A boat ride on lake Lucerne seems to be very highly recommended in all travel forums and travel books. One of the Fodorites also commented that it gets more scenic on the Urnersee when compared to Vierwaldstattersee. So I was planning for our family to go on the boat ride from Brunnen to Lucerne which will take two hours, this October. Now I have two questions regarding this:
1.Does it really matter which boat we ride on? Specifically, Wilhelm Tell express vs any other boat? Is the experience vastly different?
2. We will be travelling with the Swiss pass. Is it valid on the Wilhelm Tell express? Will we have to pay extra or make a reservation on this particular boat?
I understand that Wilhelm Tell express is the only steamer (Same as paddle steamer?)All the other boats are modern vessels.
Would appreciate any input on these details.
Boat ride on lake Lucerne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Italy - Venice, Ostuni and Naples
- 2 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 3 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 4 London Private Detectives
- 5 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 6 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 7 Calling Jamikins
- 8 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 9 A drive in Europe
- 10 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 11 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 12 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 13 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 14 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 15 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 16 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 17 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 18 Europe in 21 days
- 19 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 20 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 21 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 22 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 23 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 24 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 25 UK for 12 days !