A boat ride on lake Lucerne seems to be very highly recommended in all travel forums and travel books. One of the Fodorites also commented that it gets more scenic on the Urnersee when compared to Vierwaldstattersee. So I was planning for our family to go on the boat ride from Brunnen to Lucerne which will take two hours, this October. Now I have two questions regarding this:
1.Does it really matter which boat we ride on? Specifically, Wilhelm Tell express vs any other boat? Is the experience vastly different?
2. We will be travelling with the Swiss pass. Is it valid on the Wilhelm Tell express? Will we have to pay extra or make a reservation on this particular boat?
I understand that Wilhelm Tell express is the only steamer (Same as paddle steamer?)All the other boats are modern vessels.
Would appreciate any input on these details.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 2 10 nights in Italy for a first timer
- 3 Porto Portugal Hotels
- 4 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 5 Overstaying 90 day Schengen stay limit
- 6 Anyone done a self-drive boat canal/river trip in France (or elsewhere)?
- 7 London - Home From Home Apartment Rental Agency
- 8 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 9 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 10 Greenland: Photos of Midnight Sun Iceberg Kayaking
- 11 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 12 Loire Valley itinerary
- 13 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 14 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 15 Breakfast: London
- 16 France and Switzerland in 15 days
- 17 Travel plan help in Germany
- 18 Anybody rented from Allure-Apart?
- 19 Where to stay in Paris for our 1st time there?
- 20 Camino Redux
- 21 Pylos to Corinth with two days to spare, perhaps in Arcadia?
- 22 Athens, Greece--transfer from airport to downtown hotel
- 23 Return hire car to Athens airport early tomorrow morning
- 24 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 25 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich