The Blackpool Illuminations is one of England's most awesome sights IME and one of the most popular events in the UK, drawing millions of mainly locals from miles around.
So if planning a trip to the English North Country spend a night in Blackpool, a still thriving seaside resort that I always love even without the Lights being on.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 2 Best Viking Sites
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 5 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 6 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 7 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 8 Greece
- 9 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 10 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 11 Paris advice with kids
- 12 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 13 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 14 tickets for Wimbledon
- 15 Chania
- 16 Iceland car rental agencies
- 17 Paris hotel
- 18 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 19 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 20 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 21 Ex-pats with young kids
- 22 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 23 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 24 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 25 Fly out Venice or Rome
Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!