell express? Will we have to pay extra or make a reservation on this particular boat?
I understand that Wilhelm Tell express is the only steamer (Same as paddle steamer?)All the other boats are modern vessels.
Would appreciate any input on these details.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 2 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 3 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 10 days in Paris and......
- 6 Summer Travel order
- 7 LIsbon
- 8 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 9 International Flight Question
- 10 Luggage Storage
- 11 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 12 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 13 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 14 Brugge hotel help
- 15 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 16 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 17 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 18 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 19 Another tipping question: concierges
- 20 Trip suggestion
- 21 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 23 Back from Paris
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 Musee Carnavalet closed for now