For the zillioneth straight year since WW2 era darkness I'd hazzard (though not sure) the phenomenally famous and popular Blackpool Lights (a k a Illuminations) will light up the several miles of sea front boardwalk this year from Sep 4 thru Nov 8 - the big turn on day is a big hit with a mystery celebrity to trip the lights fantastic.
Blackpool at any time of year can be a blast - it's the most popular tourist destination in Britain I've read outside of London - so if going say London to Scotland or Bath to Scotland take a break for something way different from the cutlural things most tourists are attracted too -
Here in Blackpool you'll see several miles of Christmas lights and pictures - some trams are even all lit-up - locals from all over the area flock here to join the parade in their cars, which to me is also part of the show as giddy folks sipping perhaps too much bubbly have just a fun time driving so so slowly thru the lights.
Many upper-class Brits disdain Blackpool and the Lights - every year when I post this there is a chorus of FodorBrits dissing the place as about the worst scum-bag ridden place on Earth but if you want to see a different slice of British life than normal Blackpool is where it's at - a parade of tea cshops, cheap cafeterias, 'rock' shops, tacky souvenir shops and certainly pubs - a working class haven for sure but one that anyone could love for the experience.
So for one of the most fabulously popular events in all of England and Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland and Berwick-on-Tweed check out Blackpool and especially if popular its fantastic light show.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 황금성 온라인게임 ▣ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 2 카지노잘하는법＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼생중계바카라⊂바카라사이트추천
- 3 중국카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼바카라사이트×안전공원
- 4 Hotels in Turin
- 5 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 6 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 7 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 8 Trogir or Split
- 9 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 10 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 11 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 12 Istria in two days
- 13 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 14 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 15 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 16 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 17 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 18 Scotland itinerary help
- 19 Rental Car pick up in Cortana
- 20 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 21 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 22 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 23 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 24 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 25 Info for Edinburgh visit
Blackpool Illuminations - Tripping the Lights Fantastic Sep 4 - Nov 8, 2105