For the zillioneth straight year since WW2 era darkness I'd hazzard (though not sure) the phenomenally famous and popular Blackpool Lights (a k a Illuminations) will light up the several miles of sea front boardwalk this year from Sep 4 thru Nov 8 - the big turn on day is a big hit with a mystery celebrity to trip the lights fantastic.
Blackpool at any time of year can be a blast - it's the most popular tourist destination in Britain I've read outside of London - so if going say London to Scotland or Bath to Scotland take a break for something way different from the cutlural things most tourists are attracted too -
Here in Blackpool you'll see several miles of Christmas lights and pictures - some trams are even all lit-up - locals from all over the area flock here to join the parade in their cars, which to me is also part of the show as giddy folks sipping perhaps too much bubbly have just a fun time driving so so slowly thru the lights.
Many upper-class Brits disdain Blackpool and the Lights - every year when I post this there is a chorus of FodorBrits dissing the place as about the worst scum-bag ridden place on Earth but if you want to see a different slice of British life than normal Blackpool is where it's at - a parade of tea cshops, cheap cafeterias, 'rock' shops, tacky souvenir shops and certainly pubs - a working class haven for sure but one that anyone could love for the experience.
So for one of the most fabulously popular events in all of England and Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland and Berwick-on-Tweed check out Blackpool and especially if popular its fantastic light show.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 마틴배팅 ▶ 홈피: pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 다빈치알라딘 바다이야기 ▶ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 3 Andalucia Spain
- 4 seat reservations
- 5 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 6 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 7 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 8 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 9 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 10 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 11 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 12 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 13 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 14 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 15 Italy in a week
- 16 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 17 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 18 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 19 Germany-Car or Train
- 20 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 21 SURPRISE TRIP
- 22 Jewish Vienna
- 23 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 24 Reaching the Lake District
- 25 Positano Hotel in September
Blackpool Illuminations - Tripping the Lights Fantastic Sep 4 - Nov 8, 2105