A boat ride on lake Lucerne seems to be very highly recommended in all travel forums and travel books. One of the Fodorites also commented that it gets more scenic on the Urnersee when compared to Vierwaldstattersee. So I was planning for our family to go on the boat ride from Brunnen to Lucerne which will take two hours, this October. Now I have two questions regarding this:
1.Does it really matter which boat we ride on? Specifically, Wilhelm Tell express vs any other boat? Is the experience vastly different?
2. We will be travelling with the Swiss pass. Is it valid on the Wilhelm Tell express? Will we have to pay extra or make a reservation on this particular boat?
I understand that Wilhelm Tell express is the only steamer (Same as paddle steamer?)All the other boats are modern vessels.
Would appreciate any input on these details.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 3 Globus Iberian Tour
- 4 Spain: train/rental car help
- 5 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 6 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 7 Budapest Card
- 8 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 9 UK in May and June
- 10 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 11 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 12 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 13 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 14 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 15 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 16 Bath/Cotswolds
- 17 Shorts in South of France?
- 18 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 19 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 20 base for Andalucia
- 21 Italy travel plan help
- 22 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 23 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 24 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 25 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport