A boat ride on lake Lucerne seems to be very highly recommended in all travel forums and travel books. One of the Fodorites also commented that it gets more scenic on the Urnersee when compared to Vierwaldstattersee. So I was planning for our family to go on the boat ride from Brunnen to Lucerne which will take two hours, this October. Now I have two questions regarding this:
1.Does it really matter which boat we ride on? Specifically, Wilhelm Tell express vs any other boat? Is the experience vastly different?
2. We will be travelling with the Swiss pass. Is it valid on the Wilhelm Tell express? Will we have to pay extra or make a reservation on this particular boat?
I understand that Wilhelm Tell express is the only steamer (Same as paddle steamer?)All the other boats are modern vessels.
Would appreciate any input on these details.
Boat ride on lake Lucerne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 2 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 3 Too many Trip Reports
- 4 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 5 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 6 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 7 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 8 First trip to Iceland! Need help planning!
- 9 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 10 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 11 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 12 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 13 Hotels that we found special
- 14 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 15 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 16 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 17 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 18 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 19 Great London Bars with a view
- 20 Rome Food Tour
- 21 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 22 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 23 Art in Paris
- 24 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 25 Rental car while in Ireland