A boat ride on lake Lucerne seems to be very highly recommended in all travel forums and travel books. One of the Fodorites also commented that it gets more scenic on the Urnersee when compared to Vierwaldstattersee. So I was planning for our family to go on the boat ride from Brunnen to Lucerne which will take two hours, this October. Now I have two questions regarding this:
1.Does it really matter which boat we ride on? Specifically, Wilhelm Tell express vs any other boat? Is the experience vastly different?
2. We will be travelling with the Swiss pass. Is it valid on the Wilhelm Tell express? Will we have to pay extra or make a reservation on this particular boat?
I understand that Wilhelm Tell express is the only steamer (Same as paddle steamer?)All the other boats are modern vessels.
Would appreciate any input on these details.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seville in late January
- 2 Berlin restaurant recs
- 3 Travel WiFi - France
- 4 Guides - Matera
- 5 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 6 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 7 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 8 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 9 3 days to spend in europe
- 10 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 11 RFID Protection
- 12 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 13 Spain Trip Report
- 14 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 15 20 free days of Europe
- 16 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 17 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 18 Limo from Heathrow
- 19 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 20 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 21 Iceland Trip report
- 22 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 23 What's the Best way to go to çekirge bursa
- 24 Gelato course in Rome?
- 25 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona