A boat ride on lake Lucerne seems to be very highly recommended in all travel forums and travel books. One of the Fodorites also commented that it gets more scenic on the Urnersee when compared to Vierwaldstattersee. So I was planning for our family to go on the boat ride from Brunnen to Lucerne which will take two hours, this October. Now I have two questions regarding this:
1.Does it really matter which boat we ride on? Specifically, Wilhelm Tell express vs any other boat? Is the experience vastly different?
2. We will be travelling with the Swiss pass. Is it valid on the Wilhelm Tell express? Will we have to pay extra or make a reservation on this particular boat?
I understand that Wilhelm Tell express is the only steamer (Same as paddle steamer?)All the other boats are modern vessels.
Would appreciate any input on these details.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Undisclsoed location
- 2 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 3 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 4 Rome to venice
- 5 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 6 Italy bus or train
- 7 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 8 Moscow, Onion Domes - Travel Report
- 9 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 10 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 11 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 12 Need help with my itinerary
- 13 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 14 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 15 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 16 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 17 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 18 Chamonix to Paris
- 19 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 20 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 21 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 22 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 23 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 24 Paris in September
- 25 A few days in Naples - what a great city