A boat ride on lake Lucerne seems to be very highly recommended in all travel forums and travel books. One of the Fodorites also commented that it gets more scenic on the Urnersee when compared to Vierwaldstattersee. So I was planning for our family to go on the boat ride from Brunnen to Lucerne which will take two hours, this October. Now I have two questions regarding this:
1.Does it really matter which boat we ride on? Specifically, Wilhelm Tell express vs any other boat? Is the experience vastly different?
2. We will be travelling with the Swiss pass. Is it valid on the Wilhelm Tell express? Will we have to pay extra or make a reservation on this particular boat?
I understand that Wilhelm Tell express is the only steamer (Same as paddle steamer?)All the other boats are modern vessels.
Would appreciate any input on these details.
Boat ride on lake Lucerne
- 1 Rothenburg ob der tauber
- 2 Want to spend 1 day in London (Approx 12 pm - 12am)
- 3 Best Airline to use from Perth to Amsterdam
- 4 Transfer From US job to UK job...Tips, tricks, etiquette
- 5 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 6 Things to do in Budapest at the evening
- 7 Portugal in September
- 8 New Year in Lisbon, Portugal
- 9 River Palace or Victoria Hotel
- 10 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 11 A full week in The Netherlands
- 12 Two weeks or so in Belgium and Netherlands
- 13 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 14 Reggio Emilia for 1 week
- 15 Robbed in Rome... by a "Police Officer"?
- 16 Hotel in Naples for two nights
- 17 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 18 Chambermaid tipping
- 19 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 20 Car Rental Return @ CDG..and Transportation Options After
- 21 2 week Europe trip - need help please
- 22 14 days to travel Europe...topdeck vs busabout
- 23 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 24 Best Maps for Central Italy
- 25 Trip thru Germany in February.